forum

Does anyone here speak/learn Japanese?

posted
Total Posts
show more
[Shalon]
I want to be a good japanese-speaker,

but now, I can't speak well, just little, haha.
Hakeru

[Shalon] wrote:

I want to be a good japanese-speaker,

but now, I can't speak well, just little, haha.
me too ,
i learn japanese since 6 years old ..but uh.. not much ;__;

i must start learn japanese again from 0 ... haha ..
i can speak japanese , listening , and i can read the basic sentence like ..
おはようございます
こんばんわ
こんいちわ
ごめなさい
おたんじょうびおめでとう
いただきます
etc ...

watching anime , and listening some japanese music can improve your japanese language ..
minyeob
wow this topic still around here D:
I'm now preparing JLPT N2~
Listening is damn hard

listening some japanese music can improve your japanese language ..
And I strongly disagree with this
I have listened Japanese music for 3-4 years
But real Japanese is so much different from music >_<
Faust
I don't. Not at the moment, maybe in the future. Actually, that's quite likely.
Hakeru

minyeob wrote:

wow this topic still around here D:
I'm now preparing JLPT N2~
Listening is damn hard

listening some japanese music can improve your japanese language ..
And I strongly disagree with this
I have listened Japanese music for 3-4 years
But real Japanese is so much different from music >_<
ahahaha that's my method >_<;
Pokebis

Hakeru Prismriver wrote:

ahahaha that's my method >_<;
And how fluent are you? I think listening to Japanese songs is a terrible way to learn the language as the syllables are generally stressed a lot differently than actual speech. Everyone who says they learn out of music either is already fluent to an extent, is talking out of their ass and likely doesn't understand a bit of the language, or is going to learn the language incorrectly.
That being said, there are some learning-aid type music that helps reinforce certain concepts in your heard, but normal Jpop and crap certainly won't do that.
-Xero-
chinese is god tier!!1

actually i am interested in learning japanese, but I don't get the chance. no teachers around and i don't like learning all by myself via internet and stuff...
Xyrenus
just started learning a few words..and probably creating some incomplete sentence.. quite interesting though the language..
DjKniteX
right here, I can speak basic conversational Japanese... as well as still learning

My minor is Japanese XD

dozo yoroshiku
My1_old
doesnt matter if anyone complains about necroing, because i am only REFRESHING this topic...
I am learning japanese and I really want to speak it somtetime really 1337...
the beginning was that I watched some animes in japanese language and it sounded very nice so I began leanring it, was quite some years ago...
boat
I've been studying japanese as a standalone course at a univ for a while, my pronunciation is quite good but my vocabulary is rather thin.
Daru
I've been studying Japanese for about a year now.
(About a half year of self-study and half year of classes with self-study)

I've spoken with some native speakers, and my Japanese is described as "Not much of an accent, grammatically correct, but weird sounding".
My vocab is rather bad (about 700 words/phrases) so I have to kinda dance around how to say certain things.
mathexpert
I've been watching anime forever, but I only recently started learning Japanese. It is soooo much more fun than spanish, because I actually have interest in it. (no offense, of course!~)
boat
Spanish is a pointless language anyhow, if you only have the three generic choices of german, spanish or french, then german will be by far the most beneficial.

MUCH OFFENSE INTENDED

SICK BURN
Cyclohexane
That hurts my feelings.
Vmx
Why did I choose french :( I don't understand anything and never will + I don't even want to understand it.
OnosakiHito

failboat wrote:

...german will be by far the most beneficial.
*dancing on the floor*

I failed in France. ;w;
I won in Japanese. :)
OzzyOzrock

failboat wrote:

Spanish is a pointless language anyhow, if you only have the three generic choices of german, spanish or french, then german will be by far the most beneficial.

MUCH OFFENSE INTENDED

SICK BURN
not in th U.S. at all
OnosakiHito

OzzyOzrock wrote:

not in th U.S. at all
Open the door, get on the floor! Everybody walk the dinosaur.
Micaela Mousiki
Huh? Me? I'm studying it :D
I go to a university to assist a course once a week.
It's my second year and I'm doing fine ^^
I'm learning the conjugations at the moment but I can make some sentences.
I can use adjectives and I'm finally learning how to speak it informally.
But I need more vocabulary and kanji, so I will take care of that.
Pokebis

Daru wrote:

I've spoken with some native speakers, and my Japanese is described as "Not much of an accent, grammatically correct, but weird sounding".
It might be the way you say it. I'm apparently usually too formal when I talk in other languages, but that's probably because I don't know many informal ways of saying things and I can't tell what's going to be broken or not.
That being said, I may speak too formally in English as well, but I try not too.
My1_old
nic3, I have to say, but I think that it makes rather fun learning it youself (like I do), coz you are not tied to times or teachers, and I like this way really
boat

My1 wrote:

nic3, I have to say, but I think that it makes rather fun learning it youself (like I do), coz you are not tied to times or teachers, and I like this way really
doing it by yourself and actually getting the same result from studying it properly at a decent course would take an incredible amount of self discipline and effort

not to mention how you barely have anyone to correct your mistakes
Lilac
Probably about 9 months now, both official classes and self study. I'm terrible at writing and speaking off the top of my head but I was always good with grammar. It's the same for German.

