[ Mephisto ]
are the diff name is rankable ? ಠ_ಠ
Kuron-kun
the hardest diff can be ranked with any name

anyways, congratulations kyshiro and ami, great mapset o/
JappyBabes
this diff name got accepted. what.
Myxo
The hardest diff name can not be anything, it must relate to the song. This one doesn't..
Kuron-kun
oh, lol

I thought when a mapset was ranked with a diffname [cancer] anything was allowed >_>

but I saw now it got unranked.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
Oh please. Do you really want this unranked for the diff name? the rule is that the hardest diffname can be custom. And it is related, I mapped this song for Alexa, which makes it related.

I asked multiple people and no one had a problem with it whatsoever
Stefan
Alexa = Ami

They worked together on this set.

They both have a relationship.

Classifies as rankable Difficulty name.

EDIT: Please stop shouting "hurrrdurr dif namu not rankiburr". Add something productive - and with sense behind - or don't post at all.
Mayzel
what is this diff name?
BAN plz
Veemon
congratzz !!
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

Stefan wrote:

Alexa = Ami

EDIT: Please stop shouting "hurrrdurr dif namu not rankiburr". Add something productive - and with sense behind - or don't post at all.
konekokittenzzz

Kyshiro wrote:

Oh please. Do you really want this unranked for the diff name? the rule is that the hardest diffname can be custom. And it is related, I mapped this song for Alexa, which makes it related.

it's happened before with one where the guy named his diff name "cancer", but it's reasonable for that because that can be offensive to others

it got unranked for a short time because people wanted the name changed

this one's debatable but i don't think it should be unranked for something as small as a non-offensive difficulty name :D
Lach

Stefan wrote:

Alexa = Ami

Kyshiro wrote:

p/2962715

>>It can't be a username, or anything related to a username.

Unless you think the "For My" part indicates exactly what the difficulty is...

The reason "xxx's Hard" is acceptable is because it says two things. Who made it, and what the difficulty is supposed to be. In this case, you've literally just put someones name there. Someone unrelated to the map. Something unrelated to the map. You're in a relationship, good on you, but what does that have to do with the map? Or with the song?

I hate to be that guy, but this is fucking retarded.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
@TBLKitten, that had to chance cause it was offensive.

@Lach, the hardest diff of a mapset can have a custom name, doesn't necessarily have to contain a name

Guys please. It's a game, stop taking this so serious, everyone understands that it's harder than the insane specially now with the fixed star rating. No don't come to me complaining the star rating still sucks, it's accurate enough to indicate what is what.
Lach

Kyshiro wrote:

@Lach, the hardest diff of a mapset can have a custom name, doesn't necessarily have to contain a name
That's my point. It can have a custom name, it can't contain only a username. Or name of a player. It has to be related to something.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

Lach wrote:

Kyshiro wrote:

That's my point. It can have a custom name, it can't contain only a username. Or name of a player. It has to be related to something.
Explained this like 3x now, it's related because I mapped this specifically for her making it related to the map, the rule with the usernames was cause people were calling their diffs ''Kyshiro'' or ''0108'' This is something completely different
Lach

Kyshiro wrote:

Lach wrote:

Explained this like 3x now, it's related because I mapped this specifically for her making it related to the map, the rule with the usernames was cause people were calling their diffs ''Kyshiro'' or ''0108'' This is something completely different
It still doesn't make it any different. It's still a name of someone, it does not indicate the difficulty, it does not represent something to do with the song.

It doesn't make any difference.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

Kyshiro wrote:

Lach wrote:

It still doesn't make it any different. It's still a name of someone, it does not indicate the difficulty, it does not represent something to do with the song.

It doesn't make any difference.
It's. A. Game.

custom names barely ever indicate a difficulty anyway

I'd appreciate if people could stop complaining on the forum and just talk to me in game.
Cherry Blossom
Sacrilege on a BMS map.
I don't really think the diff name is rankable, no exceptions ?
Lach
I sincerely congratulate you on being together for a whole ten months. But I don't think you understand the point I'm trying to get across here. Your difficulty name makes no sense, and you and I both know that you know this. And you're trying to get away with it for no reason other than the fact that you named it after your (girl)friend, and that makes it okay to disregard a rule set in place to stop wanko like this.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Sacrilege on a BMS map.
I don't really think the diff name is rankable, no exceptions ?
For what exact reason? the ''name rule'' was for diffnames called ''nameofmapper'' which then would be the diff that mapper made. this is completely different
Stefan
About the point "unrelated to a username.": this actually could mean anything.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/514981 would be unrankable because the "ovic" is the 2nd half of my 2nd name. Which is unlogical and extremely stupid. If the user Ami used "Alexa" in her current or previous name (see the case about Skystar) then that probably would fit into the criteria to be "related to the username".

just saying
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

Stefan wrote:

About the point "unrelated to a username.": this actually could mean anything.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/514981 would be unrankable because the "ovic" is the 2nd half of my 2nd name. Which is unlogical and extremely stupid. If the user Ami used "Alexa" in her current or previous name (see the case about Skystar) then that probably would fit into the criteria to be "related to the username".

just saying
Funfact, alexa is also just half of her name
shARPII
Ok let's avoid a drama here.

