forum

Force Proportions On or Off?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Espionage724
From what I hear, most people have this setting ticked, but is there any downside to it?

After enabling it on two tablets I have, input seems... strange. It could be that i'm just not used to it, but it almost feels like the cursor is less-responsive or lagging behind very slightly.
Almost
I don't have it on because I can move my pen side to side easier than I can move it up and down and I prefer to have minimum error in my movement. I see no reason why having it unticked would affect your aim anyway.
[ Katsu ]
I have it ticked, I've never noticed any lack of responsiveness or anything like that.
deletemyaccount
It's a preference thing; If your monitor is widescreen, having it on may help you adjust faster(I used it since i got my tablet and it feels wierd to have it off now)
Wishy
On.

Why would you use more sensitivity on one axis compared to the other? I mean why would you want your cursor to move faster to the sides than up and down?
TakuMii
It should be on. I don't see why you should use a vertical sensitivity that is lower (or higher) than your horizontal sensitivity.
JAKACHAN
I play with it off and have no problem. Cookiezi and rrtyui both played with it off and had no problem. It depends on the screen size you use an the area you are using. In general it's good to have it on but there are exceptions.
koromo

JAKACHAN wrote:

It depends on the screen size you use an the area you are using. In general it's good to have it on but there are exceptions.
That's not quite it, it's more of a "what you're used to" thing. I think that if you're just starting tablet playing and have no idea if you should have it on or off, you should probably enable it, since all it does is making your active tablet area adopt the same aspect ratio of your screen (this is a good thing).
Wishy

JAKACHAN wrote:

I play with it off and have no problem. Cookiezi and rrtyui both played with it off and had no problem. It depends on the screen size you use an the area you are using. In general it's good to have it on but there are exceptions.

Excepctions = cases where activating it does nothing.