forum

Is it Osu! bad for eyesight?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lyoko Lash
I play with the lights off and im still fine for now :b
Revion
Somehow yes, why? My eyes hurt sometimes when play some hard difficult, it feels like my eyes burned. ;_;
kouzuki_karen
IMO it's not a very good idea to play with the lights off.

Playing any game will be more or less taxing on your eyes, as long as it has a lot of visual activity (like osu!).

Personally, I take breaks and look away from the screen every now and then for a bit
Kanye West
It's just as bad as any other game.

Some tips to reduce eyestrain: use flux like d33d said, play in a well-lit room, take frequent breaks, and BLINK GODDAMNIT.
Oinari-sama
And don't forget to blink orz
chanhien
The more you focus,the more your eyes are tired.Notice how #1 player left the game,...
Topic Starter
Xidea

reverseps wrote:

Somehow yes, why? My eyes hurt sometimes when play some hard difficult, it feels like my eyes burned. ;_;
I feel the same ! Mostly when I go sleep I feel it the most after playing long hours osu.
QuadPiece
Yeah, osu! contains lots of moving objects, colors and sometimes flashes.

It got a little better for me however after I got me a pair of Gunnar glasses.
(Don't let them fool you, you won't become a pro due to glasses. But they DO help with moisture imo)

Though they're pretty expensive, so it's a gamble.
MPGHThunder

chanhien wrote:

The more you focus,the more your eyes are tired.Notice how #1 player left the game,...
What? He still plays.
Topic Starter
Xidea

MPGHThunder wrote:

chanhien wrote:

What? He still plays.

Cookiezi had eye problems
QuadPiece

Xidea wrote:

That's a rumor.
kouzuki_karen
Yes, of course osu! will be bad for your eyesight if you plan on playing for hours on end and pausing only to eat and sleep.

Sorry, but that's how it works.
Ceph23
I'm pretty sure anything that leaves you infront of a screen for more than an hour will have an effect on your eyes.
I mean come on, It's all just common sense.
Asagi
My eyesight is already bad, so i dunno if its getting worst or not lol
and i dont use glasses while playing

oh and...

Oinari-sama wrote:

And don't forget to blink orz
Reborn
Since i play with black background (100% background-dimmer) and a non-flashy skin it's much better for my eyes and i play better aswell :)
Maybe thats just me, but u should definitely try it.
Naikaze
Weird, I play osu! for a good amount of time everyday and my sight is still normal.
TacticalBacon
if you don't take breaks and get too immersed into the game to the point of not even blinking,

yes, it is bad for eyesight.
FrzR

Princess wrote:

Remember to blink

This can be hard if you play high AR maps
I really struggle on blinking when practicing AR10.

*blinks, misses circle.
Raiken-
3 words.

depens. on. your. eyes.

well it's 4.
Topic Starter
Xidea

R3b0rn wrote:

Since i play with black background (100% background-dimmer) and a non-flashy skin it's much better for my eyes and i play better aswell :)
Maybe thats just me, but u should definitely try it.
how can I remove that flashy thing. Somewhere in skin.ini?
Reborn

Xidea wrote:

how can I remove that flashy thing. Somewhere in skin.ini?
No Idea, i just use a different skin as a whole, which isn't flashy.
this one from WubWoofWolf

But there are many good skins out there...
Klaun_old
Yah, try using WWW's skin. but still, I think it can affect on your eyesight.
Rio-
It doesn't affect my eyesight that much (if It's that bad, I won't play this game until now)... but it affects my finger's joint (that's why We need to take a break often)
*Just don't play osu! or any other games for hours... Yeah, It's bad for Your Eye
Nukedboom
Not sure about eyesight, but Osu! is definitely bad for my hands, mouse, keyboard, patience and other video games.
Birdy
osu!bad - when regular bad is not enough
Kayla

QuadPiece wrote:

Xidea wrote:

That's a rumor.
He has Xerophthalmia and its not because of osu!.

Flux works, and as everyone else said. Remember to blink. I play osu for a stypid amount of time in a row but I've always had bad eyesight. My eyes burn more from watching other people play than playing myself though I find.