forum

Runescape

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tampons
I used to play it, I was in love with skilling. I had about 11 99's at like level 70ish.

I met one of my best friends ever on the game, but when they starting talking about EoC I had to quit, because I hated everything about it.
MMzz
Eoc made the game more fun for me. I was pretty much done with combat when eoc came out so, it was fun to have access to all the high level stuff immediately. EoC's action bar also made skilling so much better.

Btw more woodcutting progress.

YTYuyu
grips--oh damn whenever i go there i end up getting the keys x_x

MM you might as well grind to 104m xp, or even better, 200m if you can :P
MMzz
At this point i'm very motivated to get 104m xp. (hopefully by summer) 200m will happen if I am still interested after 104m.
AmaiHachimitsu
weeeeeeeee

Got 89 slayer minutes before that, one to go!
-Visceral-
So I'm starting to get back into EoC and ive ~80 in all cb stats, and I remember there being a werewolf looking thing that empowered my regular attacks and made it easier to afk, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Is it still in the game? If so, how do I access it? If not, is there anything similar to it or do I need to spam ability things to train now?
YTYuyu

Smoothie World wrote:

So I'm starting to get back into EoC and ive ~80 in all cb stats, and I remember there being a werewolf looking thing that empowered my regular attacks and made it easier to afk, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Is it still in the game? If so, how do I access it? If not, is there anything similar to it or do I need to spam ability things to train now?
do you remember the location of that "warewolf looking thing"? if you're talking about the Hati Wolf, i don't think it's there as of now. if it is there, then it's around Rellekka.

regarding the abilities, you don't have to unless you want to :P. you can have it done automatically without having to spam on them.
MMzz

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

weeeeeeeee

Nice.

I saw a global message the other day saying you got a Subjugation Robe top lol.
AmaiHachimitsu

MMzz wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

weeeeeeeee

Nice.

I saw a global message the other day saying you got a Subjugation Robe top lol.
Well I am visiting Kril for slayer/reaper tasks so yeah, I'm getting things from time to time. Not long after 99 def I got Gown of Subjugation.

Smoothie World wrote:

In EoC you don't train by doing damage (like 4xp per 1 hp dmg), but killing monsters. Each monster has a fixed amount of xp that is awarded after a kill.

So yeah, the best training is on the best monster you can comfortably kill. Learn the abilities and make your own ability bar. You can find me in-game so I might answer more of your questions.
MMzz
Based Vic

Also saw this memer today.

AmaiHachimitsu
1500 credits wooooot T.T

I had like 270 : D

Changed them into huge stars for summoning.

Yak - the dream

@edit Does anyone have pieces of tiger shark/emerald golem outfits? I'm interesting in buying/trading.
AmaiHachimitsu
So, yeah, an update :D

Another 99

and a few kills later

90 slayer was my aim for a long time, it is probably the most useful milestone. New PoP adventurer, several new slayer monsters. Hell yeah

Also leveled up my summoning to level 89, at least I can use unicorn and train with blue charms.
MMzz
Damn you are going hard.

EDIT: Almost there boys, used up my bonus from Vic. (and I'm back to my black max cape.)

EDIT #2: HALFWAY THERE. (kinda)
AmaiHachimitsu
54m left, jeez

I sold most of my stuff in order to buy ascension crossbow which I intend to use with off-hand death lotus darts. So, yeah, my pouch isn't in the best shape.

I LIKE TO LIVE DANGEROUSLY
MMzz
Not a bad investment because ascensions are really cheap right now.
Tampons
On a scale from 1 - 10

How easy is the new Runescape, and is it still enjoyable?
Karuta-_old_1

Redorae wrote:

On a scale from 1 - 10

Go and try it out yourself, I quit cause I don't think they care about the players and stuff
AmaiHachimitsu

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

Redorae wrote:

On a scale from 1 - 10

Go and try it out yourself, I quit cause I don't think they care about the players and stuff
Actually this game is among the most player-directed. I am pretty sure you quit because you didn't want big changes like EoC, you had no motivation to learn new basics or something. Before (and shortly after) EoC, it was meleescape. You could kill a mage with a scimitar in few hits. EoC was the easiest way to rebalance the combat and prepare the game for the upcoming updates, often centered on bosses. Bots were soon dealt with (now they're coming back, I can only hope for Bot Nuke #2).

Combat now is a little bit easier, but it all depends on the monster and your stats. players with 85+ stats shouldn't have problems defeating most of the bosses, but you won't stand a chance against, let's say, graardor with 60ish stats, the same as before EoC.

Skills are more or less the same, exception being the city of Priffdinas, which is a high-level city offering many benefits and skill alternatives.

Yeah, benefits, perks, advantages. I don't like that the game is becoming easier. Do you know who causes it? The players, of course. Many players wish for this one benefit, that one benefit step by step without realizing how easy the game has become compared to 2-3 years ago. And Jagex listens do them, because they have to maintain the crowd in order to keep earning money. RS3 is partially a dead game.
Another thing (this time Jagex's doing) are microtransactions, which begin to be slowly annoying due to significance of the benefits received. In most hardcore scenarios, one could buy half of a non-buyable skill (it would require a lot of rl money tho).

However, the game still has many things to offer like quests with somehow interesting lore, new bosses, events that change the whole game (e.g. the God Bandos has been slain) and this content is usually aimed at high-level players. So if you're a mid-lvl player, I think you could enjoy a lot of this game.

Final score, 7/10 (8/10) with RL money
YTYuyu

MMzz wrote:

did they decrease in price because last time i checked it was around 130m :/
MMzz
Jagex started making the game easier, but now the player has an equal hand. I suggest you look at runelabs every now and then and see what A LOT of people actually want added to RS3. Almost all of it is quality of life, convenience, or high level afk training. Also Jagex is killing the grind in this game with a new Treasure Hunter promotion every week. (These new dwarven tools are too OP. Same for the pulse cores from last week.)

The game is in a different direction though. It isn't about maxing anymore. The 120/200m grind is a real thing now for every player. So, everyone wanted the game "easier" but everyone is still aiming higher and higher with their goals. I don't see anything bad about that. Most of the 120's will take you several months. Then 200m is basically double that. As far as 99's go. Almost all of them can be done within a month. (1 skill per month, not all in one month) Nolifijng you can probably get 2 or 3 a month depending on the skills and efficiency.
Tampons

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

Actually this game is among the most player-directed. I am pretty sure you quit because you didn't want big changes like EoC, you had no motivation to learn new basics or something. Before (and shortly after) EoC, it was meleescape. You could kill a mage with a scimitar in few hits. EoC was the easiest way to rebalance the combat and prepare the game for the upcoming updates, often centered on bosses. Bots were soon dealt with (now they're coming back, I can only hope for Bot Nuke #2).

Combat now is a little bit easier, but it all depends on the monster and your stats. players with 85+ stats shouldn't have problems defeating most of the bosses, but you won't stand a chance against, let's say, graardor with 60ish stats, the same as before EoC.

Skills are more or less the same, exception being the city of Priffdinas, which is a high-level city offering many benefits and skill alternatives.

Yeah, benefits, perks, advantages. I don't like that the game is becoming easier. Do you know who causes it? The players, of course. Many players wish for this one benefit, that one benefit step by step without realizing how easy the game has become compared to 2-3 years ago. And Jagex listens do them, because they have to maintain the crowd in order to keep earning money. RS3 is partially a dead game.
Another thing (this time Jagex's doing) are microtransactions, which begin to be slowly annoying due to significance of the benefits received. In most hardcore scenarios, one could buy half of a non-buyable skill (it would require a lot of rl money tho).

However, the game still has many things to offer like quests with somehow interesting lore, new bosses, events that change the whole game (e.g. the God Bandos has been slain) and this content is usually aimed at high-level players. So if you're a mid-lvl player, I think you could enjoy a lot of this game.

