forum

Brian Tyler - Black Flag, Main Theme -

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
oempa
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on zondag 19 januari 2014 at 23:02:10

Artist: Brian Tyler - Black Flag, Main Theme
Title:
Source: Black Flag OST
Tags: assasins creed pirates
BPM: 92
Filesize: 3354kb
Play Time: 02:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4,69 stars, 259 notes)
Download: Brian Tyler - Black Flag, Main Theme -
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Please mod this if you think you can help or add it to favorites if you like the map!
Note: normal is not playable atm, just did the timing for it, insane is definitely not playable and might not even be in the final product, just seeing if i can make it work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Special thanks to Lno for timing the first offset.. i was noobing it up :3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Venumidas
Geting 300+ spins/s not able to do it, it doesn't fit the speed with the circles and sliders, it's to fast.
Topic Starter
oempa

Venumidas wrote:

Geting 300+ spins/s not able to do it, it doesn't fit the speed with the circles and sliders, it's to fast.
Hi, thank you for leaving a comment!

I'm not entirely sure but i believe you're talking about the spinners(?). I can assure you that they're fine! The auto mod spins 22k on the first one and 11k on the second one.
NoYzE
[Hard]
00:55:196 (1) - Haha, first i was thinking, do it have to be this big? The A is smaller, but it may be ok if it wouldn't fit to the timing otherwise. (just look into it once more)
01:28:833 (2) - I would rather like to have triplets there :( but it's up to you^^
01:58:130 (1) - The "Star" from before had just a little bit of a less oval shape ;)

Overall: I love the design! You used distance snap so everything is readable fine <3 and i love stuff like this: 02:00:942 (5) - xD
Topic Starter
oempa

NoYzE wrote:

[Hard]
00:55:196 (1) - Haha, first i was thinking, do it have to be this big? The A is smaller, but it may be ok if it wouldn't fit to the timing otherwise. (just look into it once more)
01:28:833 (2) - I would rather like to have triplets there :( but it's up to you^^
01:58:130 (1) - The "Star" from before had just a little bit of a less oval shape ;)

Overall: I love the design! You used distance snap so everything is readable fine <3 and i love stuff like this: 02:00:942 (5) - xD
I was going to leave the part at 00:55:196 (1) as a break at first but it'd create such a long break, so i thought i'd write AC, but they're a bit off scale.. x3 (honestly i'm just glad you even noticed it was an A!) xD

01:28:833 (2) I tried tripplets there before and it sounds a bit weird to me, empty and off time. However i do agree with the stars at 1:58, thanks for pointing that out.

and thank you so much for just leaving a mod here, i really appreciate it!
NoYzE
I tried tripplets there before and it sounds a bit weird to me, empty and off time.
I listened carefully with 50% speed and the track actually plays triplets at the times.
How can stick to the track be empty and off time?^^

01:35:864 (2) - Here
01:35:981 (3) - Here
01:36:099 (4) - And Here

1/4 Spaced Triplets.
Sounds great to me, and is in sync with the track.

Streams should nearly always end on an uneven number.
This way you will land where you started, you know?
If you start with your middle finger, you will end up with your middle finger.
If you single tap you are in sync with the rhythm, even if you used your other finger for the stream.
Also, you just need to count your main finger if you do long streams.

I really don't want to push you, but i don't know any ranked maps that have 4 note streams like this ;)
Topic Starter
oempa

NoYzE wrote:

I tried tripplets there before and it sounds a bit weird to me, empty and off time.
I listened carefully with 50% speed and the track actually plays triplets at the times.
How can stick to the track be empty and off time?^^

01:35:864 (2) - Here
01:35:981 (3) - Here
01:36:099 (4) - And Here

1/4 Spaced Triplets.
Sounds great to me, and is in sync with the track.

Streams should nearly always end on an uneven number.
This way you will land where you started, you know?
If you start with your middle finger, you will end up with your middle finger.
If you single tap you are in sync with the rhythm, even if you used your other finger for the stream.
Also, you just need to count your main finger if you do long streams.

