forum

osu!tablet feedback

posted
Total Posts
show more
Starz0r

peppy wrote:

Starz0r wrote:

For some odd reason the tablet does not work, I've installed the drivers and everything but I don't have settings or anything.
It generally does not need drivers installed. Make sure you put the battery in and have turned the pen on.
How do I get to the settings though and change it to my other monitor?

EDIT: I've tried pressing the button and turning it on (battery is in), but it doesn't seem to receive input.
Cheap Love

sudokia wrote:

is it possible to upload the tablet drivers online? I play osu on a laptop but it doesn't have a CD-ROM
check this link out!

http://www.huion-tablet.com/download/
peppy

Starz0r wrote:

EDIT: I've tried pressing the button and turning it on (battery is in), but it doesn't seem to receive input.
battery in wrong way? connected to a USB plug without enough free power? are you sure you are pressing the correct button (the "eraser" end of the pen should be depressed)?
Starz0r

peppy wrote:

Starz0r wrote:

battery in wrong way? connected to a USB plug without enough free power? are you sure you are pressing the correct button (the "eraser" end of the pen should be depressed)?
Done, done and done. I have a 750W PSU, I'm sure it is getting enough power, I can't find the tablet settings either after installing everything from the CD.
AoOni
Peppy should the pen nib be touching the tablet or not:?:
Starz0r

Jk_z_slayerz wrote:

Guys follow the instruction manual properly if not the tablet might not work :?:
I have, there are no PenTabletSettings like it said in the Manual. I've tried reinstalling and uninstall the drivers multiple times, restarted my computer around 5 times and I still get nothing, the lights on the tablet work, but I just don't get much input from it.

EDIT: I've also followed the installation settings as prescribed on the manual. Still nothing.
AoOni

Starz0r wrote:

Jk_z_slayerz wrote:

Guys follow the instruction manual properly if not the tablet might not work :?:
I have, there are no PenTabletSettings like it said in the Manual. I've tried reinstalling and uninstall the drivers multiple times, restarted my computer around 5 times and I still get nothing, the lights on the tablet work, but I just don't get much input from it.

EDIT: I've also followed the installation settings as prescribed on the manual. Still nothing.
Try download the driver form the web http://www.huion-tablet.com/product/product.php?sku=1008
mockingod
Have you tried connecting it to a different computer to see if it's the tablet's issue?
Starz0r

Jk_z_slayerz wrote:

Try download the driver form the web http://www.huion-tablet.com/product/product.php?sku=1008
Tried that already, still nothing.

mockingod wrote:

Have you tried connecting it to a different computer to see if it's the tablet's issue?
I doubt it is a tablet hardware issue, the drivers are just not installing my TabletSettings. If it could do that I could actually use the tablet, but I can't because it is stuck on my other monitor.
Espionage724

Espionage724 wrote:

Got my Huion 420 Pen Tablet earlier. Here's some feedback I have of it:

- Pen movement feels really responsive, which is great

- I was able to get used to the area in a few minutes (I'm used to full-area)

- Support under Linux seems to be hit or miss. It works fine under Xubuntu 13.10 (fine being the entire tablet is mapped to the entire screen), but was terrible under Kubuntu 13.10 (entire tablet was mapped to maybe 1/5th of the top-corner of the screen; the tablet-config GUI didn't support the tablet either). Could be desktop environment-related I guess? There is also 3 HUION input devices detected, but only one of them seem to accept pointer control settings (sensitivity, acceleration; even though neither apply to absolute movement)

- I'm not entirely certain, but it seems the driver by-default disables Windows Ink functionality on Windows 8.1 (taps don't pause; no ripple effects). There's a setting in the tablet control panel for Tablet PC support, but it's grayed out. Didn't try the tablet without drivers.

- The tablet control panel's pressure meter only went up to 2047; while testing this however, I managed to leave scratch marks on the tablet itself (really noticeable on black; may be less of a problem with osu!tablet)

- The tablet's full area is maybe a few mm off from matching a 1600x900 screen's proportion (according to the tablet's control panel)

- The tablet comes apart easily (4 screws under the rubber feet). Inside of the tablet is really simple (a PCB, piece of thin clear plastic, and a piece of metal). The spots for the buttons exist on the PCB, even though the tablet itself doesn't have the buttons (not sure if the buttons send events or not).

- The indication LED is green (seems to flash every 3 seconds the pen is in-range of the tablet; blinks when tablet surface is tapped and pen button presses)

- The surface attracts and shows fingerprints and skin oil (do note this is a primarily black tablet though; osu!tablet will probably have very little issue with this)

- It handles flawlessly on a metal table (my old VisTablet PenPad had erratic behavior on a metal surface)
To add onto this feedback:

- The pen battery can die if you leave it on (in a few days time maybe depending on the quality of the battery, kind of strange though; my VisTablet PenPad also uses a battery and doesn't have an on/off button, and the battery lasts for a few weeks).

