forum

Does anyone here speak/learn Japanese?

posted
Total Posts
show more
eirrol
I nvever knew peppy is this bored! ROFL!
Pokebis

eirrol wrote:

I nvever knew peppy is this bored! ROFL!
Ahahahaha-- Wait, what?
WyndII
Uhm I now know what are the Japanese for months and days, numbers only 1 - 10 ( ichi, ni, san, yon, go, roku, shichi, hachi, kyuu, juu) lol, I know hiragana. I know nothing about Katakana and Kanji. Except the word Kokoro in Youtube which is in Katakana, I think. I also can't type Japanese symbols here in my computer. I learned how to read hiragana by playing My Japanese Couch DS :| but since my DS died 3 weeks ago...... :(
KawaiiLily
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Orkel
I speak some Japanese, my skills are kinda at the "simple everyday conversation" level. I know the hiragana/katakana and around 70 kanji or so, but I'm still trying to learn the grammatical rules/sentence structure.
Henkie

Daniellynet wrote:

I tried to but i cant do it with my parents at home.. (embarassed...) :/
Why would you be embarrased about that ._.
nuudles
I studied Japanese for 2 and a half years, then did a study abroad in Japan (Fukuoka and Tokyo) for 6 weeks, then spent 5 months working at a small company in Toyama.

My Japanese still sucks.
derfington
おはようございまおうす。おげんきですか。
bagnz0r
私は日本語を勉強したい :(
Yes, i'm trying to learn Japanese. Unfortunately here in my country it's impossible, unless you want to study Japanese or live in Warsaw.
Derekku
私の名前はデレックチャンです。

I know very little xd
Ekaru
Learned quite a bit in the past few months.

Also, Kanji can be a pain at times. Whose idea was it to give lots of them multiple readings? ><;
Derekku

Ekaru wrote:

Learned quite a bit in the past few months.

Also, Kanji can be a pain at times. Whose idea was it to give lots of them multiple readings? ><;
Because it makes them "easier"

<_>
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Larto
Baah, I'd love to learn Japanese, just because the language is so interesting and different. See, the European languages like Italian, French, English, all derive from Latin, which makes them super similar. And somewhat boring.
Thing is, at the moment I'm learning Latin, English AND Italian at school, so if I tried to learn Japanese too at the moment.. well, I'd probably end up with a nervous breakdown. orz

tldr: No, I've got NO CLUE about Japanese, but I'd love to learn it.
Echo
English was definitely influenced by Latin, but it's actually a Germanic language, not derived from Latin.
Larto
Well, you get the idea, they're super similar anyway.
Echo
Only certain words. In general, English is much more similar to German/Swedish/etc. than French/Italian/etc.

For example, the verb "to say":

French: dire
Italian: dire
Spanish: decir

English: say
German: sagen
Swedish: säga
Larto
Well, my native language IS German. So the only way I can get a more interesting/diferent language than what I already know is to get Japanese or Chinese or Thai or other "weird letter" languages <3
bagnz0r

Echo wrote:

Only certain words. In general, English is much more similar to German/Swedish/etc. than French/Italian/etc.

For example, the verb "to say":

French: dire
Italian: dire
Spanish: decir

English: say
German: sagen
Swedish: säga
Polish is also European language.
Polish: powiedzieć
LilyPichu
Teaching myself Japanese. It reminds me of Korean, a lot. I don't find it too difficult...(so far :cry:).
YukuZetsuji
I'll go to Japanase Language faculty in the university. :roll:
Ryuukun
minyeob
Pokebis
I'm learning it now, but being a native english speaker makes it a bit difficult because of the differences. Eastern and Western languages are incredibly different so it's difficult to learn one after knowing the other.
Azure_Kite
I started learning it about a year ago. Since English is my native language I found it tricky at first, but once I learnt a bit, the rest started to be understood easier.

Now all I need to do is focus focus focus on learning more kanji... orz
Senbon
I'm in my second year of Japanese class right now.

It's going quite smoothly, my teacher is great.

I actually really like kanji while everyone else whines, to be honest. That's +1 to "how much more peculiar Senbon can be."

Hey, anyone learned the Mori no Kuma song? Best song I've ever heard. :D
Echo
先に「来年日本語を大学に勉強する」って言ったけど、今勉強しないかもしれないと思います。日本語なら、自分で習えますからね。
Gens

Echo wrote:

先に「来年日本語を大学に勉強する」って言ったけど、今勉強しないかもしれないと思います。日本語なら、自分で習えますからね。
D:

Topic: I'm not really interested in learning Japanese. :P
Derekku
I think I already posted here but oh well orz

I'm interested in learning </weeaboo> but it wouldn't be the best thing to do right now. I'm already heading towards a college minor in Spanish, so that's enough language for my brain for now...
MegaManEXE
I'd love to learn any of the eastern Asian languages, but I have no idea how to get started learning. I don't really think Rosetta Stone or anything like that is the best way to go but I don't have any classes offered at my college in any of those languages.

:/
adam2046
You could read a book.
Use the internet.
Ask someone who knows to get you started.
A combination of all three.
MegaManEXE

adam2046 wrote:

You could read a book.
Use the internet.
Ask someone who knows to get you started.
A combination of all three.
Fuck books
Internet...I'm not really sure where to begin and I don't really trust a lot of the information that's out there quite honestly
And I don't know anybody who speaks them irl, only some online friends (I would imagine typing on MSN is not very effective as to learning how a language is spoken)
adam2046
Just do some google searches, almost all of the information will be quite useful to you.
Show some initiative.
And read some books...seriously they're good for you.
MegaManEXE

adam2046 wrote:

Just do some google searches, almost all of the information will be quite useful to you.
Show some initiative.
And read some books...seriously they're good for you.
What I meant is that I could go find any old site that tells me how to speak Japanese and it could tell me a whole bunch of incorrect shit and I'd believe it because I wouldn't know any better and have nobody to tell me if I'm doing it wrong
adam2046
Just do it.
Echo
http://guidetojapanese.org is great for a grammar-oriented approach. It's better than textbooks imo.
MegaManEXE
Cool, thanks Echo
minyeob
adam you're so mean:;
btw

I just learned that "kanji" is 漢字 wtf

感じ(kanji, feeling)
This kanji is well-known word in Korea orz
So I misunderstood kanji's meaning until this time......

I need to learn Japanese for my future. (To get ready for my 2nd foreign language class)
Echo
漢字 is "hanja" in korean, right?
DustyZA
Anime has made me interested in learning Japanese, but till I convince a friend to learn as well don`t think its gonna happen.
At least I know one word ,which you all can guess.
show more