forum

Allow host to change ready status

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +88
show more
Topic Starter
Raging Bull
Wow, you must live a perfect life of never forgetting anything at all.

In all seriousness though, It's not unnecessary, it's more convenient. As a host, you click start. Then you saw the map and like "oh crap this map is too easy/hard. I'm going to add a mod." Well now I cannot click add mod because I'm ready, and I cannot say I'm not ready because my option turned into "force start"

I can't see how it is a hassle to add one button that says "Not ready" Though peppy does hate toggles.
buny
+1 for separating force start and ready/unready button
no stars left sadly
Myke B

Raging Bull wrote:

Wow, you must live a perfect life of never forgetting anything at all.

In all seriousness though, It's not unnecessary, it's more convenient. As a host, you click start. Then you saw the map and like "oh crap this map is too easy/hard. I'm going to add a mod." Well now I cannot click add mod because I'm ready, and I cannot say I'm not ready because my option turned into "force start"

I can't see how it is a hassle to add one button that says "Not ready" Though peppy does hate toggles.
TIL I live a perfect life of never forgetting anything, because I don't consistently goof, and press a button to start the game when I don't want to lol. Anyways, When I say "it's more of a hassle" I mean that, because peppy would have to re do (not the entire thing obviously) the multiplayer interface to add another button. When in reality not that many people care. I'm not trying to say it's a bad idea, and I hope that it happens, but I'm just adding my two cents. Sorry for my cynicism :/
pola[r]is
it's very annoying, to say the least.
Also, this applies to ONE person being ready, you force start the game on accident, and then suddenly however amount of people in the lobby that haven't readied up (or haven't downloaded the beatmap), either are AFK or they can't play at all.
It would be a nice convenience to have a separate ready and force start button.
buny

pola[r]is wrote:

it's very annoying, to say the least.
Also, this applies to ONE person being ready, you force start the game on accident, and then suddenly however amount of people in the lobby that haven't readied up (or haven't downloaded the beatmap), either are AFK or they can't play at all.
It would be a nice convenience to have a separate ready and force start button.
i'm pretty sure that force start forces people that aren't ready to play.
- Marco -

deadbeat wrote:

i tried suggesting this years ago and it got denied :(
though that was before force start and other additions. i'll keep this open for a bit. see what happens
Poor deadbeat :c

anyway support :D
Topic Starter
Raging Bull
bumpy jumpy.
Friggles
Its especially annoying when you want to change your mods as host.
Mira-san

Friggles wrote:

Myke B
More like a minor inconvenience.
Nathanael

Friggles wrote:

This is one of the reasons why I like to see this.
Along with the beatmap changing
gadrin
I agree, changing a map just to add a mod is a bit annoying, i would love to see this implemented
Shadowriver
I think host need to ready is a real design flaw here, there is no point to host indicate readiness as he is the same person starting the game
Bara-

Myke B wrote:

More like a major inconvenience.
FFTY

Really good idea, as I hate it when it happens
xasuma
Bump!
Nexerq
A good spot for the button could be in the center above and between the two buttons currently there for the host. Or just resize all buttons and put it in.

But that aside, yes, this should be implemented.
Dephix

Shadowriver wrote:

I think host need to ready is a real design flaw here, there is no point to host indicate readiness as he is the same person starting the game
drum drum

Dephix wrote:

Shadowriver wrote:

host chooses song
suddenly decides they need to leave for the bathroom
everyone presses ready
map starts without host
host comes back from bathroom to see everyone already played the map
Dephix

drum drum wrote:

host chooses song
suddenly decides they need to leave for the bathroom
everyone presses ready
map starts without host
host comes back from bathroom to see everyone already played the map
The match only starts when host presses Start Game/Force Start, theres no Ready button for host, that is what we mean.
Constantine
hey can i bump this