Memme - China Dress [OsuMania|Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
105
show more
Zare

Aqo wrote:

no posts yet?

beautiful map. gogo speedrank
cheesiest

Estellia- wrote:

00:01:396 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - I hate you just for this. elaborate
00:16:053 (5,6) - Distance is too great !??!! seems fine
00:22:653 (8,9,10,11,12) - ^ !?!?! kind of fits song lol and tbh ........... ..... .... it's fine
00:50:767 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This part can have more beats to it it could but it will not
01:16:825 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - Holy shit elaborate

I can only mod this overall, because if I did go into detail this page would be loaded. First off, your beginning contains too many squares, try to utilize other patterns. Also, with only hitcircles at the start will make the map boring. Spaced streams are a horror to play, so try to not have too many of those. An Extra would be more jumpy than it is streamy, so take note of that. Quite some copied patterns as well. I also cannot emphasize enough on distance snapping, distance snapping and distance snapping. Flow is also a major problem. Although streamy Extras are fine IMO, your streams somehow feel wrong and placed wrong. Not your best work if I had to judge.

ok cool, im gonna map a streamy song w/ !!!!!!!!!!!!!! jumps HAHHAHA yeah YEAH just jumps
what are you talking about distance snap? i have consistent spacing throughout the diff +the patterns are varied but you can't see that since you don't really understand how my structure mapping works lmao. and i don't get how my streams are placed wrong and feel wrong or where the flow is a problem. please elaborate
shut up lol

denied all
Yoeri

Estellia- wrote:

Oh my, this is the actual first time I couldn't find even a little bit of mistake in a map. Only certain flow problems such as:
00:13:053 (1,2,3) - This formation may seem boring (There are a few more) I disagree.
00:26:082 (1,2) - More flowy It is.
00:48:710 (3,4) - ^ ^
01:42:882 (1,2) - ^ ^

Good distance snapping BTW. Good normal overall~
00:03:967 (7) - The jump distance from 5 to 6 doesn't fit 6 to 7 What do you mean it doesn't fit?
00:27:625 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1) - I suggest making the stream curve more Don't see why.
00:52:139 (1,2,3,4,5) - Flow looks weird The flow is great.
00:56:253 (1,3) - Make them curve more Why?
00:57:625 (1,2,3,4,5) - Flow seems weird Not really.
01:24:625 (7) - Blanket 1? Ah, fixed.

Honestly, nothing to say about Insane. It's rather plain, and there were many reused patterns. You should also make the chorus more jumpy than the other parts because the chorus is where the song goes HYPE HYPE HYPE. As the Insane should be more stylized, yours will seem much more plain. I like how it's stream-based though.
Emilia
Since all the post here suggest that my mods are practically useless, I really want to see this thing get ranked soon
Zexous
TEAR BRO SORRY FOR LATE, LIFE HAPPENED

Low wrote:

[Zexous' Hard]
00:01:396 (1) - finish for emphasis uh...ok
00:16:825 (3) - add a whistle here like you did for the previous two circles? it sounds off not to have a whistle due to the higher pitch in the music whoops, yeah
00:20:253 (4) - remove the finish here. the sound isn't in the music ok
00:23:339 (1) - finish; it's in the music. ok
00:58:653 (7,1) - you should make this a small jump. i think it'd work well with the one note combo. o-okay...
01:16:825 (1,2,3,4,1) - these almost-overlapping sliders are kind of ugly. please space them out by a grid or two so they don't overlap ok
01:22:139 (1,2) - i don't think it's a good idea to have such a sudden, large jump, especially in a hard difficulty. i strongly recommend doing something such as this that gives players more leniency in terms of hitting the notes deal
01:23:167 (5) - this should be snapped to 1/6 fixed
01:28:139 (3) - add a whistle here for the same reason as previously mentioned.
02:00:710 (1) - remove the finish from the end of this slider. it ruins the emphasis of the next finish okay

Estellia- wrote:

00:15:796 (3,4) - Rather forced ? This feels very natural to me
00:23:339 (1,2,3,4,5) - Feels weird I don't see the problem
00:24:367 (5,1) - Looks weird with broken flow Intentional
01:07:225 (1,2) - Fix this I quite like it
01:18:539 (2,3) - Transition of the sliders seem awkward, maybe curve slider 3 to resemble 00:47:339 (4) - Doesn't work as well
01:26:425 (1,2,3,4) - Feels weird Moved pattern a bit away
01:29:167 (1,2) - Fix this I still quite like it
01:52:825 (2,3) - Looks unnatural How?
01:55:225 (1,2,3) - Looks awkward Tried several things, in the end all I could do was just curve it more

I like the beat placement and blanketting thing, its been fun modding your map because there were only flow and pattern problems. I like it~
Thank you for modding and sorry for delay!

http://puu.sh/b6AKB/8d8247c685.osu
TicClick
cheesiest's Expert
  1. 01:12:710 (1) - I don't really get why do you tend to skip finish at the times like this one. A normal addition would work just fine


Yoeri's Insane
  1. You may want to lower normal claps' volume in the very beginning (00:00:025 ~ 00:09:282). Also, I'd add them to 00:09:967 (3,7) (or soft ones at the very least, although none of these samplesets represent the actual "techno" clap)
  2. 02:01:567 (4) - whistle is correct but still sounds wrong


[Zexous' Hard]
  1. 00:18:539 (4) and 00:21:282 (4) and 00:26:767 (5) - (sorry, commas will break the timestamps) the clap sounds unnecessary
  2. 00:28:482 (1) and 00:31:225 (1) - and 00:36:710 (1) - I think patten combos are incorrect and therefore should be changed; you can use Yoeri's Insane as an example of everything
  3. 00:30:025 (4) - a new combo would be cool
  4. 01:18:539 (2) - how about you start adding claps again?
  5. 01:22:139 (1,2) - this is Hard, not Insane. Reduce the jump
  6. 01:59:682 (2,3) - ^
    1. 00:01:396 (1) -
    2. 00:12:367 (1) -
    3. 00:39:796 (1) - ?
    4. 00:50:767 (1) -
    5. 00:56:253 (1) -
    6. 01:01:739 (1) -
    7. 01:04:482 (1) -
    8. 01:05:853 (1) -
    9. 01:07:225 (1) -
    10. 01:12:710 (1) -
    11. 01:23:682 (1) -
    12. 01:29:167 (1) -
    13. 01:31:910 (1) -
    14. 01:33:282 (1) -
    15. 01:34:653 (1) -
    16. 01:37:396 (1,2,3) -
    17. 01:40:482 (1) -
    18. 01:42:882 (1) -
    19. 01:44:253 (1) -
    20. 01:45:625 (1) -
    21. 01:48:367 (1,2,3) -
    22. 01:59:339 (1) -


    Why?


[Priti's Easy]
  1. 00:29:853 (2) - a normal finish would fit that whooosh sound way more than a soft one (not speaking of the horrible soft clap you set here for some weird reason)
  2. 00:32:253 (2) and 00:35:339 (2) - see above
  3. 00:50:767 (4) - should be a bit further from the slider like (2) in 00:49:053 (2,3) -
  4. 00:56:253 (1) - soft clap sounds poor with soft finish
  5. 00:58:996 (1) - this drum whistle is, uh, beyond poor, like, it doesn't fit the music at all


good that I didn't just scroll through it


anyway, notify me when your guests fix (I hope) their diffs
Yoeri

TicClick wrote:

Yoeri's Insane
  1. You may want to lower normal claps' volume in the very beginning (00:00:025 ~ 00:09:282). Also, I'd add them to 00:09:967 (3,7) (or soft ones at the very least, although none of these samplesets represent the actual "techno" clap) I did add those claps, but I don't think it's necessary to lower the volume, since the percussion itself is not lower in volume than later in the song.
  2. 02:01:567 (4) - whistle is correct but still sounds wrong Sounds better with whistle than without. :/
Avena
Only fixed the spacing error that occurred due to a random SV Change I didn't plan on having.
The hitsounds are kept because I feel like they all emphasize the song better than what you suggested, The drum whistle is kept because I have no other idea for what to put there.
http://puu.sh/belNH.osu
cheesiest

TicClick wrote:

cheesiest's Expert
  1. 01:12:710 (1) - I don't really get why do you tend to skip finish at the times like this one. A normal addition would work just fine added whistle since idk what u want lmao
TicClick

cheesiest wrote:

TicClick wrote:

cheesiest's Expert
  1. 01:12:710 (1) - I don't really get why do you tend to skip finish at the times like this one. A normal addition would work just fine added whistle since idk what u want lmao
cheesiest
whoops lmao

normal hitfinish

http://puu.sh/bfsg5/36144908b2.txt diff
Zexous

TicClick wrote:

[Zexous' Hard]
  1. 00:18:539 (4) and 00:21:282 (4) and 00:26:767 (5) - (sorry, commas will break the timestamps) the clap sounds unnecessary I hear three equal beats there, it sounds imbalanced with claps on only 2. Keeping
  2. 00:28:482 (1) and 00:31:225 (1) - and 00:36:710 (1) - I think patten combos are incorrect and therefore should be changed; you can use Yoeri's Insane as an example of everything RUDE and I revised combos but not really using Yoeri's
  3. 00:30:025 (4) - a new combo would be cool HEY NICE THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT TO DO IN PREVIOUS SUGGESTION
  4. 01:18:539 (2) - how about you start adding claps again? I...I don't like your sass...
  5. 01:22:139 (1,2) - this is Hard, not Insane. Reduce the jump O-..o-okay...
  6. 01:59:682 (2,3) - ^ C-...can I actually keep this?..
    1. 00:01:396 (1) -
    2. 00:12:367 (1) -
    3. 00:39:796 (1) - ?
    4. 00:50:767 (1) -
    5. 00:56:253 (1) -
    6. 01:01:739 (1) -
    7. 01:04:482 (1) -
    8. 01:05:853 (1) -
    9. 01:07:225 (1) -
    10. 01:12:710 (1) -
    11. 01:23:682 (1) -
    12. 01:29:167 (1) -
    13. 01:31:910 (1) -
    14. 01:33:282 (1) -
    15. 01:34:653 (1) -
    16. 01:37:396 (1,2,3) -
    17. 01:40:482 (1) -
    18. 01:42:882 (1) -
    19. 01:44:253 (1) -
    20. 01:45:625 (1) -
    21. 01:48:367 (1,2,3) -
    22. 01:59:339 (1) -


    Why?
    Sorry, my headset is not top notch quality, thank you
http://puu.sh/bkqJ7/efbe3199a7.osu
TicClick
Fullerene-
oh wow this is actually happening
Rumia-
mania diffs are fine for me ! ill discuss with other mode bats ! wait me
Avena
My sister stole my netstick, If there is any change needed feel free to apply it for me as long as it isn't retarded
Edit: I got a new one 15 minutes later lol
TicClick
After a discussion with some of standard BATs, I have to pop my own bubble, mainly for huge difficulty gap between Normal and Hard.
I'll edit this post and also remod Insane.
Avena
#BlameZexous2014
Zexous

Priti wrote:

#BlameZexous2014
Happened on far east nightbird too just now. And on smooooch way back when, I think.
#BlameZexous2014
Topic Starter
Tear
This is about the least helpful you could possibly be.

  1. What makes the gap big exactly?
  2. Why is the hard->insane gap acceptable when it's just 0.1 smaller?
  3. What diffs should be modified?
  4. This is a mania mapset, standard is the secondary mode here. Historically, secondary modes were allowed to have HUGE gaps, even very recently.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply