forum

Is it Osu! bad for eyesight?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xidea
I feel like my eyes got worse since I play osu. Mostly Hardrock Mod. No joke. Not sure if it's true or illusion, but I guess it's not healthy. :?
MPGHThunder
If you stare a screen in the dark for 8 hours a day, every day, then expect bad eyesight.
Well HR needs focus to the circles that are pretty small and appearing in a really short time, so I assume that it could lead to more harm than even DT.
Try to play HR with HD, cuz a bunch of players (including myself) feel that HD actually makes HR easier to read.
You may wanna make your hitcircles in your skin partially or fully transparent, so you can read the stacks without approach circles;
and make your followpoint easy to be noticed, it helps to locate the next note, but you don't wanna make it too large.
MimiliaaMyMommy
I sometimes feel a bit dizzy.
RatedNC17
Strange i got the opposite effect :?
AmberLynx
Yes. More glasses more love
[skittlepop]
My eyesight was already bad when I started playing. I don't have anything to lose.
[ Stellar ]
Very.
Because of osu, I now have to wear prescription glasses.
Taadashi
Well.. isn't staring at your computer screen for a long time generally bad for your eyes? Eventhough Osu! of course makes you strain your eyes more because of the required concentration and such.
D33d
Focusing so intensely on patterns and flashy stuff could be bad for your eyes, especially if you're photosensitive at all. You can try using f.lux, which warms the desktop's colour temperature at night, which reduces eye strain when it's dark.

http://justgetflux.com/
Trash Boat
anyway, osu! also warns you to take breaks, your hands are not just for osu!, also for RL
Zerostarry
Remember to blink

This can be hard if you play high AR maps
Shohei Ohtani
Your eyes are gonna go bad anyways if you spend a lot of the time on the internet, osu! or not. The stigma that people who spend a lot of time on the internet wear glasses isn't just a fashion thing.
RatedNC17

CDFA wrote:

Your eyes are gonna go bad anyways if you spend a lot of the time on the internet, osu! or not. The stigma that people who spend a lot of time on the internet wear glasses isn't just a fashion thing.
^this
mekadon_old

salted_nuts wrote:

Yes. More glasses more love
<3
Playing HR is fine, but IMO you should actually play full screen so that you don't strain your eye even more. But then, as CDFA said, if you spend time on the screen for a long time, you'll end up making your eyesight worse one way or another.

Though in my experience, my eyesight got worse since I started using a computer, and after a few years my eyesight becomes pretty much the same. Just make sure you take a break every few hours, the world outside is beautiful too look at!
Lyoko Lash
I play with the lights off and im still fine for now :b
Revion
Somehow yes, why? My eyes hurt sometimes when play some hard difficult, it feels like my eyes burned. ;_;
kouzuki_karen
IMO it's not a very good idea to play with the lights off.

Playing any game will be more or less taxing on your eyes, as long as it has a lot of visual activity (like osu!).

Personally, I take breaks and look away from the screen every now and then for a bit
Kanye West
It's just as bad as any other game.

Some tips to reduce eyestrain: use flux like d33d said, play in a well-lit room, take frequent breaks, and BLINK GODDAMNIT.
Oinari-sama
And don't forget to blink orz
chanhien
The more you focus,the more your eyes are tired.Notice how #1 player left the game,...
Topic Starter
Xidea

reverseps wrote:

Somehow yes, why? My eyes hurt sometimes when play some hard difficult, it feels like my eyes burned. ;_;
I feel the same ! Mostly when I go sleep I feel it the most after playing long hours osu.
QuadPiece
Yeah, osu! contains lots of moving objects, colors and sometimes flashes.

It got a little better for me however after I got me a pair of Gunnar glasses.
(Don't let them fool you, you won't become a pro due to glasses. But they DO help with moisture imo)

Though they're pretty expensive, so it's a gamble.
MPGHThunder

chanhien wrote:

The more you focus,the more your eyes are tired.Notice how #1 player left the game,...
What? He still plays.
Topic Starter
Xidea

MPGHThunder wrote:

chanhien wrote:

What? He still plays.

Cookiezi had eye problems
QuadPiece

Xidea wrote:

Cookiezi had eye problems
That's a rumor.
show more