forum

osu!tablet feedback

posted
Total Posts
show more
poinyears
I just got my tablet today and was super excited. I pluged it into my computer and it was working fine, then when i opened up osu! the cursor started jumping around really fast. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can fix it?
ztrot
is your mouse speed set to 1.0x? also I just got mine today works like a dream
poinyears

ztrot wrote:

It looks that that fixed it. Thanks a lot!
[ Stellar ]
Got my tablet today, and it seems to work fine.
I had no problem installing the drivers from CD tablet detects the pen perfectly.
The extra battery weight feels real nice, since I am (was) a mouse player.

Overall, great buy if you want a 100% working tablet for a cheap price.
ztrot

poinyears wrote:

ztrot wrote:

It looks that that fixed it. Thanks a lot!
not a problem just doing my job :P
Nyaarlathotep
Question about tablets in general. I keep hearing the terms tapping, dragging and hovering. I'm sure these are self explanatory, but I was wondering what the majority use. I'd assume dragging.
jaspry_old
The quality of the tablet itself is really good.

But since it's my first time using a tablet, I feel like I'm learning everything all over again. Can't find the right pen area that suits me and I'm still getting used to the feel of the pen. I'm surprised I'm even clearing spinners. *-*
Blazened
I don't know how you guys use such big areas cause mines tiny and i still struggle getting from side to side ;-;

ztrot

jaspry wrote:

The quality of the tablet itself is really good.

But since it's my first time using a tablet, I feel like I'm learning everything all over again. Can't find the right pen area that suits me and I'm still getting used to the feel of the pen. I'm surprised I'm even clearing spinners. *-*
seeing as the tablet is so small i personally would suggest full area
SkylXTumn

The Lolian wrote:

can you show your pen area configured where you feel comfortably playing?
I have no idea how to puush stuff, so I'm sorry if you wanted a picture >.>. That said, I use everything as the default except the area, which is 3.54 x 1.99 (85% of the full area).

Blazened wrote:

I don't know how you guys use such big areas cause mines tiny and i still struggle getting from side to side ;-;

I don't think using such a small area would be good for precision... but whatever floats your boat, I guess, since I'm a far cry from even being decent in Osu compared to all the people around here. But, I originally had trouble moving too! All I did was consciously move my wrist widely and just focus on moving my wrist loads to get my cursor to move. Then just after half an hour or so, it sort of became automatic :D
AoOni
It would be good if peppy sell the stylus and tablet separately :D
Marcin
I think stylus is standard one, so you can buy it directly from huion.
Raging Bull

Yamadash wrote:

Question about tablets in general. I keep hearing the terms tapping, dragging and hovering. I'm sure these are self explanatory, but I was wondering what the majority use. I'd assume dragging.
probably hovering.
Lust
itd be cool if osu!'s native support for these includes a mouse/hover mode of some kind
dippidy
mine didn't come with an osu! sticker 0/10.

It's actually quite nice and I prefer it to my wacom
Maki_dicks

Yamadash wrote:

I'm pretty sure most tablet users hover.
ztrot

Maki wrote:

Yamadash wrote:

I'm pretty sure most tablet users hover.

Blueprint
Mine has been in customs since Thursday sadly no updates.
Tifa_old
I just got mine today, and I have a little problem. The tablet work perfectly but I can't go in the setting. The little icon there's supposed to be at the bottom right of the screen doesn't appear, and when I try to go in the files, this (http://puu.sh/6P9wp.png) does not open.
I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but it's always the same.
Does anyone know what should I do?

Edit: I try installing the Osu!Tablet with my boyfriend's computer and it work...
peppy
If the drivers don't work, please uninstall them. I will be adding native osu! support in the next few weeks.
Legxis

Tifa wrote:

I just got mine today, and I have a little problem. The tablet work perfectly but I can't go in the setting. The little icon there's supposed to be at the bottom right of the screen doesn't appear, and when I try to go in the files, this (http://puu.sh/6P9wp.png) does not open.
I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but it's always the same.
Does anyone know what should I do?

Edit: I try installing the Osu!Tablet with my boyfriend's computer and it work...
I got that too before, but I just uninstalled the driver again and installed it from the zip someone in this thread posted instead. While the installation went on, it asked to overwrite files, and I said yes.

Also try this maybe. I did it in the past too:

Blazened wrote:

Would be great if you explained. I have windows 8 and I googled some and found some fixes. I think disabling a service and restarting PC helped a bit.
This is the file http://puu.sh/6Mlvt.rar
Run ViziblrFixMyPen in administator and click 'make everything good'. It will disable windows options that cause problems with tablets :^)
I have windows 8 as well just so you know
Keep trying, good luck =)
Giralda
Mines came in on the 7th and didn't get a chance to try it out until today. I've got to say, I really enjoy pressing that pen tip every once in a while.

Still trying to adjust my area to stop myself from overshooting my cursor.
thelewa

peppy wrote:

If the drivers don't work, please uninstall them. I will be adding native osu! support in the next few weeks.
pls gibe soon, the only tablet I have to play with is the osu!tablet right now ,_,
thelewa
aws so basically the drivers only work on windows 8

that sucks I won't be able to play osu! now ,_,
NyaoNyao_old_1
Just got my tablet couple days ago. Can anyone give me some insight on how to do spinners on the tablet? most of the times it would get stuck midway through doing a spinner is there an angle where you're supposed to spin the pen at or it just takes more practice? Everything else is fine for me just the spinners are a pain in the ass.
Legxis

thelewa wrote:

No, works fine for me on 7 with the zip I linked to.

kaosboi wrote:

Just got my tablet couple days ago. Can anyone give me some insight on how to do spinners on the tablet? most of the times it would get stuck midway through doing a spinner is there an angle where you're supposed to spin the pen at or it just takes more practice? Everything else is fine for me just the spinners are a pain in the ass.
I personally try to hold the hand more stiff with the cursor being in the center and vibrate my ellbow. There are probably other great ways too, just try some different techniques on Tewi-Park.
thelewa

Legxis wrote:

thelewa wrote:

No, works fine for me on 7 with the zip I linked to.
doesn't work on W7

also quality response from osu!staff as always
JappyBabes

thelewa wrote:

doesn't work on W7
w0rkd4me
thelewa
as in worked, do you mean that you can adjust the settings and such

if so, give detailed instructions ples

did you uninstall the wacom drivers
Aq0_old
Just got mine. How do I change active area?
thelewa
HOW INDEED
Gumica
I got mine today. I have to say, I like it more than Wacom CTL480 tablet. Here is some feedback after an hour of playing.

- Pen weight is a bit unbalanced cause of the battery in the back.
- Because of it's heavier pen, I feel like I have better control of in game movement.
- Full Active Area seems perfect size for me
- My spinner rotation speed reduced by 40-80 rpm lol (will have to get used to it)
- Clicking (tapping) on it feels much better than on a Wacom one.
- It's also much more stable (CTL480 was always sliding a bit when i hit it)

For a 30$ tablet, it's a great deal.
[ Stellar ]

thelewa wrote:

HOW INDEED
Do you have any unnecessary USB/Programs opened?
Put in your CD WITHOUT the tablet plugged in, then you should get a pop-up to run the program set up.
Choose your OS, and then follow through with installation steps.
Reboot, then plug in your tablet. You should get a tablet client application on your task bar.
Click once -> run

It should work on winxp, vista, 7, or 8 (I have vista)
Some common problems might be your antivirus is rejecting the program, so it might be okay to disable it for a few minutes.
ErunamoJAZZ

[ Stellar ] wrote:

thelewa wrote:

HOW INDEED
...(I have vista)
oh my... x.X
------------------

well... lately I've considered getting this tablet as it becomes available. But even I have a couple of questions:
1) How long does the energy of a 800mAh battery in the pen?
2) The surface of the tablet is cold? or heated using?

I am very concerned about the second question. Thanks for your reply 8-)
Cheap Love

ErunamoJAZZ wrote:

well... lately I've considered getting this tablet as it becomes available. But even I have a couple of questions:

I can't answer the first as i have only had the tablet for a short amount of time but for the second one, it depends. What i mean is that it VERY slowly gets warmer, but never "heated" as to a point where i could find it even close to annoying (i have not played for countless hours in a row though). Also i should be adding that i live in sweden (north region of the world) and right now it's pretty cold everywhere.(my hands are like ice.. not really but close) So maybe im not the best person to answer for the heating.
hope i understood your question correctly :D
Aq0_old
All right

Pictures:
I found out how to change the active area. DON'T DO IT! The current active area is perfect.

I think that this tablet is very cheap, compared to most used tablets - Wacoms.
I never used a tablet, so it's kinda hard to get used, but I'm already able to do some insane maps, did FREEDMAN [Insane] in like my 2nd hour of using it, after using mouse for all time long, as hard it was to switch from a 5$ mouse straight to a dual sensor (Razer Imperator 4g) mouse, it's even easier to get used to this tablet.
It's very cool that I can use the back of the pen to turn it on and off, I doubt my battery will ever be empty.

It has 3 buttons, actually 4.
1 - Pen tap on tablet - It's very easy to pen tap with the tablet, though it's hard to do that while I play, I practice using the tablet by using it for everything but FPS games, and I find it very easy to click, I even play MapleStory with that.
2. Closest button to the pen's nib - That's like I press the mouse wheel, so I can use the tablet to browse the internet without scrolling using that thingy on the side, by just holding it and dragging down the pen.
3. Next button to the previous one - That's right click, actually it's very hard to use it in general (atleast for me), so I don't use it at all.
4. Pen back button - I can press the button on the back of the pen to turn it on and off, pretty useful to save battery. :D

Last thing I can say about the pen - it's damn easy to use. Much easier than using a regular pen that you use to write, since it's heavy (because of the battery) I have more control.

So, in summary - it worths the money more than a normal Wacom tablet and the size is perfect, not too big and not so small so I can actually control my movements.

ErunamoJAZZ wrote:

1. It should last for 4,000 hours of constant use, I just turn off the pen when I don't play osu/draw.
2. It's cold, I doubt you want it to heat and fry.
Blueprint
Thank you for your email.

I have checked the tracking number you have provided and I can confirm this parcel is out for delivery today.

Our hours of delivery are normally between 7am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. In the event our driver finds no one home at the delivery address, they may leave your parcel with a neighbour or take the item to the local post office for you to collect, notice will be left to advise you of his actions.
Natsu
I love it <3, not much difference with a Wacom
Nisekoi
how do you change the tablet area? sorry noob at this stuff

Since my laptop doesn't have a CD-rom, I cant use the CD to install the Drivers, instead i went onto the Huion Site and downloaded the "Huion Driver 7.0" Drivers, is that the right driver to download?

Theres a Tablet Control program in my Start Bar but whenever I open it a small program appears for a split second then disappears. I've tried changing compatibilities and im also running it as an administrators, help please?

Edit: I installed the H420 Drivers and it worked! For Future Reference for users that don't have CD-roms on their laptops/computers, do not download the Huion Driver 7.0, download the H420 Drivers from the HUION website!
FabulousCupcake
It's been nearly a week without update :cry:
I wonder if it works, and if there's a driver for osx as well :roll:
show more