Masato Nakamura - Staff Credits

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Sinistro
Well, here goes...
chan
Nice beatmap, good to see that you're pretty consistent with beat spacing, and also you've had a go at making some nice looking sliders and utilising both sound sets! There is a bit of a problem with sliders that have the end overlap the start, such as at 00:26:28, 01:05:33 (although it's nice looking) and 01:49:36. The last one isn't so important because the hit radius for the slider is ample enough for it to cover both directions, but the others would probably cause a miss if they weren't familiar with your beatmap. Unfortunately, this means redoing your star. I suggest that you start the slider at the centre of the star on the bottom part, and slightly to the left or right, and then finish on the other side, if you understand what I'm saying. Otherwise, this looks really good. Maybe you might want someone else to check the timing though, I just can't put my finger on why it sounds off. *starred*
Topic Starter
Sinistro
I thought these overlapping start and end points on the sliders might be unfair, but in the end I reasoned there was a 50/50 chance of getting the direction right the first time and after that the player would know where to slide. Still, I understand it can be pretty frustrating.

So, I made the slider at 26:28 a bit larger to distinguish between start and finish, but in order for the previous beat to be centered inside the slider I had to ignore automatic Beat Spacing...just a smidge. The star at 1:05:33 proved to be a much more difficult case, since I found it impossible to keep the two previous beats at correct spacing and still not fall on the slider's path, which ruined its look for me. In the end, I deleted those two beats. I left the final, tiny slider unchanged - initially I wanted a blue circular slider to represent a balled-up Sonic, but the time alotted isn't sufficient to make a big enough shape, so in the end I settled for a small gold ring :?

About the timing, that was why I submitted the map in Beatmap Help at first; I could tell something wasn't exactly right at some places (for example approximately before the first break and before the last break), but when I tinkered with it, other places would mess up. Perhaps someone else can solve this issue.

EDIT: By the way, I can't see a star by this thread's title at the board...
EDIT 2: Thanks :D
chan
Whoah, sorry bout not putting up that star, I'm getting sloppy at this modding stuff!

I tried to do the timing, but I'm not sure if I'm any better than you are. Here's my attempt, which is mostly your own timing
00:01:74 146.75
00:34:41 139.84
00:57:13 139.22
01:12:18 134.91
01:26:40 128.00
01:30:15 100.00
01:39:75 112.33

I think you should get someone like Rolled or Peppy to time this, I can probably bug them to get this one done. Very timely on the update btw!
Topic Starter
Sinistro
I think 34:41 might be a bit early for the offset, but the rest seems to work well, thanks! I suppose I'll wait for a second opinion before changing any settings. Such slight changes in bpm are rather difficult for me to nail down perfectly.
peppy
Chan's timings are spot on as far as I can see. As for 34410 - its about 6ms early if anything :P. So leave as is in my opinion!

Ganbare ;d
Topic Starter
Sinistro
Timing sections have been tweaked as suggested.

Also, I gotta ask... what does ;d stand for? Is it a wink and a tongue trying to touch one's nose? A wink and a cookie held in one's mouth (like peppy's avatar?) Inquiring minds would like to know.
Topic Starter
Sinistro
Um...I hope this is not a breach of board etiquette, but it's been ten days since I updated this beatmap based on mod suggestions, so I was wondering if there was anything else I needed to improve here?

For future reference, if I have implemented all current mod suggestions in a beatmap, is there a period of inactivity in its thread after which it is considered "ok" for me to bump it? Or should I stay put, even if the thread slides to the 3rd page and beyond, seemingly forgotten?
mtmcl
I'm pretty sure you can bump daily via the in-game upload system. It says you can bump once per day.

I really like this map, so I hope it gets ranked. It's very fun and isn't too easy or too hard.
chan
Hey sorry I didn't look at this earlier but I've had a little break from osu! and generally anything internet related.

