forum

Spectating StreamBot

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
iambs
Before I propose my idea, I'd just like to apologize if this post is a duplicate but as far as I searched I couldn't find anything like it.
So basically what I'm asking for is a twitch.tv channel that streams random players playing osu! 24/7. I think this would be a useful tool for the following reasons:
- It would give less known players fame
- It would advertise the game through twitch
- Just a fun thing to watch when you're bored
This could be organized by setting up an auto spectate bot and have it spectate random players and stream that footage to the twitch channel.
Unfortunately I have no backround in code so please inform me if this would be difficult to code.
But anyways, I hope you like my idea and please leave feedback in the replies :D
boat
Go and spectate some "random players" yourself, why do you need a service to do it for you?
FrzR
Random Stalker v2
Topic Starter
iambs

boat wrote:

Go and spectate some "random players" yourself, why do you need a service to do it for you?
It was just a idea.. no need to be so harsh. And a problem with spectating players yourself is that you don't always have the beatmaps they are playing.
Topic Starter
iambs

Fr33z3R wrote:

Random Stalker v2
I guess thats a good name for it xD Anyways, I can see the feedback appearing isn't very positive :(
Seijiro
I guess it isn't so a bad idea, but I don't really take time to spectate others
Abel
ye, just create a new bot that works 24/7.
I bet that it is easy to code it... and to maintain it... shuuure its easy -_-'
Tekklorn
I don't see why people would take time to go and watch something like this, I'm speaking for myself here obviously but if people wanted to spectate others then they can do so in game. Also, some people wouldn't like the idea that they could be streamed on twitch.
Revion
I like your opinion, but are people will get that time for sure?

The bot program is easy to build, but hard to maintaining, because of the real time.
Bauxe
Wouldn't it just be spectating people playing easy / medium / hard half the time, seeing as thats around half the players online at a time? Considering it would also lack commentary or any extra entertainment, I can't see it being all too popular.
Topic Starter
iambs
I guess its a no then :( Anyways I understand the problems/restrictions with this program so thanks to anyone who left constructive criticism. I can see why this isn't a great idea now, thanks :)
Stregan

Baskebarro wrote:

I guess its a no then :( Anyways I understand the problems/restrictions with this program so thanks to anyone who left constructive criticism. I can see why this isn't a great idea now, thanks :)
Well still good job for trying to contribute lol better luck next time xD
Topic Starter
iambs

Stregan wrote:

Well still good job for trying to contribute lol better luck next time xD
Thanks xD