osu!tablet feedback

posted
Total Posts
315
show more
mockingod
Have you tried changing out the battery or cable? My tablet seems fine so far, and it was from one of the very first batches. It (very rarely) will 'die' out for a few milliseconds and causes me to mess up in a song. It isn't enough to make me super mad, and I'm pretty sure it's due to my cable being a bit faulty. I'm also thinking it might be the battery in the pen maybe somehow jiggling out of place momentarily.

I'd suggest trying a different cable first, though. The first cable I had, that came with the tablet, would give the tablet power only if it was in a certain position, then would disconnect if I tried doing anything. I snipped the cable and cut out which part I thought was bad (I jiggled my wire a lot and saw that if I jiggled this certain section it would disconnect/connect) and taped the wires inside back together and it worked perfectly fine (though it would disconnect if any of the wires touched each other. Understandable). Of course this was only a temporary fix until I got a replacement cable.
ShiraiiiKuroko

mockingod wrote:

Have you tried changing out the battery or cable? My tablet seems fine so far, and it was from one of the very first batches. It (very rarely) will 'die' out for a few milliseconds and causes me to mess up in a song. It isn't enough to make me super mad, and I'm pretty sure it's due to my cable being a bit faulty. I'm also thinking it might be the battery in the pen maybe somehow jiggling out of place momentarily.

I'd suggest trying a different cable first, though. The first cable I had, that came with the tablet, would give the tablet power only if it was in a certain position, then would disconnect if I tried doing anything. I snipped the cable and cut out which part I thought was bad (I jiggled my wire a lot and saw that if I jiggled this certain section it would disconnect/connect) and taped the wires inside back together and it worked perfectly fine (though it would disconnect if any of the wires touched each other. Understandable). Of course this was only a temporary fix until I got a replacement cable.
What's a good replacement cable for this tablet? It's been working fine all this time, but today when i connected it to my laptop it didn't turn on at all. I'm on Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64. After updating it still worked fine, I've tried it, so it can't be a compatibility issue. i've switched the battery too and nothing. And i actually have the same problem you used to have.

Oh, and i forgot to mention, yes i have tried putting it in certain positions so it can work and I tried reinstalling the drivers. Nothing came out of those two.
mockingod
Your problem sounds much like mine. However, mine would blink a few times when I plugged it in, then stop working.

I believe the type of cable that the tablet uses is called a USB A to Micro B cable. You can find these on google and such, but a lot of things use these cables; I believe some cameras and cell phone chargers use these cables, so you may want to check your drawer full of cables if you have one.

If it still doesn't work, then you might have either found another cable that was broken or your tablet is out of commission.
DeamonHunter

mockingod wrote:

Your problem sounds much like mine. However, mine would blink a few times when I plugged it in, then stop working.

I believe the type of cable that the tablet uses is called a USB A to Micro B cable. You can find these on google and such, but a lot of things use these cables; I believe some cameras and cell phone chargers use these cables, so you may want to check your drawer full of cables if you have one.

If it still doesn't work, then you might have either found another cable that was broken or your tablet is out of commission.
Not necessarily.

Recently I've had a few issues, generally when moving the tablet. The tablet stop responding and either needs one of two things, 1. Take out usb port long enough for driver to stop or 2. Restart comp cause driver won't stop. However these are minor, and the tablet works fine anyway.

After looking at this thread earlier, I thought to try and see if a random USB to Micro USB cable would work, however it did not. It would receive power but not respond. It may still be a good thing to try if the cable has gone entirely.
ErunamoJAZZ
or.. is a pen issue... maybe...
ShiraiiiKuroko

mockingod wrote:

Your problem sounds much like mine. However, mine would blink a few times when I plugged it in, then stop working.

I believe the type of cable that the tablet uses is called a USB A to Micro B cable. You can find these on google and such, but a lot of things use these cables; I believe some cameras and cell phone chargers use these cables, so you may want to check your drawer full of cables if you have one.

