forum

Spaced streams? Or are they..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ColdMetal
Ran into something I'm not sure whats the best way to tackle. The beatmap in particular to showcase my point is Yousei Teikoku's Kokou no Sousei.
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/28705

Really fun map.. But I'm really inconsistent on what I guess I'll describe as spaced streams across the map.

I don't know if I should look at them as spaced streams, or try to read them as individual jumps. If ya kno what I mean? Like I can read em as individual jumps but that's gonna take some time to get better at. On a good day I can read this speed pretty well but those days are far and between. Where as now I'm just treating them as streams, but it feels weird.. lol I really don't know how to describe it, I just feel inconsistent, the damn things are like too slow to be streams, but to fast to be read individually is basically my point.

So my questions is how do you personally look at patterns like this? Like what gives you the most consistent accuracy.
To be clear though, I'm not looking for tips on how to stream, or how jump, this is a mental roadblock, I'm asking how should I perceive it. Hope that made sense. Thx ahead!
Pettanko
singletap that shit like a man and read the notes individually, also snap
iSpR1Te
I think if you have to ask other people this question then you are not ready to play this map.

Honestly this is a very hard map. You can tell by how no body has full comboed it without HT.
Raging Bull
rip cookiezi

@OP You should upload a screenshot to also show what you're talking about.
Topic Starter
ColdMetal
Hmm I see I see.

Nah the map isn't hard at all. I'm playing the easiest difficulty, or at least it is to me, it has like 970ish objects. I've gotten to the last 20secs or so, just ran outta gas, lmao.

Quick screenie, probably not the best spot to show off what I mean but yeah. I've been -streaming- so to speak the circles thus far, but I think I Pettanko is right, I need to just learn to read faster.

I don't even think its the speed or anything that's the problem, it's just the short fuxing spaces. I have a hard time snapping that short of a distance. In fact that's probably my biggest weakness right now, these damn short hops. That's why I asked this, I didn't know if I was supposed to to be snapping to these notes one by one incredibly damn fast, or streaming it kinda slow.
Bauxe
If you learn to stream spaced streams instead of singletapping, things will be much easier in the future.
Almost
Those are all singles. Just read each circle individually and you should get through them easy.
Mikelicious
Single tap that.
TakuMii
Those aren't spaced streams. Just singletap them.
Myke B
Single tap what you can, but if it's too fast, then alternate to the beat. Streams are a lot faster and are put really close together like 98% of the time. Thelewa said it best: "Use singletapping for maps that you can singletap, and alternate on maps that are too fast for singletapping."
-Chronopolis-
Yup the song is 240 bpm and those are 1/2 notes. It definitely is possible to single tap them, but will have to train your single tap speed. You can also check note spacing iin the map editor.
buny
skin more bland than mine
Wishy
Practice Scarlet Rose.
Rewben2

iSpR1Te wrote:

You can tell by how no body has full comboed it without HT.
Cookiezi says hi

Single tapping is the way to go as mentioned by the people above, but you gotta be quick. I've tried to and I can't keep up =s

Not trying to be mean or call you bad, but judging by your profile you probably won't be able to do it well. Your historical shows getting C's in normal insanes and you have relatively low playcount.
Topic Starter
ColdMetal

Rewben2 wrote:

iSpR1Te wrote:

Not trying to be mean or call you bad, but judging by your profile you probably won't be able to do it well. Your historical shows getting C's in normal insanes and you have relatively low playcount.
All good, not mean at all. Lol yeah I don't expect to full combo this or anything or anytime soon. But I love the song, and the map is fun so yeah Ima play it.

Myke B wrote:

Single tap what you can, but if it's too fast, then alternate to the beat. Streams are a lot faster and are put really close together like 98% of the time. Thelewa said it best: "Use singletapping for maps that you can singletap, and alternate on maps that are too fast for singletapping."
Hmm okay. I alternate 95% of the time and this is just awkward. I try to alternate this but it's really hard to keep the rhythm and I just end up alternating way to fast. But my single tapping is shyt because I never really practice it, so no way in hell I'm even close to being able to single tap this. Not sure if I want to learn how to better control my alternating speed, or improve on my single tapping.
GoldenWolf

Rewben2 wrote:

iSpR1Te wrote:

Cookiezi says hi
Who?

ColdMetal wrote:

Not sure if I want to learn how to better control my alternating speed, or improve on my single tapping.
Why not both?
Zakdawg
I can't single tap that fast so I treat it as a 120 bpm spaced stream. Which is hard.
Topic Starter
ColdMetal

Zakdawg wrote:

I can't single tap that fast so I treat it as a 120 bpm spaced stream. Which is hard.
That's exactly what I meant, haha. Would be easier if it was just a regular 180bpm stream or something.
Rewben2

GoldenWolf wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

Cookiezi says hi
Who?
I'm assuming it's some joke around the forum that people claim to not know who Cookiezi is because he's banned, because I extremely doubt you don't know who he is (you've been playing for 2 years -.-)

*shrugs*
Weed

Rewben2 wrote:

I'm assuming it's some joke around the forum that people claim to not know who Cookiezi is because he's banned, because I extremely doubt you don't know who he is (you've been playing for 2 years -.-)

*shrugs*
The community clearly wants to move on. You should too.
Rewben2

bewaredrev wrote:

The community clearly wants to move on. You should too.
So because he's no longer playing it means his scores never happened? Righteoh.
Naikaze
Because he is banned for cheating

Practice singletapping Scarlet Rose and you'll singletap kokou in no time
Rewben2

Gatyaa420 wrote:

Because he is banned for cheating

Practice singletapping Scarlet Rose and you'll singletap kokou in no time
He cheated to ban himself, his scores were legit.
I mentioned him because the guy I replied to even bolded nobody, when in fact it has been not only fc'd but ss'd before.
GoldenWolf

Rewben2 wrote:

How do you know?
WolfCoder

GoldenWolf wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

How do you know?
I never asked these questions because I had the power of search!

Says right here: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/List_of_notable_people
Rewben2

GoldenWolf wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

How do you know?
Hours of liveplay footage does the trick.
http://www.twitch.tv/shigetora/profile/pastBroadcasts
GoldenWolf
So, when someone else says they cheat only to get banned they don't get trusted, but when it's this guy everyone trust him?
show more