forum

No 6k love?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
McBob49
It seems to me that the vast majority of beatmaps made specifically for osu!mania seem to force either 7k or 4k.

Why no 6k love? I hate the spacebar, but 4 rows just gets boring.
lolpoi_old
Im sort of new here but i think most map makers make maps for 7k or 4k because that is what a majority of players play.
Envisionise
It's because most of the o!m mappers are stepmania players, O2Jam players or bms IIDX players. Which are 4k and 7k maps.. and since they map these, there are more 4k and 7k players to play these. There are 6k specific maps but not many.
Drace
At least 6k gets more love than symmetrical 8K q.q

Best thing to do in this case is take the initiative to promote the k-mode a by mapping a bit ^^
Hanyuu
Symmetrical 8k never found its place in rhythm gaming community ehehe. It was just djmax trilogy and ez2on. Pretty funny keyboard mode, time to move on allready i guess?
Metalsnake27
Hmm... tempted to make more 6K rooms.

7K is awkward for me since I suck at using spacebar.

8K my keyboard can't register plus too many keys lol.

I can only play 4K-6K so that's all I do.
Bobbias
I'm beginning to think that any time someone asks "why no xK maps?" the standard response should be "Go make some if you want them."

Complaining about a lack of maps isn't going to do much good. There's a chance someone sees this and makes a map or 2, but even then it's not going to change much.

Why not try mapping for 6k? I'm sure whoever starts seriously mapping 6k will get a lot of attention for it from the people who want to play 6k.
Tear
I'll just put this over here <3
DesKurisu
I tried mapping 6k before. This is the map xP
Just hoping I did well on this one xP
But well, I started to like mapping 6k after mapping it xP
Kamikaze
Welp, you can say that I tried as well #1 #2
And I plan to make more of them, even if they won't be "omfg this gives so much pp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" maps
TacticalBacon
I just feel like 6K and 8K a bit awkward, to be honest. 4K, 5K, and 7K is best.

Metalsnake27 wrote:

Hmm... tempted to make more 6K rooms.

7K is awkward for me since I suck at using spacebar.

8K my keyboard can't register plus too many keys lol.

I can only play 4K-6K so that's all I do.
I ditched the space bar completely and rebind it to asdf jkl. Much better for those staircase notes. You should try it out
lemonguy
well if you want hard 6k https://osu.ppy.sh/s/284101
abraker
Please, 6k?... pfft. Why no 10k love?
-Maus-

abraker wrote:

Please, 6k?... pfft. Why no 10k love?
Why no love at all
Kamikaze