forum

TBT Project [Training Manual For Taiko Beginner v2] - UPDATE 09.02.22

posted
Total Posts
133
show more
Giro
It's very helpfull for training :)
But there aren't any traning with Big Dong and Big Kat. It's not so esay for some peoples. I think just one traning in Basic and in Advance will be good ;)
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Oh, you are right. I will add such maps now since there are some good maps which train your finish-note gameplay!

Edit: I've added three beatmaps which contain a lot of finishers but also other tricky patterns such as 1/6 or streams:
  1. Ellie Goulding - Burn [Oni ★8] (finisher gameplay available)
    https://osu.ppy.sh/b/351271 (Nashmun)
  2. Black Raison d'etre - INSIDE IDENTITY [Ura Oni ★10] (finisher gameplay available)
    https://osu.ppy.sh/b/280103 (aabc271)
  3. LindaAI-CUE - Norudon2000 [Ura Oni ★10] (finisher gameplay available)
    https://osu.ppy.sh/s/335229 (OnosakiHito)


Additional to this, I've added the link to the Custom Taiko Characters Collection, so newbies can check out some of our taiko skins!
Poii
my problem is :o
i've hit the Big Don/Kat with 2 buttons, but i still got 1 point, than i check my replay, i just got 1x point not 2x, sometimes i can hit big don/kat perfectly :(

my timing when hit big don/kat is bad, how to improve my timing ? :?:




sorry for bad english :oops:
hyliades

PoPoii wrote:

my problem is :o
i've hit the Big Don/Kat with 2 buttons, but i still got 1 point, than i check my replay, i just got 1x point not 2x, sometimes i can hit big don/kat perfectly :(

my timing when hit big don/kat is bad, how to improve my timing ? :?:




sorry for bad english :oops:
Mind to post a replay?
Also do mind that you get x2 (ig 600 at the start of a combo) scoring but your combo meter only goes up by one.
Poii

hyliades wrote:

PoPoii wrote:

my problem is :o
i've hit the Big Don/Kat with 2 buttons, but i still got 1 point, than i check my replay, i just got 1x point not 2x, sometimes i can hit big don/kat perfectly :(

my timing when hit big don/kat is bad, how to improve my timing ? :?:




sorry for bad english :oops:
Mind to post a replay?
Also do mind that you get x2 (ig 600 at the start of a combo) scoring but your combo meter only goes up by one.
1st BM
2nd BM

:o my rank is going higher but my skill is not good enough, i passed the Mazukashi diff, few day ago :(
hyliades

PoPoii wrote:

1st BM
2nd BM

:o my rank is going higher but my skill is not good enough, i passed the Mazukashi diff, few day ago :(
Saw them, everything is fine:

doing a big Don/kan with two buttons advances your combo counter by only 1 but you get double the score of a normal don/kan.
[Ayase Eli]

Giro wrote:

Big Dong and Big Kat
This literally made my day.
Wagarasu_old
Doing even one of the advanced levels using alternation can be so hard and frustrating. Any tips?
Noobita

Wagarasu wrote:

Doing even one of the advanced levels using alternation can be so hard and frustrating. Any tips?
Don't give up.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Pretty much what Noobita says, as plain as it sounds! Learning to coordinate your fingers is not easy, so it needs some good amount of time until one is able to alternate. But the time you invest in learning it is absolutely worth. So all I can suggest is to play those advanced levels and maybe search for some maps which contain these kind of patterns.

Thinking about it, I should add way more maps into this project, especially ranked maps.
Endaris
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/72785&m=1
My favorite map for excessive triplet reading practice!
Has every tripletpattern except for dkd (almost no kdk too) and plenty of those right after each other in snailspeed which makes it relatively easy to get used to.
Playing this + the Abekobe version (maybe you could link the map converter by qoot for practice purposes too?) gives a really good grasp at reading triple patterns and is still not very fast when played with DT.
FluFoxy
Thank you so much OnosakiHito! <3 <3 I wanna be pro taiko guy! :3 o3o I wish you be my taiko teacher in real life :3 >u<
FluFoxy

Noobita wrote:

Wagarasu wrote:

Doing even one of the advanced levels using alternation can be so hard and frustrating. Any tips?
Don't give up.
Exactly!
Hipek
It's so hard and im getting so tilted :D thanks for this
Bubzia
Thank you <3
Hacchan
Wow, I'm glad I found this. It's awesome to have these foundations and to build on them~
SugoiReborn
That's a great tutorial for a Taiko beginner like myself. I'll definitely be using that.

...
On a side note, how the hell am I supposed to combine both of my hands while playing? I'm getting better accuracy on Cory in The House (The only song I'm able to play, lmao) using just one of my hands (if you know what I mean), but when I try both: it turns into a disaster.
tkdLolly

SugoiReborn wrote:

That's a great tutorial for a Taiko beginner like myself. I'll definitely be using that.