I really don't want to push you, but i don't know any ranked maps that have 4 note streams like this ;)
You were correct. When i tried it last time it still had the wrong timing, this definitely sounds a lot better, thanks for mentioning it again :D
I also made the C in AC smaller and also added some clap and whistle sounds, let me know if they're off or if you like them or not :)
NoYzE
Hey there, i really like the changes so far :)

Some random things i noticed
[Hard]
01:50:864 (8) - I like this mapping technique ;) But it's slightly overlapped by the start and end points of the slider. You could try disabling grid snap and widen the slider a bit so it touches the circle but don't overlap with the start and end points.
01:56:724 (1) - This one is hard to explain... well i try anyway. When you play this figure you feel strange because you didn't feel the star.
I made a little drawing to show you what i mean^^

(Oh, it's pretty big O_o)
While you have Form 1, you draw a nice star, but you only jumped to the opposite side.
The second form star may be not so pretty when drawn, but jumping in a triangular form is very fun and commonly seen on very good hard maps.
Same goes for the one after the one i linked.

I like the claps, they really fit i think, though i am not so experienced when it comes to hitsounds ;)
Maybe you should also add some "Finish"s and remember, that in taiko mode "clap" and "whistle" are blue "kat" notes and a "finish" is a big note (if it is finish AND clap or whistle, it's a big Blue :P)

One last thing i was thinking about is the slider velocity change.
It is right that the track is switching from piano to subito forte, but it is still pretty .... sudden^^
Maybe you could think about either lowering the slider velocity (i know it is a pain if you already arranged the slider nicely) or find a solution to prepare the player to the switch.
But you should probably get the opinion of a more experienced modder on this.

Also, don't forget that you need at least 1 easy/normal diff for a mapset :)
Topic Starter
oempa

NoYzE wrote:

Hey there, i really like the changes so far :)
SPOILER
Some random things i noticed
[Hard]
01:50:864 (8) - I like this mapping technique ;) But it's slightly overlapped by the start and end points of the slider. You could try disabling grid snap and widen the slider a bit so it touches the circle but don't overlap with the start and end points.
01:56:724 (1) - This one is hard to explain... well i try anyway. When you play this figure you feel strange because you didn't feel the star.
I made a little drawing to show you what i mean^^

(Oh, it's pretty big O_o)
While you have Form 1, you draw a nice star, but you only jumped to the opposite side.
The second form star may be not so pretty when drawn, but jumping in a triangular form is very fun and commonly seen on very good hard maps.
Same goes for the one after the one i linked.

I like the claps, they really fit i think, though i am not so experienced when it comes to hitsounds ;)
Maybe you should also add some "Finish"s and remember, that in taiko mode "clap" and "whistle" are blue "kat" notes and a "finish" is a big note (if it is finish AND clap or whistle, it's a big Blue :P)

One last thing i was thinking about is the slider velocity change.
It is right that the track is switching from piano to subito forte, but it is still pretty .... sudden^^
Maybe you could think about either lowering the slider velocity (i know it is a pain if you already arranged the slider nicely) or find a solution to prepare the player to the switch.
But you should probably get the opinion of a more experienced modder on this.

Also, don't forget that you need at least 1 easy/normal diff for a mapset :)
01:50:864 (8) fixed
01:56:724 (1) fixed (?)

I'm sort of new to adding different hit sounds so i'm not quite sure how i could make it sound nicer with finishes.
I'm working on a normal difficulty, but since i don't play a lot of normal maps it's a bit hard for me :x
NoYzE
01:50:864 (8) fixed
Looks veeery cool now :)

01:56:724 (1) fixed (?)
Hmm i told you it's hard to explain^^
What i was trying to say was, that the order in that you follow the star is very bouncy instead of 2 triangles.
This is how i would like it better ;)

However, your new figure has pretty much flow too now, because you are gaining momentum for the stream after.
So it is up to you to leave it as it is now, because it's really good too i think.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.