forum

Exclude Search

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
Codesterz
Not sure where to put this topic. Was wondering if its possible to do an exclude in search? In particular I'm looking for beatmaps that have a video aren't TV Size OP or ED for animes and are not sung by vocaloids. I tried enabling 'Has Video' and typing -size -vocaloid but nothing comes up. It seams to be searching for the words with the - sign included.
Myke B
Sadly, there are not very many options when it comes to searching for beatmaps on the website, other than what's already provided. If you don't like vocaloids or anime related music, you can do that by selecting the "more options" drop down box, and select english under language, and you can also specify that genre. This won't eliminate all of what you want (seeing as how most of Osu! thrives off of that stuff), but it will narrow it down. Hope this helps, and as for where this goes, I think it belongs in the tech support.
peppy
using -something should work correctly
Myke B

peppy wrote:

Do you mean -bpm, or -ar? Can you give an example of -something. Also, are the same features that are in the game, like bpm>=, located on the https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?
Bauxe

Myke B wrote:

peppy wrote:

Do you mean -bpm, or -ar? Can you give an example of -something. Also, are the same features that are in the game, like bpm>=, located on the https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?
No, he means using -vocaloid to remove all results that include "vocaloid". Just tested, definitely works.
Topic Starter
Codesterz
After doing a bit of testing I found using -vocaloid only works if I also search up a word without a - sign. If I search -vocaloid by itself it says "No results found. Please try generalising your search further!" If I search -vocaloid -size I get the same thing. If I type -vocaloid -size game I get some results because of the game. It is factoring in the -vocaloid -size because there are fewer result than if I just search game alone. Is there a way to search 'Has Video' in the search box instead of checking the option or something else I could search with -vocaloid -size that would bring up ALL songs that don't have vocaloids or TV OPs and EDs.

EDIT: About searching up english wont work as I have no problem with songs in other languages just 90% of anime songs are cute pop or something along those lines which I don't like. At that they are to short. I know there are good japanese songs. I like most of ONE OK ROCK's songs. Searching up AMV or MAD gives few results and I have found songs with AMVs or MADs that didn't have the tag for it that I just stumbled across by pure luck.
Bauxe

Codesterz wrote:

After doing a bit of testing I found using -vocaloid only works if I also search up a word without a - sign. If I search -vocaloid by itself it says "No results found. Please try generalising your search further!" If I search -vocaloid -size I get the same thing. If I type -vocaloid -size game I get some results because of the game. It is factoring in the -vocaloid -size because there are fewer result than if I just search game alone. Is there a way to search 'Has Video' in the search box instead of checking the option or something else I could search with -vocaloid -size that would bring up ALL songs that don't have vocaloids or TV OPs and EDs.

EDIT: About searching up english wont work as I have no problem with songs in other languages just 90% of anime songs are cute pop or something along those lines which I don't like. At that they are to short. I know there are good japanese songs. I like most of ONE OK ROCK's songs. Searching up AMV or MAD gives few results and I have found songs with AMVs or MADs that didn't have the tag for it that I just stumbled across by pure luck.
It doesn't let you search everything except certain words, it is just to remove certain results from A certain search term.
Topic Starter
Codesterz
Bummer... anyone know of some beatmaps that have a video preferably an AMV or MAD but don't have the tag for AMV and MAD making them not findable with AMV or MAD. I'll take anything even stuff from the Graveyard. Just so long as it isn't vocaloid(MMD's of IA excluded will take these any day even with a crappy cutesy song) and not anime OP/ED.
Shohei Ohtani
Alternatively, you can use the genre and language tabs. Most OPs and stuff are listed under "Anime (Respective Language)" and most Vocaloid stuff is listed under "Novelty (Respective Language)". Granted, if you're looking for MADs, they're going to be under novelty too.

For MADs, try searching for Nico Nico Douga. (Or NicoNicoDouga). Most MADs are tagged with that.

A lot of AMVs don't also really exist on osu!. Mostly because like, if someone was gonna map a song, they'd map the song with the original context in which it came. The only song that is, in its purest definition, and AMV map, is this one https://osu.ppy.sh/s/10178 . Although I'm not sure if that'll be too soft for your ultimate edge, so you might just end up being out of luck.
Kert
Bumping.
Is it possible to make it so you can also exclude maps with certain genre, language e.t.c.?