Everything looks pretty much good, except for the following:
01:14:74 - This note should be spaced a bit further from (1), like the previous combo at 01:12:63, it's more distance/beat space intuitive

Otherwise this is pretty close for ranking, though maybe you might want to do another difficulty. I'm impartial on this since it's not a particularly difficult beatmap, but I'll wait on the opinions of other mods/players.

Re-starred
Topic Starter
Sinistro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mtmcl
This one is good, but if you're willing to make an easier one, do so. I'm sure some beginners wouldn't be able to pass this. (When I started, I'm sure I couldn't have.) If you don't want to, however, it's no big deal. I think it's fine as it is.
Topic Starter
Sinistro
Ok, I'll work on an easier version as well, then.

UPDATE: Easier version has been uploaded!
mtmcl
EDIT: Easy mode is great. The map is great. But it has come to my attention that the initial offset is late (like in EVERY map). Try 1690. Listen to it in .25x and you'll see what I mean. Be sure to resnap. Fix this and I'm bubbling. Go ahead and double check the other offsets at .25x if you will. I'm sure you'll be able to safely judge any differences.
Topic Starter
Sinistro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
chan
Nice work Sinistro, easy will work for a lot of beginners although normal isn't that difficult. I'd be happy to see this ranked.
eyup
Great work on this one, with some nice touches. The loop-the-loop slider made me LOL! The easy version is also a good example of a nicely designed lower-difficulty map. A couple of minor fixes before this gets ranked:

1. Easy at 1:10.48 - that beat is incorrectly beat spaced (too close to previous beats), move it to the right a bit.
  2. Easy at 1:34.80 - long blue slider has incorrect length (notice the tick very close to the end - that shouldn't be there).
These are very quick fixes so I'll leave it bubbled and will rank it when you let me know it's corrected.
Topic Starter
Sinistro
Ah, now I know what was bugging me about that slider! I didn't know one could use the ticks as a clue. Well, the two fixes have been made.
eyup
Ranked!
MaybeLater_x
Fun map. :D Difficult with those sudden time-changes, though that adds to the fun.
kperep
I can't download this map %) Only this map from the server. Why?
LuigiHann

kperep wrote:

thread link is broken. try the download button here http://osu.ppy.sh/index.php?p=song&s=688
Animeking194

LuigiHann wrote:

kperep wrote:

thread link is broken. try the download button here http://osu.ppy.sh/index.php?p=song&s=688
There seems to be a problem with that for me, whenever Osu tries to open the file, it fails and goes to any of my other songs.
Is that a problem with my Osu, or the file?
rhezimhain
hey..i think theres a big problem here..

the song title is Masato Nakamura - Staff Credits not Sonic the Hedgehog-Staff Credits

fix the problem with the song Masato Nakamura - Staff Credits, this is the only song i can't play in OSU to unlock the Video Game Pack vol.1 achievement. Fast Response!!!
Starrodkirby86

rhezimhain wrote:

hey..i think theres a big problem here..

the song title is Masato Nakamura - Staff Credits not Sonic the Hedgehog-Staff Credits

fix the problem with the song Masato Nakamura - Staff Credits, this is the only song i can't play in OSU to unlock the Video Game Pack vol.1 achievement. Fast Response!!!
Actually, the thread title is named that. The Beatmap Listing is marked as Masato Nakamura. There's no real effect to changing it or not.

Adding a Heart to this thread.

If you really want to get the achievement that bad, download the song from a Beatmap Pack.
LuigiHann
The download here was broken, (osz contained a 0kb mp3 file and no osu files) so I got the non-broken version (thanks crzynoob) and fixed it. So if you were having trouble before, delete the map and redownload it now, it should work.
GigaClon
I thought that all ranked beatmaps had to have a background?
Sakura
Things were pretty different 3 years ago you know
Topic Starter
Sinistro
Actually I had one put in (Sonic's title screen) but it disappeared for some reason. After all, I had put a background in my first map, so no reason not to put one in this one too.