forum

[resolved] beatmaps stop downloading at around 1 mb

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
UnluckyBlackCat
Problem Details:

when i try and download a map, the download appears on the bottom left as it should on google chrome. but at around 1 mb downloaded, the download stops and acts as if its finished and when i click on it the osu game picks it up as corrupted or incomplete and throws it in a failure file or something. im not using any download accelerators so thats not it. thanks for any help!

osu! version: 20131216.26 (latest)
iambs
Try redownloading it after a while and if that doesn't work try using a different browser. Also you should check if your anti-virus blocks any downloads.
This has happened to me before and it was just a problem of the downloads not completing properly and it seemed to sort itself out after a while.
Hope this helps!
Topic Starter
UnluckyBlackCat
This has been happening for a while now, like two weeks and my firewall for avg is off so i'm pretty sure its not that. The only other browser I've tried it on is Internet Explorer and it seems to have the same problem

thanks tho man
MillhioreF
It could be a routing issue with your ISP. That sounds strange, though.

Are you able to download beatmaps smaller than 1MB? https://osu.ppy.sh/s/94741
Topic Starter
UnluckyBlackCat
Thanks for the help guys

I found out that it was because i was using a proxy server on my settings that was causing interruptions in downloads. :)

Thanks again