forum

Hello Everyone!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Turpin2009
Hello forum posters, my name is Turpin and I am completely new to this world of free downloads and 'beatmaps' etcetera, so any help with playing the game would be greatly appreciated.

To give you some background about myself: I live in England and attend College, with my two great passions of football (soccer) and video gaming helping me through some tough times! I first played Elite Beat Agents on the DS about a year ago, and despite initial sceptism it absolutely blew me away. The songs, the humour, the storyline but most of all the ridiculously addicitve rhythm had me hooked, and even after days of gameplay I still loved it to bits. I've been long searching for something to follow on from EBA, with some poor quality 'level creator' gimmicks and scarce news on EBA2 leaving me dissappointed.

However, when I searched 'google' for an EBA playlist to go on my MP3 player, I stumbled across a video demo of Osu!. It looked absolutely fantastic and with some incredible gameplay options (Classic Nintendo Tunes with EBA gameplay = 8-) ) and so I've literally just downloaded it now, and I'm shocked. For such an in depth, superlative game to be available for free and made entirely by people like you solely to prolong the joy we all get from these rhythm games is truely amazing, and I thank you the creators from the bottom of my heart for giving me what will be hundreds and hundreds of hours of immense gameplay to enjoy.

So, love in complete, hello to the commutiy here at the Osu! forums and I look forward to meeting and greeting you in the days to come!
Pokebis
We're certainly glad to have you on board! It's great that you enjoy this so much!
I do want to point out this application is made nearly 100% by peppy. He's incredibly open to new ideas and if you can think of anything to improve on you can post in the suggestions forum. He is a bit stubborn sometimes, though. Anyways, welcome to the osu! hotel and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Also osu! is not capitalized.
Topic Starter
Turpin2009
Thankyou very much for the welcome, I have been playing osu! ever since I've posted that original message and frankly I feel I've not even skimmed the surface yet! I've downloaded all the EBA tracks as well as a few all time classics, plus some great rhythm tracks which I'd never heard of until I saw the ratings given by more experienced members. The custom Queen track 'Don't stop me now' was a paricular highlight with th humourous EBA and Phoenix stylings.

The only two minor gripes I have even after all these hours of non-stop gaming (which shows just how highly I appreciate peppy's magnificent work) are that I am struggling with the 'spin' sections, and that The Beatles (obviously a famous band, but their music would fit perfectly with osu!) do not feature on the tracklist.

Otherwise it's simply the greatest thing since sliced bread, remarkable to have this for free off singular downloads! ;)
eee
Hello and Welcome to Osu!

yep, the game is pretty awesome that it's freeware with so much depth. Glad to also see you like the EBA games.

As of the Beatles, LuigiHann made a pretty awesome medley which can give you your quick osu fix of the Beatles http://osu.ppy.sh/s/6446. I'm guessing you've already found that but want more, but there's plenty sections of songs there

Have fun
kideddie1501
Welcome to the fabulous community of osu!
Topic Starter
Turpin2009
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
[deleted user]
Hello my cool dudes and Welcome to Osu..
I am new at this community such cool for gaming and fun. OK OK ... My intro i am Emma from US i like hard rock videos i favorite is snoop dog its hot..
Enjoy the cool one OSU... 8-)
Cheery

emmabooth wrote:

Hello my cool dudes and Welcome to Osu..
I am new at this community such cool for gaming and fun. OK OK ... My intro i am Emma from US i like hard rock videos i favorite is snoop dog its hot..
Enjoy the cool one OSU... 8-)
snoop dog ?
haha

ot - welcome ^^
awp
From US, India
YoshiKart
Hey, welcome to osu!. :)