forum

Got an Ipad for Christmas and have one question.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
McMatus
I always wanted to try out OSU with a Tablet and since i have a iPad mini now i want to try it.

But is it ok to use the iPad as a Tablet for Osu? (Like is it the same?)
What kind of pen do i need?(Amazon link would be the best)

And just generall question with playing on a Tablet.

Do you play only on your tablet(Without the pc) or use the pc Minotor as a screen where you look at and the Tablet where you move your pen.

TakuMii
That's a tablet computer, which is not the kind of tablet that people use for osu!. What people use is a graphics tablet, like a Wacom Intuos.
uzzi
I heard there was a way to do it with android devices, so there might be a way to do it.
kouzuki_karen

YayMii wrote:

That's a tablet computer, which is not the kind of tablet that people use for osu!. What people use is a graphics tablet, like a Wacom Intuos.
If you're willing to spend some more money (haha Apple) then there will most likely be some apps in the App Store that give you that functionality.
Spyrunite
I was looking into this awhile ago. The best option I could find was an app called splash top that would let you use your iPad as another monitor. I would think from that point there is probably a way to set it up to duplicate the image to the iPad and use that, but I'm just guessing. Either way that would all be happening wirelessly which introduces lag and I just became uninterested. You can look around but you won't be getting near the performance of a graphics tablet on your iPad.
laport

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

I heard there was a way to do it with android devices, so there might be a way to do it.
I heard from people that this actually works https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nput&hl=en

so ignore all the negative assumptions and try to find something similar from the app store!
Shohei Ohtani
A big issue with an iPad is that you're gonna be forced to use your fingers. It might be a bit weird depending on your play style I guess

Osu is not optimized for iPads (although you should check out osu!stream in the Apple Store), so is imagine that it'd be buggy if you found something that could run .exe files from a computer on an iPad, especially something that requires perfect input down to the millisecond.
Jarby
That is definitely more than one question.
kouzuki_karen

CDFA wrote:

Osu is not optimized for iPads (although you should check out osu!stream in the Apple Store), so is imagine that it'd be buggy if you found something that could run .exe files from a computer on an iPad, especially something that requires perfect input down to the millisecond.
You'll never find anything in the App Store/Cydia that will let you run EXE files natively on the iPad, because most programs you use on the computer (including osu!) are not compiled to run on an ARM CPU (which is what an iPad uses).

The closest you'll ever get to seeing real desktop osu! on your iPad is using VNC or some other Remote Desktop solution, and I wouldn't even bother with that since those things stream the entire desktop to your iPad, and there will be a lot of latency no matter how fast your wireless connection is.

You could use your iPad as a remote trackpad though, not sure about the latency with that.