forum

Runescape

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lyoko Lash
Hello people, a few days ago I met a player that plays osu too, which is rare in runescape.. So I started wondering if anyone here plays runescape?
If so, whats your combat lvl? and how long have you been playing? :P
Feel free to add me ingame if ya want :oops:
MimiliaaMyMommy
I've played runescape before but I quit when the 'EoC' came out, I still play RSPS (RuneScape Private Servers) though.
Sethlied
No one unironically plays Runescape anymore.
[ Stellar ]

Sethlied wrote:

No one unironically plays Runescape anymore.
I played on and off.
FINALLY quitted when RS3 came out.
But I still have my account, so can come back any time (most likely never).
Topic Starter
Lyoko Lash
Well.. it seems that you all hate eoc xD and I dont blame you because I used to hate eoc too.
but once you get used to the new abilities its pretty fun :P
even more if you pvm xD
Ryukaii
Yea, you get into EOC, but i played a few months of RS3 because of the Skilling. Dident do much combat.
VoidnOwO
Played roughly 3000 hours over the 8-9 years, quit after trying eoc for a month or so.

eoc is shit, monsters/bosses are way too easy to kill and there's no point in PvP since magic is by far the strongest skill and 1-iteming actually does damage now. Minigames have been dead for a year. The lack of specs just means every item is basically the same, only a bit stronger or weaker than the other, stuff like seercull/zanik/excalibur lost all meaning. Skilling has been afk-friendly (you can't even talk to anyone during since they're all afk) and shit like runespan/armored zombies/vines/lrc made every 99 stat meaningless, they take no time at all to get.

rip
Ryukaii

BRBP wrote:

eoc is shit, monsters/bosses are way too easy to kill
Completely Agree, Remember how Cow's use to be strong? Now you can one shot them.
VoidnOwO

Ryukai1 wrote:

BRBP wrote:

eoc is shit, monsters/bosses are way too easy to kill
Completely Agree, Remember how Cow's use to be strong? Now you can one shot them.
More like, you can infinitely solo GWD with 80 defence and 20m gear.
Slayer tasks last 10 minutes.
KQ is a joke.
Irreversible

BRBP wrote:

rip
</3 EoC
Topic Starter
Lyoko Lash

BRBP wrote:

More like, you can infinitely solo GWD with 80 defence and 20m gear.
Slayer tasks last 10 minutes.
KQ is a joke.

- GWD bosses is for low lvls now (except nex), try gwd hardmode.. much harder, better drop rate, etc.
- hm.. not really, depends on your slay lvl
- kalphite queen is easy with or without eoc (unless you're talking about 5-7 years ago), try exiled kq or maybe the "mighty kalphite king"?

about minigames.. no comments.
and PVP died in eoc, people moved to Rs oldschool :roll:
Kingkevin30
i stopped osu i think 3-4 ago, im think im like lvl72 or something, but i think RS3 is really stupid, to much social stuff and useless menu screens
pola[r]is
I used to adore Runescape. I remember the times when I would hit for 13 with a rune 2h sword and I would be liek
"F**K YEAH!"

But yeah, my account name is stormracer33 and I quit a long time ago.
(Also I hated that I had to grind my attack some more, WHY RAISE IT TO 50 TO WIELD RUNE WEAPONS?!?!?! FFS)
Sapphiire_old_1
after a break of 2 years ,2 days ago i came back to rs and i actually like 3rs even when the only thing i did so far is lvling that new skill divination :)
Neroh
Anyone still play? I just started up again on RS3 :D
Tiisa
I've actually been playing quite a lot of Runescape lately with my boyfriend.
Renevant
i've been considering playing it again. i'd have to learn all the eoc stuff and that's gonna be a pain. afaik money is worth a lot more now
MMzz
Rs3 is OP. I like that it is more casual but at the same time it makes the progress feel stale because its so fast.

Oldschool is for men.

Btw my username is MMzz.
Renevant
how are the keybindings?
is it like tera/WoW now?
f1,f2,f3,etc

or is click to cast...?
MMzz
1 through = (US layout)
Or you can click to cast.

There is also a mode where it runs through your ability cycle for you so its pretty much like the old combat, almost everyone uses this unless you are bossing.
YTYuyu
i play RS3 daily, but i'm only on for a few hours, and my online status is off.

my username is Yuyuko if anyone is wondering--no really it's Yuyuko...

xxdeathx
I played up until the end of 2011, when I finally got bored and went on to League of Legends. In RuneScape I was one of the best PKers in members' worlds and usually fought people with skulled dharok's sets: http://puu.sh/fLh7T/f1db4a189e.avi

Man I've dropped too much time on this game...
YTYuyu
aww should've kept going with the fairy tale quests, also wtf 40m D:. my best is like around 30m and i never got high beyond that point.
MMzz
goml
YTYuyu
omg all you need is 120 dung and you're done unless you plan to go for the master capes o.o
AmaiHachimitsu
wow

I have bought the membership for the whole summer break but didn't play as much. Wasted :<

Most skills in 70-80s, two 99, can't PK for shit. Actually PvM shit too : D But I couldn't learn much because of crappy PC. Now I have a decent one but I couldn't get used to bigger screen.

Now I can't really afford membership (usually I bought it via in-game money) so I guess a longer break now.
Renevant

MMzz wrote:

goml
That is some serious dedication. ;w; Did you get 99 RC after the release of the RC game thing, or beforehand where you had to run to each talisman place?

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

wow

I have bought the membership for the whole summer break but didn't play as much. Wasted :<

Most skills in 70-80s, two 99, can't PK for shit. Actually PvM shit too : D But I couldn't learn much because of crappy PC. Now I have a decent one but I couldn't get used to bigger screen.

Now I can't really afford membership (usually I bought it via in-game money) so I guess a longer break now.
Nice, i could never really PK either. Such risk
how much in game money do you have to pay for a month of membership?
YTYuyu
around 14-15m in bonds, so basically 2. correct me if i'm wrong on this.
AmaiHachimitsu
Yeah, but if someone has some $ on his phone he can sell it cheaply. Before bonds I was buying memb for 7-10m

I think I could buy memb now for gold, but I don't like "not having some money in my pocket"

EDIT

"Welcome Back Amasugiru, You last logged in 162 days"
xxdeathx

MMzz wrote:

goml
omg

are you this good at every game you play
AmaiHachimitsu
got 18m in the pouch only :< Divination is 52

MMzz

Renevant wrote:

MMzz wrote:

goml
That is some serious dedication. ;w; Did you get 99 RC after the release of the RC game thing, or beforehand where you had to run to each talisman place?
Right now I have 20m rc xp.

6m xp done at ZMI alter
13m xp done with double nats and some blood runes.
1m done at runespan.

Any further xp will more than likely happen at runespan because running actual runes isn't worth it anymore.
Thomasz
coupe of weeks after OSRS had started

fangirling like there's no tomorrow
YTYuyu
oh my blood runes--is Legacy of Seergaze easy for you to do mm? o.O

i have yet to try runespan :(. i've been too focused on the player owned ports lately and my road to 99 mining. 97 mining atm ;w;
show more