forum

osu!tablet feedback

posted
Total Posts
show more
Giralda
Mines came in on the 7th and didn't get a chance to try it out until today. I've got to say, I really enjoy pressing that pen tip every once in a while.

Still trying to adjust my area to stop myself from overshooting my cursor.
thelewa

peppy wrote:

If the drivers don't work, please uninstall them. I will be adding native osu! support in the next few weeks.
pls gibe soon, the only tablet I have to play with is the osu!tablet right now ,_,
thelewa
aws so basically the drivers only work on windows 8

that sucks I won't be able to play osu! now ,_,
NyaoNyao_old_1
Just got my tablet couple days ago. Can anyone give me some insight on how to do spinners on the tablet? most of the times it would get stuck midway through doing a spinner is there an angle where you're supposed to spin the pen at or it just takes more practice? Everything else is fine for me just the spinners are a pain in the ass.
Legxis

thelewa wrote:

No, works fine for me on 7 with the zip I linked to.

kaosboi wrote:

Just got my tablet couple days ago. Can anyone give me some insight on how to do spinners on the tablet? most of the times it would get stuck midway through doing a spinner is there an angle where you're supposed to spin the pen at or it just takes more practice? Everything else is fine for me just the spinners are a pain in the ass.
I personally try to hold the hand more stiff with the cursor being in the center and vibrate my ellbow. There are probably other great ways too, just try some different techniques on Tewi-Park.
thelewa

Legxis wrote:

thelewa wrote:

No, works fine for me on 7 with the zip I linked to.
doesn't work on W7

also quality response from osu!staff as always
JappyBabes

thelewa wrote:

doesn't work on W7
w0rkd4me
thelewa
as in worked, do you mean that you can adjust the settings and such

if so, give detailed instructions ples

did you uninstall the wacom drivers
Aq0_old
Just got mine. How do I change active area?
thelewa
HOW INDEED
Gumica
I got mine today. I have to say, I like it more than Wacom CTL480 tablet. Here is some feedback after an hour of playing.

- Pen weight is a bit unbalanced cause of the battery in the back.
- Because of it's heavier pen, I feel like I have better control of in game movement.
- Full Active Area seems perfect size for me
- My spinner rotation speed reduced by 40-80 rpm lol (will have to get used to it)
- Clicking (tapping) on it feels much better than on a Wacom one.
- It's also much more stable (CTL480 was always sliding a bit when i hit it)

For a 30$ tablet, it's a great deal.
[ Stellar ]

thelewa wrote:

HOW INDEED
Do you have any unnecessary USB/Programs opened?
Put in your CD WITHOUT the tablet plugged in, then you should get a pop-up to run the program set up.
Choose your OS, and then follow through with installation steps.
Reboot, then plug in your tablet. You should get a tablet client application on your task bar.
Click once -> run

It should work on winxp, vista, 7, or 8 (I have vista)
Some common problems might be your antivirus is rejecting the program, so it might be okay to disable it for a few minutes.
ErunamoJAZZ

[ Stellar ] wrote:

thelewa wrote:

HOW INDEED
...(I have vista)
oh my... x.X
------------------

well... lately I've considered getting this tablet as it becomes available. But even I have a couple of questions:
1) How long does the energy of a 800mAh battery in the pen?
2) The surface of the tablet is cold? or heated using?

I am very concerned about the second question. Thanks for your reply 8-)
Cheap Love

ErunamoJAZZ wrote:

well... lately I've considered getting this tablet as it becomes available. But even I have a couple of questions:

I can't answer the first as i have only had the tablet for a short amount of time but for the second one, it depends. What i mean is that it VERY slowly gets warmer, but never "heated" as to a point where i could find it even close to annoying (i have not played for countless hours in a row though). Also i should be adding that i live in sweden (north region of the world) and right now it's pretty cold everywhere.(my hands are like ice.. not really but close) So maybe im not the best person to answer for the heating.
hope i understood your question correctly :D
Aq0_old
All right

Pictures:
I found out how to change the active area. DON'T DO IT! The current active area is perfect.

I think that this tablet is very cheap, compared to most used tablets - Wacoms.
I never used a tablet, so it's kinda hard to get used, but I'm already able to do some insane maps, did FREEDMAN [Insane] in like my 2nd hour of using it, after using mouse for all time long, as hard it was to switch from a 5$ mouse straight to a dual sensor (Razer Imperator 4g) mouse, it's even easier to get used to this tablet.
It's very cool that I can use the back of the pen to turn it on and off, I doubt my battery will ever be empty.

It has 3 buttons, actually 4.
1 - Pen tap on tablet - It's very easy to pen tap with the tablet, though it's hard to do that while I play, I practice using the tablet by using it for everything but FPS games, and I find it very easy to click, I even play MapleStory with that.
2. Closest button to the pen's nib - That's like I press the mouse wheel, so I can use the tablet to browse the internet without scrolling using that thingy on the side, by just holding it and dragging down the pen.
3. Next button to the previous one - That's right click, actually it's very hard to use it in general (atleast for me), so I don't use it at all.
4. Pen back button - I can press the button on the back of the pen to turn it on and off, pretty useful to save battery. :D

Last thing I can say about the pen - it's damn easy to use. Much easier than using a regular pen that you use to write, since it's heavy (because of the battery) I have more control.

So, in summary - it worths the money more than a normal Wacom tablet and the size is perfect, not too big and not so small so I can actually control my movements.

ErunamoJAZZ wrote:

1. It should last for 4,000 hours of constant use, I just turn off the pen when I don't play osu/draw.
2. It's cold, I doubt you want it to heat and fry.
Blueprint
Thank you for your email.

I have checked the tracking number you have provided and I can confirm this parcel is out for delivery today.

Our hours of delivery are normally between 7am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. In the event our driver finds no one home at the delivery address, they may leave your parcel with a neighbour or take the item to the local post office for you to collect, notice will be left to advise you of his actions.
Natsu
I love it <3, not much difference with a Wacom
Nisekoi
how do you change the tablet area? sorry noob at this stuff

Since my laptop doesn't have a CD-rom, I cant use the CD to install the Drivers, instead i went onto the Huion Site and downloaded the "Huion Driver 7.0" Drivers, is that the right driver to download?

Theres a Tablet Control program in my Start Bar but whenever I open it a small program appears for a split second then disappears. I've tried changing compatibilities and im also running it as an administrators, help please?

Edit: I installed the H420 Drivers and it worked! For Future Reference for users that don't have CD-roms on their laptops/computers, do not download the Huion Driver 7.0, download the H420 Drivers from the HUION website!
FabulousCupcake
It's been nearly a week without update :cry:
I wonder if it works, and if there's a driver for osx as well :roll:
Cheap Love

s4nji wrote:

I got mine 2 days ago, should not be a problem, just have patience, or contact your local post office
http://www.huiontablet.com/download/mac.zip and here is a link to the mac drivers.
givenameplz

s4nji wrote:

This is totally normal, german customs take their time with this.
Expect 1-2 weeks delay for them to thoroughly check your things.
So don't worry.
Also, remember that those updates are not real-time, so it might be in another post office already.

(My imports usually take about 3 weeks in german customs.)
FabulousCupcake

Cheap Love wrote:

s4nji wrote:

I got mine 2 days ago, should not be a problem, just have patience, or contact your local post office
http://www.huiontablet.com/download/mac.zip and here is a link to the mac drivers.

givenameplz wrote:

s4nji wrote:

This is totally normal, german customs take their time with this.
Expect 1-2 weeks delay for them to thoroughly check your things.
So don't worry.
Also, remember that those updates are not real-time, so it might be in another post office already.

(My imports usually take about 3 weeks in german customs.)
Many thanks for the heads up! :D
Blueprint
12-02-2014 15:11 Birmingham South Depot Address problem - unable to locate premises

What a pain I had to ring them for a redelivery tommorow
Synchrostar
welp driver wont install properly if you have wacom drivers on your pc at the same time lel, took me about 2h to figure that out.

does any1 know where the settings file is located?
Ven
I've been using the tablet and am loving it.