- On Windows 8.1 this tablet for basic functionality doesn't need a driver at all. Pen taps don't seem to cause the pausing-issue strangely, but the tablet itself does appear as a tablet to Windows. I don't believe hold-to-right-click worked though, so something strange is occurring...
kingking9
I did a short unboxing/first impressions video!

AoOni
Here is a video of me using the Osu! tablet :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTzJ81rPBJE
Silent Reign
Lol derp, I thought they were being sent from the time the pre-order was put in.. As far as paying goes I waited to the literal last second ._, Hopefully see that message that its been sent soon.
beeboy123
anyone getting this?
Frostmourne

beeboy123 wrote:

anyone getting this?
I got like that yesterday and I rechecked just now found out that it has many processes now.
You may need to wait a bit and it will be changed eventually.
Dexus
The tablet is way too small (for me at least) and the drivers wouldn't install for me so I couldn't fix the aspect ratio and screen size. (Windows 7) If I could have adjusted the screen aspect ratio I would have continued to play with it more, but it was unplayable. (16:9 monitors, weird aspect ratio on the tablets... logic, wacom does this too).

Edit:
I tried making a custom resolution that should handle the aspect ratio correctly, but osu! itself can't handle fullscreen custom resolutions very well.
Ven
I'm so jelly right now.

Reading this thread makes me anticipate getting my Osu tablet in the mail even more.
beeboy123

Dexus wrote:

The tablet is way too small (for me at least) and the drivers wouldn't install for me so I couldn't fix the aspect ratio and screen size. (Windows 7) If I could have adjusted the screen aspect ratio I would have continued to play with it more, but it was unplayable. (16:9 monitors, weird aspect ratio on the tablets... logic, wacom does this too).

Edit:
I tried making a custom resolution that should handle the aspect ratio correctly, but osu! itself can't handle fullscreen custom resolutions very well.

Well to anybody who will eventually have this problem you can do what I'm doing and slowly lower your tablet area until you can play with your osu tab as soon as you get it and not suck.
Dexus

beeboy123 wrote:

Well to anybody who will eventually have this problem you can do what I'm doing and slowly lower your tablet area until you can play with your osu tab as soon as you get it and not suck.
You don't know what you're talking about.

If the screen and tablet match up in aspect ratio you should be able to play in nearly an size difference. if you're playing solely based on how the cursor is moving on the screen then such a playstyle method wouldn't really apply to you (aspect ratio would be meaningless) it's just a LOT harder to play doing such a thing. This is just from my personal experience from using various sizes and tablets through the years.

I'm not retarded, I know that's what newer players do to adjust when they don't know how to actually play on certain areas.

The problem is with the aspect ratio as I said. I couldn't get it to match up right and the drivers aren't installing correctly. So you can't even change the screen area nor active area (Force proportions). I managed to get the screen resolution roughly the same aspect ratio as the tablet (I had to go to the manufacturers website and look at the specifications because it's listed differently everywhere, and I don't have a tape measure). I had to use a tiny screen resolution, once I got it like that it was much more playable (the movements matched up closer and made jumps piss easy, small movements are a pain in the ass though). I would rather play with my intuos than the osu!tablet just due to the size and "leg room".

I'll probably just keep the osu!tablet as a collectors item or use it during travel with my netbook. I would only recommend it for new players or people on a budget. It really is a nice tablet, just too small and a pain in the neck to set up right.
peppy
As I've said many times, osu! will support the tablet without drivers in the coming weeks. Don't bother with the included driver CD.

Also, the active area is clearly stated in the tablet thread: t/169139
Active Area: 4"x2.3" (10.2cm x 5.8cm)
This is almost perfectly 16:9, which should work well with widescreen monitors. I had no ratio issues on the machines I tested with.
Dexus

peppy wrote:

As I've said many times, osu! will support the tablet without drivers in the coming weeks. Don't bother with the included driver CD.

Also, the active area is clearly stated in the tablet thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/169139
Active Area: 4"x2.3" (10.2cm x 5.8cm)
This is almost perfectly 16:9, which should work well with widescreen monitors. I had no ratio issues on the machines I tested with.

Since the game is played at 4:3 no matter what anything beyond it doesn't matter. I use a 16:9 since it's my monitor's native aspect ratio, but the tablet's screen resolution is native to the tablet's area (It's not really 16:10 but using the digital resolution for the tablet area 13499x21599 it gives you can get a precise ratio ).

