forum

gamecubes are indestructible

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kylecito
meyou22
Now, ladies and gents, this is why you buy gamecubes.

To prove they can last.

GO NINTENDO. =3
Starrodkirby86
Oh yeah, I remember watching this video about one-two years ago. Yep, Nintendo loves making durable hardware. That's a good thing.
Topic Starter
Kylecito
my 4yr-old GBA still works just fine :)
meyou22
Three-Year-Old DS, and Just 5 months earlier then that Gamecube...all work amazingly. And they've all fallen all over the place. So, Nintendo = Durability.
Extor
The wiimotes in my home faced walls, beds, furniture and even people. But they all work fine without any scratches. XD
GEN_old
Nice video, although the "acting".... :P

It did kinda die. When she turned it on the final time it went straight to the menu as it does when you turn it on with the lid open indicating the lid sensor was busted.

It would've been interesting to see what the XBOX did if she'd bothered to turn it on, but I'm guessing that drop didn't do the HDD any good.
Behon
Funny thing. My Gamecube broke, had to be replaced, broke again, and fell 3 feet from a stand and now has a broken 4th controller port. My friends' Gamecube hasn't had accidents, but won't load games at all.

What makes this stranger is that my PS2 and Xbox have never had problems aside from scratched disks. My Wii works fine but takes a while to load the Channels sometimes, and my original 360 was the victim of the Red Ring of Death a while back.
Topic Starter
Kylecito
jesus you have really bad luck then
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Seeing this makes me laugh, as my 21 year old Sega Master System still works like new. XD;
Loginer
Because of my mom's hate against video games, the GameCube was my first console(Unless you count portables, in which case it was the Game Boy). Ahh, memories. :roll:
Rod_old
My GameCube is slowly dying... sometimes it needs to "heat up" before reading the discs, game errors are not that rare and loadings are way more longer than they used to. :x
But honestly, I can't really complain. It was me and my brother's fault for playing like 15, 16 hours straight when we rented the games, after all... :oops:

My DS is following the GC's steps, it barely gets any rest. :3
Poor little thing
Koopser
If I didn't played my Gamecube for too long, he would be like, not reading the discs and stuff. It would work perfect after a while, but it was kinda strange.
Manabeast
My gamecube died right about the time I bought a Wii. Coincidence? Or jealous younger brother? ::Eyes the Wii suspiciously::

Also, I'm on my third 360. First one had a hardrive failure from the box, second had three rings of death about 5 days in.

PS2 works fine, but my D-pad is messed up from so much Guilty Gear and Melty Blood (Mech-HISUI forever!).

And I think the graphics card in my PC is dying, or may already be dead. Polygons stretch to infinity in some games. or every-other pixel flashes at 30 frames per second in a display that can only be called "Seizurelicious".
Topic Starter
Kylecito
my gamecube works just fine!

i mean my wii. well, the same thing. i don't really know if it actually plays wii games. been too busy playing paper mario and smash bros to figure it out
Darushi_old
My original Game Boy still works to this day.
[deleted user]
...That's good to know.
awp
NES is the only thing of mine (one from each gen) that has issues turning on through a per-cart basis. Gameboy's fine, GBA still works, DS has suffered numerous tumbles onto concrete but it's fine. My first Wii was packaged with a bad disc drive...but to be honest, the Wii doesn't look nearly as durable as previous systems.

Read in a nintendo magazine some time ago that some guy's house burned down, and they found that his SNES and a few of the games still worked.

People in California should have houses made of SNES consoles to avoid those nasty fires.
Beginner_old

awp wrote:

NES is the only thing of mine (one from each gen) that has issues turning on through a per-cart basis. Gameboy's fine, GBA still works, DS has suffered numerous tumbles onto concrete but it's fine. My first Wii was packaged with a bad disc drive...but to be honest, the Wii doesn't look nearly as durable as previous systems.

Read in a nintendo magazine some time ago that some guy's house burned down, and they found that his SNES and a few of the games still worked.

People in California should have houses made of SNES consoles to avoid those nasty fires.
:lol: lolled XD my snes still works fine and my original gameboy works fine my ps1 works fine i think all my consoles work fine :P
[deleted user]
Hey, my SNES still works as well, although I can't say the same about the games XD I actually pre-ordered my gamecube so I got the very 'first' edition and my GCN's still in working condition after playing over 1000 hours of smash bros on it. It does need some time to warm up and it can't really play RE4 anymore (disc errors everytime it loads). I think it's just luck whether or not you get a good console or whether it breaks down in the first week.
Darius Ukugagi
I so remember this vid, watching it with my friend and brother, we laughed at it, especially how the Xbox didn't slide as far as the Gamecube with the sledgehammer of death. c:

Though...I do feel she went a little easy on the Gamecube anyway. Oh well, it flipped cool on the demon drop, so that gives it brownie points! X)
shinn_old
I accidentally tripped over the wires of my PS2, it fell of a 3 ft tall box and the disc got scratched... now I can't play my favorite GT4 :(
MegaTailzChao
I think all Nintendo systems are unnaturally strong.

All of my handheld systems (GBC, GBA, DS) have had quite a few falls way back when, and every one of them STILL works fine to this day.

And I've accidentally kicked my Wii numerous times and the only problem it has is the lid for the GCN stuff has gotten a little lose, which I think happens anyways. :V