forum

How to get better at stair/wave patterns (7K)?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flanster
Seriously whenever I come across wave patterns it just kills my good run completely. My fingers just cant coordinate making a wave back and forth successfuly. Any tips on how I can improve this? I've been playing 7K for a while now but I still can't manage to do these, its like my only problem atm..
Xcrypt
What helps me when I have problem with a specific pattern is practicing the movements out of game at your own pace (preferably with your keyboard, though), then looking up some maps which have slow version of that pattern. Depending on the pattern, this could take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
Drace
I've had many new-ish players ask me the same thing and what seems to work out best is to practice the motion outside of the game at times when your hands are idle. Go forward, go backwards, switch hands, focus on tapping every finger at equal timings. Though with enough practice it'l come with what ever methods you chose to practice your stuff ^^l
Tear
I had trouble with that at first too, I guess it just came with practice. Slow maps with stairs help, like Flip Flap or uni. Try to focus on accuracy too, hitting them at just the right speed.