forum

Do people play slow songs to get better accuarcy percentage?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mrFPS
Ok so I've been wondering, do people actually play slow songs to get a better accuracy percentage?

I've noticed that there are players with 90%+ accuracy and are around level 80 - 99, but yet got their accuracy and ppp from playing slow maps; normal, easy, insane beatmaps with < 180 BPM. Why do you people do this? Would you not rather improve on faster maps therefore making you a better player overall?

I've played multiplayer games against people with 90%+ accuracy and are around level 80 - 99 and beaten them, which is stupid. I'm not saying I'm the best, or even remotely good; infact I'm shit and I know I'm shit but I want to improve, hence why I only mainly play insane beatmaps ranging from 140 - 250 BPM.

But yeah, to reinstate my question. Do players actually play slow songs to get a better accuracy percentage. If so, why would you do this?

maybe I'm wrong about the whole thing i'unno but yeah
GladiOol
did you ever even consider that some people play certain maps or songs because they like the map and/or song?
Topic Starter
mrFPS

GladiOol wrote:

did you ever even consider that some people play certain maps or songs because they like the map and/or song?
I think you misunderstood the question, I asked if people play slow songs to get their accuracy percentage higher, like, constantly play slow songs so they get 90%+ accuracy on those songs therefore increasing their overall accuracy; not why they play slow songs.
Oinari-sama
Wrong forum, next time post in Gameplay & Rankings
Shellghost

mrFPS wrote:

I asked if people play slow songs to get their accuracy percentage higher...

...not why they play slow songs.
So you asked why they play slow songs not why they play slow songs?

Also, they would do it for the purpose of raising their accuracy for the same reason everyone grinds hards. To make a number on a game go up and evidently make their e-peen go up.

Also, wrong subforum.
Topic Starter
mrFPS

Shellghost wrote:

Also, they would do it for the purpose of raising their accuracy for the same reason everyone grinds hards. To make a number on a game go up and evidently make their e-peen go up.
That was my first guess, to give them an ego boost, but even if that were true, wouldn't they feel shit once they get stomped on by people that play fast beatmaps constantly.

Shellghost wrote:

mrFPS wrote:

I asked if people play slow songs to get their accuracy percentage higher...

...not why they play slow songs.
So you asked why they play slow songs not why they play slow songs?
And lol, maybe I'm not the best at wording things I dunno, I mean why do they constantly play slow maps to get a higher accuracy percentage rather than playing faster maps and becoming a better player overall.

Shellghost wrote:

Also, wrong subforum.
I can re-post this in the correct sub forum if you guys actually care?
Zeraph
why else would they be telling you holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Ceph23
Off-Topic = Nicest place on earth.

Oh wait.... Wrong thread.
mathexpert
I think that maybe some do, but some don't.

Wrong subforum to post in, btw.
Birdy
Do you like fingering your dad.
IppE

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Your fetishes are almost as weird as ReZero's.

And that is not good.
Birdy

IppE wrote:

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Your fetishes are almost as weird as ReZero's.

And that is not good.
That is not my fetish.

My only true fetish is naked 2D girls.
Ceph23

Static Noise Bird wrote:

My only true fetish is naked 2D girls.
As do all of us.
kouzuki_karen
Meh, I don't really give half a shit about my accuracy displayed on my profile.

as long as it's over 95% that is
KajTorvaldGrey
Ehrm like I mean..seriously, who gives a shit?
Ryu Sei
No. Missed a lot when plays slower songs IMO.
Stregan

Daichi Grey wrote:

Ehrm like I mean..seriously, who gives a shit?
I give a damn about accuracy percentage as long as it's 94 above well it look shit when it's 86% below
[ Stellar ]
no
yes
maybe
GladiOol

[ Stellar ] wrote:

no
yes
maybe
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Yafutsufa
I can't.... even.... play.... easy song...anymore...... DX
goddamit myself... goddamit... =="
Varetyr
@OP : you do enjoy playing challenging stuff all day ? That's fine. Just try to understand this game can be played in various ways. Some will prefer playing easier maps because they actually enjoy playing them, some jump lovers will grind jumpy maps everyday whereas the others will try to improve their streaming ability, a lot of players will retry over and over again to get a top rank while the others dont give a damn about ranking and only want to improve themselves, etc. Basically, not everyone thinks the way you do and it's fine like that.

To answer your question in a few words, yeah, some people do, and the others don't. But honestly, nobody cares, and in a few weeks you probably won't either, unless you're trying to show off or something.

why the fk am I answering seriously in Off-Topic