...
On a side note, how the hell am I supposed to combine both of my hands while playing? I'm getting better accuracy on Cory in The House (The only song I'm able to play, lmao) using just one of my hands (if you know what I mean), but when I try both: it turns into a disaster.
Some general advice for everyone starting off:

It happens. If you really want to strengthen your other hand, try playing completely with your other hand; it'll take a while to get used to or even play anything and your accuracy will drop, but don't be afraid of retrying. When you're more comfortable and can control your other hand properly, try playing with both hands.

What I suspect is the real problem in your case and a major obstacle in everyone's Taiko career, however, is getting used to patterns and playing with both hands.
If it's patterns you're having problems with (e.g. triplets) then it's a good thing to consider what hand you'll be using if you alternate. For instance, for ddk, you'll hit d with your right hand, then d with your left, then k with your right (vice versa if you start with your left hand). Practice. Repeat until you're comfortable with playing the pattern. Play it faster. Play it until it's second nature. This is how you can acquire a pattern so that when you recognise one, you can play it easily.

I myself use one hand a lot and use the other only for streams when it's necessary... (very frowned upon play-style involving extensive single-tapping at 200+ BPM)
That being said it's still important to get used to playing with both hands because while you might be able to sustain with one hand into muzukashiis, Taiko is simply not playable at 'pro' level with only one hand.

Good luck with Taiko! :D
tkdLolly
Awesome guide :D
Very comprehensive as it leads from beginner to advanced, really

OnosakiHito wrote:

DJ TOTTO VS TOTTO - Vajra [Inner Oni ★10]
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/717065 (qoot8123)
'For Taiko Beginner'
this seems like the holy grail for Taiko beginner 8-)
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
I second tkdLolly's previous post.

On another note, maybe I overtook it with Vajra. It was planed to add more maps to get to such level, but I never came to it. Haha
Should probably really add more easier maps which are also ranked to give beginners even more examples.
Yuzeyun

OnosakiHito wrote:

On another note, maybe I overtook it with Vajra.
dude tf i cant even fc it

~~~ IMPORTANT ~~~
Taiko Beginner Pack #1 out. Contains 15 songs.
Star Difficulty range:
0.59 - 1.38
1.24 - 2.18
1.70 - 2.57
2.01 - 2.84 (3.28)
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Added them! Thank you.
Green Toilet
This is a great guide. Occasionally I tried to play Taiko but didn't understand several things like the big don etc.
Now I can play properly and instantly have nice songs at my level because of the beginners pack, thank you.
Revaxion
thx u, this post is really helps me!
TheGuigsVamp
thank you for the maps and techniques great work!! :)
Lefafel
puush links are dead for Extreme training and Extra training. Anyone able to re-host?
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Weird, these push links were never removed. I've just re-uploaded them. Thank you for noting it!



New maps should be uploaded some time too. Hm.
HatsuseIzuna
Advanced training link is dead.

Edit: I mean, this one http://puu.sh/649ck
Rikkroden-NC
Wait, so is it better to map one side to dons and the other to kats (ddkk), or should I just stick with kddk?

Edit: Also, I'm having a lot of trouble with dddkkkdddkkk. My hands keep doing dddkkddkkdd instead...
minapen

SkythekidSB wrote:

Advanced training link is dead.

Edit: I mean, this one http://puu.sh/649ck
Would be great if you could fix this! I can't find them anywhere else.
HatsuseIzuna

komorebi wrote:

SkythekidSB wrote:

Advanced training link is dead.

Edit: I mean, this one http://puu.sh/649ck
Would be great if you could fix this! I can't find them anywhere else.
Yea, I'm still searching for it and I can;t find it anywhere either. Looks like I have to practice the pattern without the map for sure.
ZioBill
When he gonna update the 3 step? Still waiting. If someone have ddk, kkd Pattern Training plz pm me! Thx ;)
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Many people PM'd me. I will upload it soon! Had no access to my osu! folder for quite some time, da don.
ZioBill
Thank you so much! You must be really busy person. Have a good day! ♥
DerpQueen
;v; i'm really having issues learning 4-note patterns like the one in the 8step advance pattern training and some of the extra ones, anybody got tips??? I need help lol
HatsuseIzuna

OnosakiHito wrote:

Many people PM'd me. I will upload it soon! Had no access to my osu! folder for quite some time, da don.
I'm waiting for this ^^
chrisny

SkythekidSB wrote:

OnosakiHito wrote:

Many people PM'd me. I will upload it soon! Had no access to my osu! folder for quite some time, da don.
I'm waiting for this ^^
2 weeks later still dead. :cry:
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Just reuploaded it: https://puu.sh/zrRWp/1020912d06.osz
You can find it on the OP.
Saoji
Thank you very much!
naliem
Thank you for this. I just changed from ddkk to dkdk and this is helping me a lot :D
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply