forum

Best Mechanical Key Switch?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iambs
Hey,
I recently saved up enough money for a mechanical keyboard and was just wondering which key switch to buy.
I'm aware that the blue and brown switches are the best for gaming but I'm a bit confused which one is better for osu and gaming in general.
If anybody could guide me on which one of the two is better for gaming/osu that would be awesome.
Thanks,
~Baskebarro
Full Tablet
Red switches are the best for this game IMO
Fzero100
Most people either go with Blacks or Reds.
pielak213
­
TakuMii
It's mostly preference, but I'm pretty sure most people go for Reds or Blues (Reds are the lightest switches available, while Blues are the most common clicky variety). Personally, I prefer Browns (they're somewhere in between).

Also, Blues are designed more for typing rather than gaming. They aren't necessarily bad for gaming though. I'd recommend trying out the different switches first if possible, to figure out what suits you best.
Soarezi
red
Gigo

Baskebarro wrote:

Hey,
I recently saved up enough money for a mechanical keyboard and was just wondering which key switch to buy.
I'm aware that the blue and brown switches are the best for gaming but I'm a bit confused which one is better for osu and gaming in general.
If anybody could guide me on which one of the two is better for gaming/osu that would be awesome.
Thanks,
~Baskebarro
There is a thread called "How to improve at osu" >>> t/99612

When you go there, click the "Threads" button and there you will see 6 different threads dedicated to keyboards and what is best for osu. Read through all of them, I am sure it will help you.

(sigh) What's the point of having stickied threads if nobody reads them anyway?
Topic Starter
iambs

Artaxerx wrote:

Baskebarro wrote:

Hey,
Thanks,
~Baskebarro
There is a thread called "How to improve at osu" >>> t/99612

When you go there, click the "Threads" button and there you will see 6 different threads dedicated to keyboards and what is best for osu. Read through all of them, I am sure it will help you.

(sigh) What's the point of having stickied threads if nobody reads them anyway?
Oh, thanks for telling me about that, I'll try to pay attention to stickies from next time. Sorry D:
Topic Starter
iambs
Ok thanks to whoever replied. I guess I'll try to play around with whatever the shop has on display :P But I think i'm gonna go with red, thanks again :)
Mikelicious
green
AmaiHachimitsu
Just Practice.

Oh wait, Reds of course. Linear are better for gaming in overall, maybe not for daily use.
theburgerhd
red
chanhien
Green
strikeR
yellows
winber1
rainbows
Homie
Question of preference rather than a fact. Go with what you like the most.
Ibuki Suika
short stream:black
long stream:red

Refresh rate≥1000hz

also i think add a rubber ring is better
Kanye West
BLACKWIDOW
Will3x
Redwidow
jesse1412

Will3x wrote:

Redwidow