I made a review, but I'm too embarrased because I suck at the game.
B r e n d a n
Has anyone else had their pen on/off button break? Mine is stuck in the on position. Worst purchase of my life. I've played with it for probably less than 4 hours total and I turned it on/off probably less than 15 times.

Edit: (ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง
mockingod
jiggle the on/off button a few times. I've had it stuck in the position, but after pressing it a bit, it got 'untangled' and I could press the button without any problems.
tobuei
Been using it for about a week now and so far i am liking it much more than my wacom intuos 5, some key points below.

- In my opinion i have found that the tablet area doesn't need to be scaled at all and i am playing at 2560x1440p resolution

- the nib sometimes hits the tablet but it can be easily removed and the tablet will still function

- I found that my cursor movements are more accurate when using it (probably due to the fact that the area isn't scaled like it was with my Wacom)

- the extra weight from the battery in the pen feels a bit weird at first but after using it for a while i have gotten used to it.

- overall construction feels a little cheap which is understandable considering how much it cost.

- I could not get the settings to show anywhere (Win8) drivers installed ok i think i do still have my wacom drivers installed though i do not really want to uninstall them to test this as i still use the wacom for photoshop, not a big loss for me as i am happy with the out of the box settings.
B r e n d a n

mockingod wrote:

jiggle the on/off button a few times. I've had it stuck in the position, but after pressing it a bit, it got 'untangled' and I could press the button without any problems.
I am jiggling like my life depends on it and it's still stuck.
Ven

br3nd4n3 wrote:

Has anyone else had their pen on/off button break? Mine is stuck in the on position. Worst purchase of my life. I've played with it for probably less than 4 hours total and I turned it on/off probably less than 15 times.

Edit: (ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง(ง •̀_•́)ง
Shoot a message to Peppy about this. I've pressed the button a bunch of times like a normal pen, it still works perfectly.
Aq0_old

br3nd4n3 wrote:

Just tried to re-produce it, no success lol
LuckyStrike_old_1
I've got mine yesterday. I think it's nice. But as for me, tablet area is very small. Although I used only osu! window as active area and full area of my tablet, it was still too small. I feel like that probably because I'm comparing it with CTL470 (full area on 1280x1024 with 1024x768 gamewindow). Also the pen is heavy. It is not really noticeably when playing, but spinning was harder for me. Anyway, I bought it for supporting osu! since I love that game so much, so I'm happy with it. If some day I break my wacom pen or tablet, I'll use osu!tablet, but now I'll be using wacom because of the bigger tablet area.

Also I had a problem with driver, solved by installing this over the CD one (I use W7).
bomber34
tablet arrived today
I was a bit worried about the german customs taking forever but it came pretty fast through

the tablet is awesome :D
the size fits perfect with my desk hehe
even a battery is inclusive ^^ that is something that does not happen always :P
Zexion

Blueprint wrote:

12-02-2014 15:11 Birmingham South Depot Address problem - unable to locate premises

What a pain I had to ring them for a redelivery tommorow
I know that few bro. Postal service here got confused about the number in my address and now I'll probably have to wait another week. :(
Blueprint
I got mine today ^^ it works fine but I really don't know how to position my hands lol.
Valky
Got mine yesterday, works perfectly, no issues whatsoever ( drivers ok (w7), pen is great especially love the rubber band since i tend to sweat)

i especially love its size since i don't have much free space in my desk

Blueprint
I pretty much have that same area ^ lil smaller and completely in the corner
Synchrostar

OneOKValky wrote:

Got mine yesterday, works perfectly, no issues whatsoever ( drivers ok (w7), pen is great especially love the rubber band since i tend to sweat)

i especially love its size since i don't have much free space in my desk

what that is small as fuck

i've played with a small area on my wacom and full area on osutablet is almost the same size
SigLogicalMaxiss
Shipped two days ago and received it an hour or so ago,quickly took it apart and rewires it all to separate the battery from the pen.
This isn't suppose to remove the whole battery entirely,just relocating it
Blueprint
@Synchrostar I would love to use the full area but I feel like if I did that I would have to hover my whole hand :/ here's what I'm using.

show more