forum

What have you bought recently? (Otaku edition)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Offdensen

APH stuff for me as usual
blissfulyoshi
My Black Heart fig came today. Hardest fig I ever tried to assemble. Wings took nearly a hour to partially put them in. Sadly, wings are a nightmare for most people who got it. Alter even had to post a guide on it. http://blog.livedoor.jp/alter_info/arch ... 27939.html

Sadly, I also broke a small plastic tab while making it, minor, but annoying.
Navizel
My Ayesha Altugle 1/8 and Sawa Okita 1/8 figures just came in. Grainy pictures as always.

blissfulyoshi
Got my copy of Stella Glow.

Not going to take pictures of the pkg itself, but Atlus really needs to learn to use official romanizations of names (Look at Nanjo's name)

Besides that, here is my current Luminous Arc shelf. (Infinity is coming in soon, and as for Arc Rise Fantasia...... not sure if I want to see that RPG again xD)

Faust
And with this buy I've concluded my figurine collection.

Aura_old_1
My Kaori Miyazono came in a few days ago and it looks lovely. It came with her letter (Which I can't read cause it's in Japanese.) and the picture in this picture frame which is nice.

Also ordered this Kiss-shot figure which is coming in soon, I think.
blissfulyoshi
Lots and lots of candy!!!!! (and quite a few lackluster video games that I bought for various terrible reasons)

Inventory:
2x Melty Blend (Plain)
2x Melty Blend (Strawberry)
2x Melty Blend (Rum Raisin)
Thinker Figma
All 3 versions of the Vita LL game
Both DAL PS3 games
Irotoridori: World End ReBirth
Luminous Arc Infinity
Mahouka: Out of Order
Symphogear GX Vol 1
Splatoon Art Book
Faust
What the hell, blissful.

Shit's too strong.
xxdeathx
is that the eroge i see with that shinku character

WARNING 18+ H SCENES
blissfulyoshi
@Faust: Not sure which item you're referring to, but the Rum Raisin meltykiss is way too strong for me. Never had it before, and since I had to buy in cases, I ended up with a big surprise. The other flavors are fine for me.

@xxdeathx: Irotoridori (all age version), another visual novel made by Favorite. Like most favorite games, the mcs look quite similar.
Faust
The weeb. It's too strong.
blissfulyoshi

Faust wrote:

The weeb. It's too strong.
Sadly I can't deny that. (Admittedly some of these items are gifts, but yeah, most of the games are mine)
ChubbehBunneh
UMARU COAT/HOODIE/??? THINGY LOL
blissfulyoshi
Since Faust complains I'm too weeb already, here are some more imports.

Might dig up inventory list later, but not in the mood to do it right now.
blissfulyoshi
More stuff

Inventory:
JoJo: All Star Battle
JoJo: Eyes of Heaven
Darwin's Game 6-8
Plunderer 3
Shining Resonance
MonHun X Cover Plates
Nepunia Clear Files
ChocoGummies x3
(Super Sour Candy) x3
Sunny Day Song Kotori
blissfulyoshi
My copy of Neptunia VII came

And for those that care, here are a bunch of comparison pics

Outer art
It is hard to see, but the English one has a much more embossed surface so the characters pop up a bit more

Artbooks vs Perfect Guide
Perfect Guide on top left

Faust
Where do you find all that space to put all your stuff, holy shit.

Eh since I work lots of overtime I decided to treat myself anyway.

neonat
Loot from December

Navizel
Finally I didn't have to pay customs. Waiting for SAL is worth. Bought the PS4 games locally. I know LiS isn't exactly anime but still.

Eloc
(Will have picture once I'm home) a fan-made poster with kensho ono's signature
Lord_Inaire
Being in Scotland for studies, I've had the opportunity to go to the Glasgow Comic Con and a few other minor conventions.
I can't buy things that are bulky (it has to fit in my suitcase), so I have to restrict myself when buying goods...

During these conventions I've bought the BD edition of Gurren-Lagann by AllTheAnime and an action nendoroid of Kaname Madoka by Kotobukiya.

My girlfriend offered me the 5th K-On! Anniversary edition figure of Tainaka Ritsu (to go along with the 5th-A Yui that I already had), and a Senjougahara figure by GSC for christmas.

I plan to buy some other goods at the Raicon in Glasgow and at the Deecon in Dundee.
CodeS
Navizel

Lord_Inaire wrote:

My girlfriend offered me the 5th K-On! Anniversary edition figure of Tainaka Ritsu (to go along with the 5th-A Yui that I already had), and a Senjougahara figure by GSC for christmas.

