forum

[resolved] [added] Increasing the amount of friends

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,062
show more
Gumpy
Is there a reason why it's not higher then 250?
Gravey-
I really support this~ :!:
Suimya
this sure needed <3
Pawsu
yesyesyesyesyes
[ Trinity ]
I would vote if I have any stars
Shadowriver

Gumpyyy wrote:

Is there a reason why it's not higher then 250?
The more friends you have the more notification data need to be send to you, thats main reason of friend limits. Also it might be IRC server limitation, as Osu clearly use simple (to not say primitive) IRC online notification system that comes with protocol.... as a (kind of former) IRC user i can see that :p
Bara-
Idk
But if this goes up, I'll get supporter again, just to get huge friend rankings xD
Rescue Fox
The human brain can only remember up to 150 meaningful relationships at a time ;-; why would you need 400?

meh whatever, support :p
glassdoll
I need and support this sooo hell yea!!! Make this possible <3
drum drum
Bumping for duplicate topic t/351304
- Sugoi Sugoi -
No votes left ._.
Good idea for supporters only, but what if you lose the supporter? 0_o what happens to the 150 friends?
Bara-
Same as beatmap submission
You'll keep current, but when one of them drops out (removed) you can't get a replacement
Bauxe

baraatje123 wrote:

Same as beatmap submission
You'll keep current, but when one of them drops out (removed) you can't get a replacement
That would be really bad. If you say, had a full 400 friends and lost supporter, you would need to remove 200 people to add someone else.
Bara-
So does Beatmap Submission work at least
Bauxe
They can graveyard, friends can't.
Comet
I have a small idea that could change this.

For every (let's say) 5 supporter tags you buy (they need to be at least "x" dollars a piece, x being a number peppy could decide,) you get the ability to add 250 more friends thereafter, with the hard limit being also whatever peppy decides (I'd personally think 2000 is good enough for quite a while, because if you have more than that then that's just stupid, even 2000 is overkill.)
Gravey-

Actually there's a trick i'm not sure but i have 250+ friends and i can add more by:

1.) Go to "Settings" at the front of your profile besides the Logout button
2.) Go to "Friends and Foes"
3.) Copy paste or just put the actual IGN of the user you want to add at the 2nd box "Add new friends"
4.) Submit
5.) Ok

I dunno if it's a bug or not. . . . but i can mutual friends that exceeds the limit. . . .
Bara-
Are you sure those are more then 250?
It's 33 lines, with all 7-10 in it
So you might be on 249 now
Mutual me plz
Gravey-

baraatje123 wrote:

Are you sure those are more then 250?
It's 33 lines, with all 7-10 in it
So you might be on 249 now
Mutual me plz
Lol i actually counted it and. . .

Mutualed ♥
Bara-
Lol
Nice trick :P
Thankies :3
- Sugoi Sugoi -
Yeah very nice
Can I has friends too
Amlink
I love this idea! I'm defiantly going to empty my 3 months worth of supporter stars on this! From 480 or so stars to 546! XD
Bara-
Nice
I still want this
Not that am close to 250, but it is definitely a nice thing too have
That, and anyone can insta-mutual me if they PM me :P
I love having friends \:D/
Aikyuu-Chan
I need more friends for my sake.
So, I think I always support this features regularly :)

I need my friendlist until 1K for I can chat and be friends with them :)
Seijiro

[GraveChaos] wrote:

Actually there's a trick i'm not sure but i have 250+ friends and i can add more by:

3.) Copy paste or just put the actual IGN of the user you want to add at the 2nd box "Add new friends"
4.) Submit
5.) Ok

I dunno if it's a bug or not. . . . but i can mutual friends that exceeds the limit. . . .
If you can do something that you shouldn't be able to, how do you call it? lol
Do not abuse that bug, MillihioreF said it too, since once that bug gets fixed what will happen? I don't know for sure what, but it will be at least troublesome...
Inb4 the devs don't plan to fix this bug at all lol

-----------------------------

Back to the topic: I use the friendlist also as a "stalking" feature lol I mean, I add people to it if I want to keep an eye on them (for various reasons: fame, wrong behavior, role, etc...). If you use it also this way your slots run out pretty fast, but I guess that's just a personal matter xD
I should do a general clean up ._.
Amlink

MrSergio wrote:

[GraveChaos] wrote:

4.) Submit
5.) Ok

If you can do something that you shouldn't be able to, how do you call it? lol
Do not abuse that bug, MillihioreF said it too, since once that bug gets fixed what will happen? I don't know for sure what, but it will be at least troublesome...
Inb4 the devs don't plan to fix this bug at all lol

-----------------------------

Back to the topic: I use the friendlist also as a "stalking" feature lol I mean, I add people to it if I want to keep an eye on them (for various reasons: fame, wrong behavior, role, etc...). If you use it also this way your slots run out pretty fast, but I guess that's just a personal matter xD
I should do a general clean up ._.

Dude thx so much man saved my life. But I will continue to support this feature request in case they decide to patch that. :3
Bara-
Bump
My list is also full, so it'd be nice to have a larger list possible
mizuki-chan
Voted.
Charlotte
You have 0 vote(s) remaining.

age↑ age↑
Xinnoh
Re-bump because having the same maximum limit after almost five years of the community growing is ridiculous, many people can't add their actual friends due to this issue
Akitoshi

Sinnoh wrote:

Re-bump because having the same maximum limit after almost five years of the community growing is ridiculous, many people can't add their actual friends due to this issue
^
Larc
support this ;)
FiddleBlue
Considering that most players use the friend list as a way to track users like top players, it would be better if it's separated. One for mutual and the other for "following". The mutual list can use the "send request" kind of system while following is a simple click like right now. Also if the limited friends have something to do with bugs or something, then the following list can be limited instead of mutual.

I think this will make everyone happy.
Topic Starter
Aurele

Sinnoh wrote:

I totally forgot this thread existed. I am still supporting it ;)
Yukkuri
You have 0 vote(s) remaining.
KJF
bump
Tanomoshii Nekojou
In my opinion, still the best option is to put it to unlimited like how twitter works for following people.... since the new osu! website is already showing '### followers' at the bottom of every userpages and not friends~... :3

+2 stars for this anyways... :)
Xinnoh
Planned to be implemented, increasing from 300 -> 500 for now. Thread can be moved to completed

Topic Starter
Aurele
we did it guys, after 4 years!!

:cry:
Nathanael
Marked as resolved and added