Final score, 7/10 (8/10) with RL money
The real reason I quit was because I was more of a skiller, I thought that the EoC would have ruined skilling in general. I was about 50 ish-combat with like 9 99's, I also didn't like how the game slowly became pay to win with all the micro transactions. Squeal of Fortune ruined it for me mostly. Another reason I quit was because the community was completely rubbish.

But thank you for explaining to me~ If I do go back, maybe it will be to the 2007 version. > u <
AmaiHachimitsu
I think that even better option would be making an ironman account. It disables like 90% of typical perks you would get by having a normal account:
- you can't use GE, trade
- you can't play treasure hunter (old squeal of fortune)
- many more limitations making the game harder

So you have to create/acquire your weapons and armour by yourself, making this game feel like from the times of old

Byakugan249 wrote:

MMzz wrote:

did they decrease in price because last time i checked it was around 130m :/
They fell to as low as 85-87m, I bought it for 89, now sky-rocketing back to 95+

@edit: As to the community, it is been addressed recently on reddit and the conclusion is that huge percentage of toxic players moved to OSRS or quit permanently, RS3 is kind of friendly place now. I haven't met any toxic player since I started playing again (February)

P.S. Update: with asc and some decent gear I managed to kill 4 araxxi in one day without many problems (I died once to the acidic spider due to overconfidence, but sign of death worked :)) The fifth kill would be really difficult because of the rage level.

@edit 2: :shock: :shock: :shock:
AmaiHachimitsu
Bump :)
MMzz
Wooo. GJ.

Also gimme those mining brawlers. ;D
MMzz
*Bumps*

I have really been slacking this week, but I hit my 20m month goal!

Also got 500m total xp the other day.
AmaiHachimitsu
Nice slacking you doing there :^) Gratz!

I got some money so I could buy drygores, so I have two T90 weps now! And when I attempted to test them on Zilyana, I got sara hilt and murmur in 26 kills.
What's more important, I started to hang out with my clanmates on bossess, so I can learn again how to own Kalphite King and Nex :) Actually yesterday we were unlucky enough so I remained alone against KK and had to finish him (20k hp), fortunately he switched to magic phase so I survived : P
MMzz
Getting closer. Aiming to be done in July.

PatZar

any suggestion?
tried to check firewall restart wifi and still not works
AmaiHachimitsu
Hmm, I always had this problem when my connection was failing. As far as I know, RS servers had some timeout recently so maybe that was the case. I suppose it's okay now?
MMzz
I'm bored.

YTYuyu
o.O did you make a new acc just to train div? ><;
AmaiHachimitsu
Ironman I suppose?
MMzz
Nah, just another account to play on while I afk woodcutting lol.
OzzyOzrock
hey join my clan xXWE_BURN_CHICKENXx
AmaiHachimitsu
FML

http://ask.fm/AmaiHachimitsu/answer/128452825247

The coincidence is real. Apart from the story above, the main reason I took ACB was because I didn't have RCB at that time (which I coincidentally lost due to client lags..... which are pretty common now) and COINCIDENTALLY ran out of mainhand death lotus darts at the time around the event. Just how unlucky it can be....

I already receive some support from my friends, some also invited me to KK as a voker (well, I couldn't do as much dps without asc) and.......... we got drygore longsword just moment ago. Just WTF

Well, that's a good start to make the money back :D
PatZar

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Hmm, I always had this problem when my connection was failing. As far as I know, RS servers had some timeout recently so maybe that was the case. I suppose it's okay now?
the problem still resist :(
AmaiHachimitsu

PatZar wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

the problem still resist :(
Download new client? D: Try browser maybe? (Chrome does not work anymore)
PatZar
tried re-download client and doesnt work
im using firefox
MMzz
Slow month. :(

AmaiHachimitsu
Indeed it is, I'm the same :<

But, well it's something:

show more