I plan to buy some other goods at the Raicon in Glasgow and at the Deecon in Dundee.
Where did she buy the Hitagi figure? I don't see her anywhere nor any of the other Monogatari GSC.
blissfulyoshi

Navizel wrote:

Lord_Inaire wrote:

Where did she buy the Hitagi figure? I don't see her anywhere nor any of the other Monogatari GSC.
Hitagi's fig is pretty old now. Not sure where Lord_Inaire got his, but you can get them on amazon.co.jp http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listin ... ition=used
Navizel
oh wow that's expensive. I'm just going to hope GSC rerelease them.
Lord_Inaire

Navizel wrote:

I don't really know, since it was a chrsitmas present it was a surprise.
I think she bought it on Amazon though, since GSC still sells some of their figures there:
http://www.amazon.com/Bakemonogatari-Hi ... B003M0OFAG
It's a bit expensive but eh, who cares ?

Also, has any of you from the US been to the Kizumonogatari showings ? They were apparently selling some really good posters after the showings.
blissfulyoshi

Lord_Inaire wrote:

Navizel wrote:

I don't really know, since it was a chrsitmas present it was a surprise.
I think she bought it on Amazon though, since GSC still sells some of their figures there:
http://www.amazon.com/Bakemonogatari-Hi ... B003M0OFAG
It's a bit expensive but eh, who cares ?

Also, has any of you from the US been to the Kizumonogatari showings ? They were apparently selling some really good posters after the showings.
... At that price, it is cheaper to buy from amazon.co.jp, send it to a forwarder, and have it be shipped that way.

As for the movie, not a fan of the series so didn't go, but tickets are still available, but not sure if they still have merchandise.
benjanyan
-
blissfulyoshi
Trophy farms (well some of them aren't east to farm), manga, and art books!

Faust
Shin Megami Tensei IV Official Artworks.

Excellent buy.
I didn't know there was gonna be a SMT IV Final coming out when I pre-ordered this from Amazon. (which was about 6 months ago ?)

Then again I'm not sure if UDON would even publish an updated one.
Navizel
Senran Kagura Estival Versus. It includes a 2-Disc OST, an artbook, and a bunch of pin-up cards.

and a Murakami book
nezumi cx
I just bought a ton of stuff yesterday.
  • Kotori figure
    2 packages of love live weiß schwarz cards
    kokoro connect vol.1
    Of the red, the light, and Ayakashi vol.2
    Behind the Scenes Vol.1
    Yukarism Vol.2
    Dengeki Daisy Vol.1
    Kitto kiss wo suru toki Vol.3
    Kagerou Daze light novel Vol.1
Lord_Inaire
Purchased this lil beauty yesterday, can't wait till she arrives:

I also bought a few fanarts of Madoka, Ghost in the Shell and 5cm per second at the RaiCon saturday.
deletemyaccount
meme'd and kek'd
Lord_Inaire

Philantropist wrote:

is this too lewd (I have blocked lewd parts just in case, pls no ban)?
Is that Utaha Kasumigaoka from Saekano ? IIRC her figure isn't THAT lewd. Just puting the uncensored picture in a nsfw spoiler should do the trick.

Also, I just ordered a Monogatari Series bundle from Dybex (France). Content:
- Bakemonogatari (12 episodes) DVD
- Bakemonogatari (12 episodes) BD
- Bakemonogatari (3 OVAs) DVD
- Bakemonogatari (3 OVAs) BD
- Nisemonogatari (11 episodes) DVD
- Nisemonogatari (11 episodes) BD
- Collector A4 box for the two "sub-boxes" (bake and nise)
- Art book and making of for Bake
- Art book and making of for Nise
- 92 coloured pages A4 booklet for Bake
- 88 coloured pages A4 booklet for Nise

That's the first time I buy french media content when it comes to anime, I usually buy these things in the US or in the UK. But this bundle was suprisingly cheap (92€/£71/$103) and many people seemed to be enjoying the quality of the subs and the bonuses.
blissfulyoshi
I got my small accessory set for the Muv-luv Kickstarter yesterday:

On of the interesting things to note is that a larger version of Schwarzesmarken TSF badge is now available for preorder in JP markets http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... 6&page=top . I am not sure where on the badge amiami is using to measure, but for mine, the 2 wings on top of the badge are about 70mm apart and distance from top to bottom is about 76mm.
Faust
This baby.

neonat

Faust wrote:

This baby.

Offloading anything to me? :d
Faust
Well what do you need ?
neonat

Faust wrote:

Well what do you need ?
something to add to the pile of things I'm hoarding I guess