If it still doesn't work, then you might have either found another cable that was broken or your tablet is out of commission.
I had this too! Hopefully it's just a cable issue. Thanks! ^^
DeamonHunter
Ok, well I have another problem now.
I just had my pen nib jammed up into my pen (Probably due to moving it around, car trips etc). So I had to take time to try and get it out. Upon getting it out and replacing it with another nib, I tried it out. My tablet was then recognising clicks when the pen was half a centimeter(not the full distance that it can detect) away from the tablet. This made it extremely difficult to do anything. It still did this after removing the nib.

After deliberating for a bit, I managed to get it down to about 2-4mm. But I am wondering whether or not this can be fixed, or will I need a new pen to fix this.
Myrmeleo

DeamonHunter11 wrote:

Ok, well I have another problem now.
I just had my pen nib jammed up into my pen (Probably due to moving it around, car trips etc). So I had to take time to try and get it out. Upon getting it out and replacing it with another nib, I tried it out. My tablet was then recognising clicks when the pen was half a centimeter(not the full distance that it can detect) away from the tablet. This made it extremely difficult to do anything. It still did this after removing the nib.

After deliberating for a bit, I managed to get it down to about 2-4mm. But I am wondering whether or not this can be fixed, or will I need a new pen to fix this.
I've managed to do this before, but mine was worse. I ended up just shaking the heck out of the pen till everything got re aligned, and it started working perfectly.


However, on my previous problem, I switched out the battery, and it seemed to have gotten worse. Next bet is to try and switch out the cable.
Espionage724


On my tablet, I noticed that I have a ton of scratches all focused in an area that's basically towards the middle-right of the tablet's drawing area. Anyone else have such a thing happening?

It's not a (huge) problem, I just found it kind of interesting.
Otsutsuki

Espionage724 wrote:



On my tablet, I noticed that I have a ton of scratches all focused in an area that's basically towards the middle-right of the tablet's drawing area. Anyone else have such a thing happening?

It's not a (huge) problem, I just found it kind of interesting.
you can just hover or get the cover for it...
ShiraiiiKuroko

mockingod wrote:

Your problem sounds much like mine. However, mine would blink a few times when I plugged it in, then stop working.

I believe the type of cable that the tablet uses is called a USB A to Micro B cable. You can find these on google and such, but a lot of things use these cables; I believe some cameras and cell phone chargers use these cables, so you may want to check your drawer full of cables if you have one.

If it still doesn't work, then you might have either found another cable that was broken or your tablet is out of commission.
I got the cable you recommended me, it wasn't it.

It's actually a USB A to Mini B Cable.
It fits the tablet and now it works perfectly.
You should fix that small mistake.

Also, just in case anybody is wondering, i bought this cable:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E9I ... UTF8&psc=1
Cheap but it works.
mockingod
Sorry, I realized I posted the wrong thing a bit after, and couldnt get to changing it because I had a trip to attend.
thedarkjack
aaaand the usb cable broke. other than that it's a nice tablet though. just seems like the cable is complete trash.
peppy
Were you moving the device around a lot and/or plugging it in a lot? I haven't had any issues with the few I've had floating around the office here, so am a bit surprised. At least it's a very easy part to replace.
Vuelo Eluko
Fragile cables seem to be a thematic thing for graphic tablets. Wacom Bamboo's all have the same fault. I guess noone ever thinks they need to be tougher and so they're all cell phone charging wire levels of durable.
thedarkjack

peppy wrote:

Were you moving the device around a lot and/or plugging it in a lot? I haven't had any issues with the few I've had floating around the office here, so am a bit surprised. At least it's a very easy part to replace.
nope. always handled the cable with care, never plugged it out. apparently it broke very near to the mini b plug. if I move the cable around that area the tablet "works" again. and by "works" I mean it stops working as soon as the cable moves :)

I'll just get a new cable. not a big deal.
Catgirl
I can also vouch for the cable also not being as sturdy as I had hoped. The cable will not stay connected in my laptop's right-side USB port (which is admittedly loose, but anything else I plug in there works fine), but it works fine in the two on the other side. Thankfully the cord is long enough so I can wrap it around to the other side and still play comfortably.
InvalidName
The usb cable doesn't work if I coil it, but it works fine once I wrap it around my laptop.
shavitush
I lost my nib, then I found out my mother threw my replacements because she thought it's trash -_-
peppy
Please send me an email to pe@ppy.sh and I can provide some more nibs.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply