forum

Occasional tablet tapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MiDNiGhT2903
I had a tablet for quite awhile and started using a bigger area with more hovering involved.
But I ran into an annoying problem recently. Everytime I hover, I occasionally touch/tap the tablet with my pen. Then I start to lose my balance/momentum or wateva u call it, and I miss the next few beats. Is there anyway to solve this? I tried different grips but in the end the problem is only reduced, not completely solved.
Bauxe
Practice?
uzzi
You could try playing without the nib.
iSpR1Te
Same problem. Had a tablet for 4 months now and I still occasional bump my tablet. It's annoying, but not much you can do about except for trying not to do it.
Topic Starter
MiDNiGhT2903

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

You could try playing without the nib.
I am, but it still happens.

Bauxe wrote:

Practice?
Well that sure is useful, but I've been playing for quite long with tablet hover already.
I see a lot of players not having the problem tho...
buny
disable mouse clicks (f10 ingame) i assume is what you're looking for

if you're talking about feeling your accidental tapping is throwing you off, there isn't really much way to prevent it since certain patterns will always force you to touch your tablet at least once
it's better to learn to play with it, and it won't be so bothersome

personally i don't even notice myself tapping the tablet, unless i accidentally have mouse clicks enabled
Espionage724
I tap my tablet during jumps mostly. I have mouse buttons disabled, so it doesn't really do anything, and I hardly notice it too (aside from Windows 8's freezing of the cursor on tap bs).
[ Katsu ]

Espionage724 wrote:

I tap my tablet during jumps mostly. I have mouse buttons disabled, so it doesn't really do anything, and I hardly notice it too (aside from Windows 8's freezing of the cursor on tap bs).
New bamboo drivers fixed this for me, it has better W8/8.1 support. Disable windows ink and it should be fine!
http://puu.sh/64wDz.png (tickbox located under the tablet area settings)

Hope this helps!

Link to the driver page: http://us.wacom.com/en/support/drivers
Espionage724

[ Katsu ] wrote:

Espionage724 wrote:

New bamboo drivers fixed this for me, it has better W8/8.1 support. Disable windows ink and it should be fine!
http://puu.sh/64wDz.png (tickbox located under the tablet area settings)

Hope this helps!

Link to the driver page: http://us.wacom.com/en/support/drivers
I have a VisTablet PenPad (Waltop Q Pad) sadly :/

There was a program called TabletTapToClick that used to work great, but now it causes my cursor to not move at all if I move too far to the right on my tablet for some reason; not sure if it's osu! related, or maybe some update to Windows 8.1 (a month or two ago I know it worked fine on 8.1 and osu!).
Flat_Stanley
Even after playing with tablet from rank 80k to what I am now, which was about 4 months, I still accidentally tap the tablet. Disabling mouse buttons helps because tapping your pen on your tablet counts as a mouse click so it obviously throws off your accuracy. As well as that, it also feels like your cursor kinda sticks to a place if you tap it and don't move it quick enough. Make sure you're comfortable with your play area, if you have too large of an area then you're obviously going to have to either move your entire arm to move the cursor or you're going to have to just move your wrist. When you're only moving your wrist, you're extending your fingers over and over so not tapping your tablet takes some getting used to. Don't hold your tablet pen by the very tip, hold it closer to the tip but not completely on the slanted part.
TakuMii

Espionage724 wrote:

There was a program called TabletTapToClick that used to work great, but now it causes my cursor to not move at all if I move too far to the right on my tablet for some reason; not sure if it's osu! related, or maybe some update to Windows 8.1 (a month or two ago I know it worked fine on 8.1 and osu!).
It's not Windows 8.1. I updated and TabletTapToClick still works.
(although this new driver update that I'm now aware of eliminates my need for it)
Espionage724

YayMii wrote:

Espionage724 wrote:

It's not Windows 8.1. I updated and TabletTapToClick still works.
(although this new driver update that I'm now aware of eliminates my need for it)
Hmm, interesting. Only other thing I can think of is maybe my graphics driver, but that's the last thing I'd figure to cause such an issue. My tablet driver is the same version it's been at (some 2012 driver; latest offered). I might have to mess around with it a bit more I guess.
Almost
Been playing tablet for around a year now and I still sometimes lift my pen too high off my tablet. It's just something I have to deal with time to time. I guess you should just deal with touching your pen on your tablet and just ignore it.