forum

[Archived] Tablet Delay/Lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aaerok
Whenever I use my tablet for anything I notice that my computer begins to start heating up and the fan starts spinning faster, and I notice the delay I have while playing osu! I've looked at a lot of other people's posts about their delay, and tried everything they did too, such as configuring the pen and touch options and the tablet pc options too. I've heard that wisptis.exe is a problem of lag for many people, but when I delete it, my pen seems to be unresponsive, so I'm not sure if I should delete that or not. All my drivers are updated, so that should be fine. IMO, I think it might be my computer specs that might be the problem. I've tried all the fps limiters too and they all have lag after playing for a bit. I don't lag at all whenever I use mouse for osu!, but when I switch to tablet, my fan starts picking up and I have delay. Anyone have any ideas? My tablet is a DigiPro, and is the same as a Huion 680S.

Specs:
Windows 7 32-bit
4GB RAM
AMD Radeon x1300 Pro
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 Ghz 3.19 Ghz

osu! version: 20131216.26 (latest)
Topic Starter
Aaerok
Bump~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marcin
About the heat problem I don't know, but for delay issue I recommend you using 1,0x in osu! and checking "full screen" option alongside with this fix: t/115233 , also, enable unlimited fps during game play (assuming you are using directX render)
Topic Starter
Aaerok
Thanks for the reply. I have done all those basic options before, even the ViziblrFixMyPen. But nothing seems to stop the delay from coming back.
Topic Starter
Aaerok
Buuuump~~~
Topic Starter
Aaerok
Well now I switched to my friends Radeon x1300 graphics card which is better than my old card, but the lag still persists. No one has any ideas? :cry:
Topic Starter
Aaerok
Still buuuuuumpin~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[BAR] Rei
Did you try giving a high priority to the process(es) associated with the tablet (Task manager -> processes -> right click the process -> set priority -> realtime)? Also, does the pen take batteries? If so change them (preferably alkaline batteries rather than rechargeable). Also, try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the latest version from the website.
Dexus
Don't change process priority.

The issue is one or more of the following: you're noticing the monitor's delay, the gpu/pc is configured incorrectly, you're running too many applications at once, you have desktop window manager on, running with limited fps while windowed.

Personally I get random bouts of lag which clear up after I restart. I also noticed a difference when I got a lower latency monitor. 5ms is very noticeable when playing. Latency adds up and it can get pretty bad.
MillhioreF
Definitely not on osu!'s end. Does it lag before your fan starts revving?
Topic Starter
Aaerok
Sorry for the late response. Didn't think anyone would respond back.

THE_GH0ST wrote:

Did you try giving a high priority to the process(es) associated with the tablet (Task manager -> processes -> right click the process -> set priority -> realtime)? Also, does the pen take batteries? If so change them (preferably alkaline batteries rather than rechargeable). Also, try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the latest version from the website.
Yes I've tried everything you said before. But the lag is still coming back.

Dexus wrote:

Don't change process priority.

The issue is one or more of the following: you're noticing the monitor's delay, the gpu/pc is configured incorrectly, you're running too many applications at once, you have desktop window manager on, running with limited fps while windowed.

Personally I get random bouts of lag which clear up after I restart. I also noticed a difference when I got a lower latency monitor. 5ms is very noticeable when playing. Latency adds up and it can get pretty bad.
My CPU Usage doesn't exceed over 30%. I'm not sure about the gpu/pc configuration. And I had dwm.exe open (also not sure about that, but I'll give it a try).

MillhioreF wrote:

Definitely not on osu!'s end. Does it lag before your fan starts revving?
It starts revving as soon as my pen is in range of the tablet and as soon as I pull it away, the fan starts to cool down.
kingking9
If your fan keeps revving up, can you install something like Speccy and take a screenshot of it after your pen has been near the tablet for a bit? If your computer is clogged with dust, constant 30% CPU usage could be enough to push it over the edge, especially being a Pentium 4 - they run HOT.
Topic Starter
Aaerok

kingking9 wrote:

If your fan keeps revving up, can you install something like Speccy and take a screenshot of it after your pen has been near the tablet for a bit? If your computer is clogged with dust, constant 30% CPU usage could be enough to push it over the edge, especially being a Pentium 4 - they run HOT.
Well, I got Speccy. But which tab am I supposed to screenshot to show the relation between the tablet and the fan?

EDIT: I think the fan speed is a little less noticeable with this new graphics card. But, I definitely still have lag with my tablet. And I had cleaned all the little dust particles before replacing my old Nvidia Geforce 7300 LE with this Radeon.
EDIT 2: Scratch that 30% CPU Usage. That was with my browser opened in the background. With osu! on alone, my CPU maintains about 1-10%.
kingking9
Ok, if the CPU usage is only 1-10%, then my paragraph above is irrelevant.
Topic Starter
Aaerok
Any more ideas? :?
Genesis Rose
This sounds like a hardware conflict to me, does this occur whenever you use your tablet or just when osu is open?

Are there any signs of damage to the usb port(s) that you use your tablet with or damage in general to the tablet/pen? (I have a busted USB port and if I plug anything into it the computer blue screens instantly xD)

If the problem persists outside of osu you need to contact the manufacturer about this issue.

Also, OS version, resolution, frame limiter, windowed/fullscreen, would help as well. I notice on my PC if I am not using fullscreen mode (NOT BORDERLESS) I get massive delay with my mouse.
Topic Starter
Aaerok

There wrote:

This sounds like a hardware conflict to me, does this occur whenever you use your tablet or just when osu is open?

Are there any signs of damage to the usb port(s) that you use your tablet with or damage in general to the tablet/pen? (I have a busted USB port and if I plug anything into it the computer blue screens instantly xD)

If the problem persists outside of osu you need to contact the manufacturer about this issue.

Also, OS version, resolution, frame limiter, windowed/fullscreen, would help as well. I notice on my PC if I am not using fullscreen mode (NOT BORDERLESS) I get massive delay with my mouse.
There is a slight delay even when osu is closed. There aren't any noticeable damages to the USB Port. I had just used another tablet made by MonoPrice, and still feel delay while playing osu.

OS Version: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
Resolution: 1024x768 (Fullscreen mode)
Frame Limiter: 120 FPS
Renderer: DirectX

I've switched up all the options in osu, but the delay gets even worse than these options.