forum

Getting Finger-Tied

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Me168
So I've been working on Caravan Place - Dragons for a while and I've noticed that it's difficult for me to do the Hit-Slide Pattern that happens frequently.

Though I know that it will take more practice to get better with it and obviously playing Scarlet Rose, what are some good maps that you would recommend to get use to that pattern excluding Scarlet Rose
Weed
Something like this? also scarlet rose
idkhowtoclick
@ Example B
Just "alternate" that.. like K1K2 or K2K1.
Topic Starter
Me168

idkhowtoclick wrote:

@ Example B
Just "alternate" that.. like K1K2 or K2K1.
I've tried doing (Since I use Z & X) an ZXZX pattern and the ZXXZZXXZ Pattern and either way it is getting me tied up (Especially transitioning out of the pattern for the ZXXZZXXZ, which works a bit better)
idkhowtoclick
you have only 3k pc.. so you shouldn't be worried that much yet.. just play the game for now.
Slith
alternate everything
Soarezi

Slith wrote:

alternate everything
sure if you want to become shit at the game, go ahead and alternate
buny
not really much to say other than to practice.

playing it a lot will make you more familiar with double notes and alternating

Soarezi wrote:

Slith wrote:

alternate everything
sure if you want to become shit at the game, go ahead and alternate
not sure how it makes you "shit"
RaneFire
Why single-tap something that "reads" as a double? I alternate those (the hit-slide too) and I'm a single-tapper... because it's easier.

You could try some of these: link
Anything with a (2) in comments.
phoenny
Wow i cant believe people are that mean.

It has a reason there arent much pro's that alternate cuz its harder to learn and harder to master. I can do both why do people even care about playstyle anymore?

And also playing those pattern is more comfortable with alternating for me atleast.
AmaiHachimitsu
Treat them as two doubles (so normally the sequence would be k1k2 - k1k2) with just holding the slider.

And notice the distance is quite huge taking into account the time gap, so be quick as not to gain 100s.
Myke B
I had the habit of single taping everything, and specifically remember not being able to do that song when I started. Switch to alternating or just practice it if you already do. That's all anybody can really say lol. practice.
WolfCoder
You'll have to try all the hitting methods so you can switch them on the dime during songs if you're going for endurance, accuracy, or speed- whichever hit method gives you what as it's different for everybody.
Soarezi
Alternating everything affects the later game, your stamina will become incredibly horrible, you can't stream for long and you cannot compete with the end game anymore.
phoenny
If so.. What if you can singletap really fast already but still alternate, wont make a difference right? I can do both. just my snapping is bad thats why i mixx it up sometimes.

inb4 "why you alternate if u can singletap" ~
Soarezi
Note: by singletap i mean constant 250bpm or more mixed up with streams, if you have the stamina and speed to do that, you're in really REALLY good shape
And you wreck any alternate players
Negri_sk
Single tap is the way to go
WolfCoder
I'm still trying to figure out how to tap, but I just tried comparing alternating trills to single tapping the trills and, when I was fast enough, the accuracy was much better and I didn't lose my place on the snapping when single tapping. I really hate it when I agree with the people who just blurt out the answer like its the only one.

It's going to take a hell of a lot of practice for me to be able to single tap the faster trills though.
Topic Starter
Me168

Soarezi wrote:

Note: by singletap i mean constant 250bpm or more mixed up with streams, if you have the stamina and speed to do that, you're in really REALLY good shape
And you wreck any alternate players
I do a weird combonation of both Alternating and Single-Taping

So instead of doing a ZZZZZZ/XXXXXX or ZXZXZX pattern, it's more like ZZXZXX, and I can do either Single Tapping or Alternating (Though I am a much stronger alternator, my Single tapping is decent)
buny

Soarezi wrote:

Alternating everything affects the later game, your stamina will become incredibly horrible, you can't stream for long and you cannot compete with the end game anymore.
no it doesn't.
Soarezi

buny wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

no it doesn't.
tell me a good alternating player that plays better than anyone that can singletap 260+ and stream the same amount for a long time
buny
not many players to begin with can singletap 260+ and stream it too
JK1_old
i singletap with 1 finger when im tired to 2 finger
thelewa
if you want to get faster at streams and such, alternating is the lazy and worse alternative

it provides immediate improvement in the playing fast patterns and such, but you're still fucked in streams. People who take the time and effort to become able to singletap said fast patterns will also be able to stream the fast streams
show more