forum

cYsmix feat. Emmy - Tear Rain

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj
wwwww <333

also original bg is being used under the artist's discretion; proper credits will be attributed in the op (and already on the picture itself)
Loctav
Congratulations jonathanlfjhjfjkksdf
Ephemeral
the BG needs to be a 100% original work (no edit, nothing) or an image licensed under creative commons before we can rank/approve/post the goddamn results already - the current one is not, and thus needs to be changed
Azer
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj
alright after some research i actually found a cool and relevant image that is liscensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic Liscense. Took me a while but i guess its worth the time?

Map has been updated and attributions stated in the OP
happy30
The current bg seems to be made by a circle called Cradle
It was released together with a music CD by Alstroemeria records (source: http://vgmdb.net/album/10674)
The image says "Judgment days" and "beatMARIO", that's why I am assuming this.

Anyway, I found this on Cradle's homepage about the copyrights:

/// copyright

バナーを除く、全ての画像の無断転載及び、二次掲載を禁止します。
イラストへの直リンクもご遠慮下さい。お願い致します。

(loosely translated into: "except for the banners, unauthorized reproduction of the images is prohibited, don't direct link them")

source: http://cradle.cc/about.html
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj

happy30 wrote:

The current bg seems to be made by a circle called Cradle
It was released together with a music CD by Alstroemeria records (source: http://vgmdb.net/album/10674)
The image says "Judgment days" and "beatMARIO", that's why I am assuming this.

Anyway, I found this on Cradle's homepage about the copyrights:

/// copyright

バナーを除く、全ての画像の無断転載及び、二次掲載を禁止します。
イラストへの直リンクもご遠慮下さい。お願い致します。

(loosely translated into: "except for the banners, unauthorized reproduction of the images is prohibited, don't direct link them")

source: http://cradle.cc/about.html
good point, i will see if i can find another one i guess...

EDIT: Scrapped Flandre, cant find many good quality licensed image of her...slapped a marisa + reimu combo on there, hope this works out qq
Image link: http://ninamo-chan.deviantart.com/art/G ... -210875113
CC License link: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

since the license states not to transform i will leave the original resolution untouched, pretty sure 1000*707 is rankable as peppy said any resolution that doesn't break osu is fine.
Ephemeral
rebubbling now that licensing is fixed
Loctav
I don't think the resolution is breaking anything. And since we need to keep the licensing and changing the resolution here would break the image self, let's go with it.
(This doesn't mean that other maps can use random resolutions)
Koiyuki
gratz~ >.<
Asagi Mutsuki
gratz~
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj
yayy Thank you ><

also for a little while i do not want to see touhou bgs again...
Oyatsu
RANKED MAP ATTACK AGAIN
Congrtaz!! jona-senpai :D
- Umeru -
I love your insane difficulty :D i love that jumps.
Satellite
Congratz jonathan :3
Beige
Congratz~ :3
xChippy
Gratz ;)
Kodora
Oh finally. Congratulations!
LunarSakuya
:D :D :lol: :P 8-) :cry: :oops:
Teara
:) Congrats.
grumd
FINALLY!
Natsu
Finally gratz Jony :3
DakeDekaane
This NHI spread is very nice, you did a good work here.

Congrats jonathan, you really deserve it :)
BeatofIke
Well constructed map. Congrats. :3
Aurele
I'm sick and tired of hearing that song, gosh

Congratulation jonathan ! :D
happy623
gratz purrro /o/
peppy
sounds like shit. i vomited at whistle usage :(. any chance of either replacing the hitsound or fixing the shit up? i just bundled this with osu! without checking it, and now am having huge regrets at the low quality hitsounds.
Sieg

peppy wrote:

sounds like shit. i vomited at whistle usage :(. any chance of either replacing the hitsound or fixing the shit up? i just bundled this with osu! without checking it, and now am having huge regrets at the low quality hitsounds.
that feedback :o
Shiro
I can redo the hitsounding if jonathan is fine with it
Saten
replace them with soft ones (imo)
Charles445

peppy wrote:

In order to prepare a map for a contest the mappers use default hitsounds as provided in the game install (for example, I had to use normal, soft, and drums when I was mapping Liquid for the bundled map).

Jonathan needed some form of emphasis for the faster paced parts of the song and worked with what he had, in this case normal whistles (soft whistles being used for the slow parts).

I think the "sounds like shit" was largely in part caused by the lack of options the mapper had for hitsounding. Maybe a different sample for emphasis could be introduced here? Either that or substitute soft-whistles in place of normal-whistles as Saten suggested.

Shiro wrote:

I can redo the hitsounding if jonathan is fine with it
This is Jonathan's work, he should be the one making changes.
Stefan
So you decide to discuss this "issue" which isn't one nearly one month after the rank? Good timing. They were no other complains about it so just leave it how it is. If it won like that then there was a really good reason why. Otherwise the contest should ne nullified.
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj
its ok i understand where peppy is comming from, if i had the option to do so i would have never touched the normal-whistle in the first place. Fixing now please be patient

EDIT: so the following were changed:
1. Added a custom normal-hitwhistle to replace default whistle
2. changed all S, N and D sections to S:C1, N:C1 and D:C1 so they will utilize the custom whistle
3. Removed most slider-body whistles on all 3 difficulties (Normal has none, Hard and Insane only uses it during musical peaks)

Since non of the changes above actually affects gameplay of any mode (i think), i guess no scores will need to be wiped?
UnitedWeSin
Scores need to be wiped with hitsounding changes unfortunately because of other game modes.
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj

UnitedWeSin wrote:

Scores need to be wiped with hitsounding changes unfortunately because of other game modes.
there were actually no hitsound changes on circles, slider starts/ends or spinners within the map, the only thing that was altered was the removal of some slider-slide whistles, which iirc does not affect game mode conversion. Need peppy to clarify this ofc
Stefan
It's a bit disappointing that you decide to change the original map because not even a handful of people complains about the usage of too many whistles. But I think you wanted to change it by yourself too so I guess this is fine.
Loctav
Fixed hitsounding.
neurosis
1m plays!
tiarita12
hoygan en el osu es muy dificil llegar al rankin mundial mi rima con tener 100.000.000 pudo entrar al rankin mundial....porfavor son muy aprovechadores los odio
:P :x :P :x :P
MPG_HiLife
hey guys
show more