I cleaned some stuff which wasn't needed without killing the main discussion.
To be clear, you guys have the right to give your opinion, but not by trashtalking people and being rude.

QAT are doing their job and they'll unrank it if it's needed (because of this or not, that's not really my job to decide)
Nevertheless, I'm still here to avoid this kind of "bad discussion" happen.

I reopen this but I warn you that every post which doesn't make sense / agressive without any kind of argument will be deleted followed by a silence of the user.

Thank you and be nice, it's just a game.

PS: If you need something / I did something wrong for you, feel free to poke me in game (and not posting here)
Cherry Blossom
So, clarify this "supposed" rule because people are confused lol.
I personally don't agree with this diff name, it's like "back to our old times, YEAH, i can name my diff "STAY COCONUT MILK RAINBOW DASH" but this is still related to the song", lol. Changing already changed rule does not even have sense. but well, it's not the place to talk about rules here. So, i will shut up myself, and see what will happen.
Secretpipe
Let's close the drama and go play god damn it
Maruyu
Nowhere in this mapset is the name Alexa related to any sort of username on osu!. Also, the Ranking Criteria explicitely says that the difficulty name must be appropriate. Well, "appropriate" isn't specified, so it doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be related to the song. I don't see why this difficulty name is an issue.
ProfessionalBox
In my opinion this diff name should be kept the way it is. This is meant as a sweet gesture and it is in no way an offensive or inappropriate name for a difficulty. Things like these make the osu! community better :)
TicClick
Hello. Unfortunately, I have to unrank your map for the reason many users have pointed out already: inappropriate difficulty name ("For My Alexa"). It could work better if the name indicated difficulty in any way or wasn't only a tribute or dedication to the person, mentioning nothing but her name. You may use a storyboard to show your devotion, but difficulty name is a no-no.

On another note:
[Insane]
  1. 00:57:675 (2) - mapped to no sound and should appear 1/4 earlier
shARPII
This is my last warning.
Refer to this post : p/3478346
The mapper himself asked to stop the spam here, so please do.

It's time for the rerank (if he wants to), so just keep this thread clean.
Natteke desu
Combo colour 3 blends with the background. I'd also like to mod the map before it moves any further to rank
theramdans
wow I didnt know naming a diff by someone's name or a specific name that has zero relevance to the song is rankable nowadays
*noted
*need to be careful
p3n
Just to clear something up from the unrank post:

If you dedicate a diff or mapset to someone, use the MAP DESCRIPTION or make a StoryBoard. If the map is a Collab just name it Collab. If you want to include "Alexa" in the diff name at least use something creative that relates to the song OR the diff. But I doubt the nature of the song and the intention of your diff name fit each other...

We don't discourage creative difficulty names but to show your affection by naming the highest diff of your set is completely out of control.
Shohei Ohtani
I swear to god this discussion has happened like 5 times like

one day our lord and savoir jesus will come down and give judgement on what the rule actually fucking is like
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

p3n wrote:

Just to clear something up from the unrank post:

If you dedicate a diff or mapset to someone, use the MAP DESCRIPTION or make a StoryBoard. If the map is a Collab just name it Collab. If you want to include "Alexa" in the diff name at least use something creative that relates to the song OR the diff. But I doubt the nature of the song and the intention of your diff name fit each other...

We don't discourage creative difficulty names but to show your affection by naming the highest diff of your set is completely out of control.
Extra For My Alexandra indicates the difficulty and what i wanted it to be, so both sides should be happy now i hope >_>

also fixed the note on insane
Hula
all of this just makes me laugh.
Irreversible
osu! in a nutshell
tryaway

Hula wrote:

all of this just makes me laugh.
Natteke desu
3rd combocolor still blends with the background and it can be a reason for new unqualification, make it brighter please.
[Extra For My Alexandra]
00:23:008 (2) - consider replacing it with two circles because of strong beat here 00:23:175 -, it feels not that good rhythmically because with slider end you're lefting start of the musical changes unclickable
00:24:008 (7) - NC should be here because of obvious reasons
00:26:342 (4) - again it feels much better as two circles because of strong beat
00:29:008 (4) - same here
01:07:175 (3) - it feels really off because you skips strong beat at the white tick it should be mapped
01:08:508 (3) - something like this will be more closer to music
01:11:342 (5,6) - well, i can hear 1/4s here, what's about triplet?
02:04:001 (1,2) - not a big fan of these because of unclickable downbeat, this will be more enjoyable to play tho

[Hard Collab]
00:32:008 (5) - should be NCed
Gero
orz my bad... anyways good luck Kyshiro.
show more