I'm glad that you're supporting it without drivers (a big reason I got the tablet was to get native support from osu! itself).
Blueprint
Peppy I understand you have to handle all these orders your self so I'm not being impatient but I have to ask when do you think I will receive the 1 I ordered, I ordered on Friday but haven't received a shipping email yet, I'm only asking because I can't wait to use it :).
Ven

Blueprint wrote:

Peppy I understand you have to handle all these orders your self so I'm not being impatient but I have to ask when do you think I will receive the 1 I ordered, I ordered on Friday but haven't received a shipping email yet, I'm only asking because I can't wait to use it :).
Mine just shipped, I ordered it last week. Yours'll be just around the corner.

I can't wait to review this thing.
Arnold0
Mine shipped just today too. I hope I'll get it this weekend ;)
Blueprint
Just now received an email about shipping
padappa

Kyon wrote:

Blueprint wrote:

Mine just shipped, I ordered it last week. Yours'll be just around the corner.

I can't wait to review this thing.
You lucky bastards, I ordered on december (the day when pre-orders started, if I remember right) and paid on 19.1 just hour or two after payments started, shipped today. :o
Zinkon
Got the osu!tablet today. It was simple to install the drivers. Through the drivers on the scope tab I pressed 'full area' and then 'screen ratio', which forces proportions. The drivers say that the full active area (without screen ratio) is 4.17 inch x 2.34 inch.

I've never played with a tablet before, but the area doesn't feel too small. In fact, I can just barely reach the corners with my wrist and fingers so it fits me (I use 800 dpi on mouse). The first 15-20 minutes felt a bit awkward but after about 30-60 minutes it was a fun experience to be able to beat Wahrheit, Gold Dust and Remote Control on a tablet.

So far, I think it's great for it's price. But still, I have no idea what a Wacom feels like and I've just started playing with the osu!tablet today so yeah :)
stal
Got mine today! Everything's fine, except that my cursor seems to lag a lot. Like, it's just slow sometimes. Not sure if I have the wrong settings or anything since I've never used a tablet before u.u.
Zinkon

Hshshsx wrote:

Got mine today! Everything's fine, except that my cursor seems to lag a lot. Like, it's just slow sometimes. Not sure if I have the wrong settings or anything since I've never used a tablet before u.u.
I thought it was my imagination since I've never used a tablet before. I also feel this slight delay in movement.
mockingod
I've never used a tablet on a computer I normally use the mouse to play with. No lag at all.

I've also used it on my mac which I usually play with my trackpad acting as a tablet. My mac is a pretty bad computer too, but there is no input lag from the osu!tablet whatsoever.
Blazened
I haven't noticed any lag with the osu!tablet. There's a pen and touch debug that disables a lot of windows options that might help with your lag too (i used it before i played with the tablet the first time).

It's a shame that i can't figure out how to make the pen work in just the Osu! window. Had to change to full screen
peppy
I guarantee any lag you feel is not hardware related.
HipzER
So, Peppy, when are you gonna release more tablets?
Zinkon
It would be great if someone who has a Wacom tablet and also an osu!tablet could compare responsiveness. But I guess I can get used to it. It's not nearly as bad as what VSync causes.

Edit:

Blazened wrote:

There's a pen and touch debug that disables a lot of windows options that might help with your lag too (i used it before i played with the tablet the first time).
Would be great if you explained. I have windows 8 and I googled some and found some fixes. I think disabling a service and restarting PC helped a bit.
Aq0_old

Does it mean it'tll be delivered to me until next week?
Avail_old_1

Zinkon wrote:

Hshshsx wrote:

I thought it was my imagination since I've never used a tablet before. I also feel this slight delay in movement.
Tick "Fullscreen" in your osu options to switch to the directx/opengl renderer and disable desktop composition.
It is mostly windows that causes that input lag.
Zinkon

Avail wrote:

Tick "Fullscreen" in your osu options to switch to the directx/opengl renderer and disable desktop composition.
It is mostly windows that causes that input lag.
Oh I know what you mean. I've already fixed my VSync issues a long time ago. The delay is not even close to being that bad. It's hardly noticable. It is only barely noticable on 200 bpm+.
Blazened
Would be great if you explained. I have windows 8 and I googled some and found some fixes. I think disabling a service and restarting PC helped a bit.
This is the file http://puu.sh/6Mlvt.rar
Run ViziblrFixMyPen in administator and click 'make everything good'. It will disable windows options that cause problems with tablets :^)
I have windows 8 as well just so you know
Zinkon

Blazened wrote:

This is the file http://puu.sh/6Mlvt.rar
Run ViziblrFixMyPen in administator and click 'make everything good'. It will disable windows options that cause problems with tablets :^)
I have windows 8 as well just so you know
I think this fixed it for me. Either that, or I just got used to the tablet now. Played a song where the delay was visible, now it felt normal.
Ven

Woot, getting it today or tomorrow now. So excited.
show more