I like it, it's fun.
Daru

Pokebis wrote:

It might be the way you say it. I'm apparently usually too formal when I talk in other languages, but that's probably because I don't know many informal ways of saying things and I can't tell what's going to be broken or not.
That being said, I may speak too formally in English as well, but I try not too.
Well, it was pointed out that I used words in a weird way or something like that. Like, I would say, "I will wait inside the bus stop," rather than, "I'll wait at the bus stop," or something like, "I arrived at class" rather than, "I got to class,", because I didn't know the word "got". I'm sure what you're saying was a part of it, but I think the main thing wrong was my word choice rather than politeness.
Micaela Mousiki
わたし は 日本語 を すこし わかる こと が できます

Did I made that sentence right? ^^;
My1_old
mochiron, ii desu yo.
--
sorry but my computer is still incapable of typing kana...
Micaela Mousiki

My1 wrote:

mochiron, ii desu yo.
--
sorry but my computer is still incapable of typing kana...
Thank you!

Same here, I used a site in order to type that sentence OTL
My1_old
onegai URL wo ore ni tsutaetekudasai!
Micaela Mousiki

My1 wrote:

onegai URL wo ore ni tsutaetekudasai!
http://www.wandel.person.dk/japanese.html

I use this one pretty often.
But I know there is another... I'm going to find it.

EDIT: Oh! I found it!

http://gate2home.com/Japanese-Keyboard
My1_old
すごい!

even if this search-and-click takes a while...
Micaela Mousiki

My1 wrote:

すごい!

even if this search-and-click takes a while...
I know! :?
Daru

Micaela Mousiki wrote:

もし漢字を使えばスペースが必要じゃありませんよ。
My1_old
kana de kakushite kudasai, takusan no kanji wo wakaranai desu yo...
Micaela Mousiki

Daru wrote:

Micaela Mousiki wrote:

もし漢字を使えばスペースが必要じゃありませんよ。

Hmmm... I'm not good reading kanji ^^;
But reading the bits of the sentence, It has to do with the space, right?
My1_old
that is something OI got too, maybe he/she wants to say that in oroginal japanese spaces arent used or something like that.

but for unsertanding I still use them...
Daru

Micaela Mousiki wrote:

"If you're using kanji, then you don't have to put spaces in."
lit. "If (you) use kanji, then spaces are not required"

Of course, as with my previous statement, I'm not too confident in my word choice here, so it may sound weird to a native speaker.

Japanese is written with no spaces, but they're usually put in to make it easier for beginners who don't know kanji and read sentences with only hiragana/katakana, or for signs or messages written entirely in kana.
Micaela Mousiki

Daru wrote:

Micaela Mousiki wrote:

"If you're using kanji, then you don't have to put spaces in."
lit. "If (you) use kanji, then spaces are not required"

Of course, as with my previous statement, I'm not too confident in my word choice here, so it may sound weird to a native speaker.

Japanese is written with no spaces, but they're usually put in to make it easier for beginners who don't know kanji and read sentences with only hiragana/katakana, or for signs or messages written entirely in kana.
Ah! I see ^^
Thank you, I didn't know about that. Next time will write with no spaces, then.
My1_old

Micaela Mousiki wrote:

Daru wrote:

they're usually put in to make it easier for beginners who don't know kanji and read sentences with only hiragana/katakana, or for signs or messages written entirely in kana.
Ah! I see ^^
Thank you, I didn't know about that. Next time will write with no spaces, then.
as you see, when you wont use kanji, then you can (and if you ask me you should) use spaces coz when you are no natve speaker, it is xTremely hard to figure out where one word ends and where the other begins.

I know about and still using spaces, coz it is easier to read...
Micaela Mousiki

My1 wrote:

as you see, when you wont use kanji, then you can (and if you ask me you should) use spaces coz when you are no natve speaker, it is xTremely hard to figure out where one word ends and where the other begins.

I know about and still using spaces, coz it is easier to read...
Yeah, I usually use kanji in "watashi" or the days of the week, numbers and some other simple things like tree, river, forest, etc.
And I normally use those in a sentence, so yeah ^^

I wonder how do I say " I wish *Insert noun here* " ?
show more