forum

First Place = Lose PP?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zxcv
So I beat this guy on a song, hence got first place on it, but when i completed the song, I lost 11pp, so I went down 40 places. 1650-1697, I don't know why it happened, and it really frustrates me. After all that hardwork. http://osu.ppy.sh/b/45176?m=0 This is said song.
MaziJoker
For grinding FL, you deserved it. I guess.
Da Holy One
people will prob just say that you rank fell on other maps and it didnt update until you placed higher on this map. Personally I dont really believe that but its hard to find proof against it since its all hidden from view
iSpR1Te
Well, I'm guessing you had better accuracy when you were in second place than what you have in first with 96% now. 96% accuracy is pretty low actually. The pp system is weighted by accuracy quite a bit higher compared to #rank, so thats probably why you lost pp.
strikeR

MaziJoker wrote:

For grinding FL, you deserved it. I guess.
xD
magzh

Quote: "Getting closer to 100% is exponentially better"
Lach

magzh wrote:

Quote: "Getting closer to 100% is exponentially better"
The fact that it says peppy 2012, and ranks under #500 don't count means you should take that graphic with a grain of salt. Any number of things could have changed between then and now.
buny
accuracy does play a big deal when pp is involved

i usually get 0 pp for ~96% acc but get huge pp at 99%+
Mikelicious
First place? Not anymoaaar
- Marco -
pp updates when adding/removing them...
aizhid

Da Holy One wrote:

people will prob just say that you rank fell on other maps and it didnt update until you placed higher on this map. Personally I dont really believe that but its hard to find proof against it since its all hidden from view

same. I consecutively placed rank 500+ on several songs at once and my rank kept getting worse and worse.
peppy
it means you suck (relative to other players).