forum

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
K2J
Atmey
Hope its better than the DS version, the game was fast and too zoomed in to concentrate. No crappy stories plz.
Zekira

RemmyX25 wrote:

SEGA's ruined
Fixed?
lukewarmholiday
I have no hope for sega at all.
Pokebis
Sega can't make any good Sonic games. Every single one that comes out gets hyped and "I WONDER IF THIS IS THE ONE DAT MAEKZ SONIC GOOD AGAIN." It never happens. This is going to be terrible. Calling it now.
Tapdancingmetroid

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet, actually. :/
awp

K2J wrote:

...and, judging by the interview, not "lol hold right" 2D a la Sonic Rush.
Sonic Rush was bad because it had bad level design. Trial and Error is not how to do a Sonic game
Behon
Bah. The 2D sections in Unleashed still sucked. I expect similar results from this.
MegaManEXE

Tapdancingmetroid wrote:

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet, actually. :/
Damn, I was just about to post that too
Topic Starter
K2J
The Sonic cycle is irrelevant now that everyone knows about it.

Also, that teaser site I posted was fake. The guy happened to own the domain before the announcement and just ran with it, I guess.
5ku112
Anybody remember sonic adventure? The one with expansive environments and rushing through levels hoping to snag that a-rank at the end? Remember the chao garden? Sonic the hedgehog 2006 took that formula and made it even better. And now look at where sega's going with sonic unleashed! I hope this is does turn out to be a good game. :(
vytalibus
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
lukewarmholiday

Topic Starter
K2J
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Pikachu in a SOMBRERO

man that'd be way better than any new sonic game
5ku112
Didn't really like shadow the hedgehog, seemed like a ploy to get the halo fags to play sonic back then.
Starrodkirby86

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Pikachu in a sombrero
Screw Sonic, this is the next big thing.
Seibei4211

5ku112 wrote:

Anybody remember sonic adventure? The one with expansive environments and rushing through levels hoping to snag that a-rank at the end? Remember the chao garden? Sonic the hedgehog 2006 took that formula and made it even better. And now look at where sega's going with sonic unleashed! I hope this is does turn out to be a good game. :(
That's how I know you're high. Sonic Adventure 2 was the best 3D Sonic they could ever hope to make. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 was the exact opposite.
RemmyX25
To be honest, I don't mind Sonic's friends. I just don't want them to be integral to the story, like SA2 did. I want to run through the entire game as whoever I chose, whether it be Sonic, Tails, Shadow, Knuckles, etc. Just don't force the character on me.

Oh, and Character specific traits are fine. They just need to WORK WELL.
Munchlax

K2J wrote:

X3 it fits in so perfect. You should go up to the Sonic Team and knowing them, they'd probably make it into a game.Like they do with most scenarios

Well on to discussion on the actual game..
I bet it's going to be like Sonic unleashed, 4 levels of 2D fun, and the rest some type of added gameplay that has noting to do with sonics original games.
If Sega doesn't screw it up, I'd like to see it like SA2, That's definatley my favorites sonic game, so many memories...
kideddie1501
I pray every night that SEGA will finally cut the crap and release a Sonic game without new friends (imagine Sonic's myspace friend list :roll: ), retarded story line, or Eggman bitching out in the end again to help the good guys.
Topic Starter
K2J

RemmyX25 wrote:

To be honest, I don't mind Sonic's friends. I just don't want them to be integral to the story, like SA2 did. I want to run through the entire game as whoever I chose, whether it be Sonic, Tails, Shadow, Knuckles, etc. Just don't force the character on me.

Oh, and Character specific traits are fine. They just need to WORK WELL.
I agree with everything here. I think the main reason everyone seems to think SA1 was the only good 3D Sonic game was because you chose a character (and more importantly, a playstyle), and you stuck to it, and had a satisfying conclusion to your chapter of the story.

SA2 would be even better if they had kept the characters down to the three play types, especially since Knuckles is almost never with the other Heroes anyway. Just Sonic, Knuckles, Eggman (running, hunting, shooting). Their opposites could be alternate skins or even extra stories, and I'd be fine with it.

That being said, I still hold both Sonic Adventure games in extremely high regard, if nothing else but for being the first ones I played.
5ku112

Seibei4211 wrote:

Sonic Adventure 2 was the best 3D Sonic they could ever hope to make. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 was the exact opposite.
I thought it was cool, how did silver suck as a character?
RemmyX25

5ku112 wrote:

how did silver suck as a character?
Who?

No I don't want a picture, I want to know how he ties in with the whole story in canon.
5ku112
That was a FAST response!

Sonic never really had a big canon story, it was basically just eggman being a bitch and ruining something and sonic and friends teaming up in new ways to save the day. (not that there's a problem with that.)

Silver has a different sideline story really, it's like a side story that just mingles with the main canon a little. Silver needs more publicity.

What I really hated was Chip/Light Gaia. I mean really, WTF where did he come from?
Seibei4211

5ku112 wrote:

Seibei4211 wrote:

Sonic Adventure 2 was the best 3D Sonic they could ever hope to make. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 was the exact opposite.
I thought it was cool, how did silver suck as a character?
Yeah, I didn't mention Silver at all. His controls, along with everyone else's, sucked. Everything gameplay related in that game sucked. The level design was terrible and unintuitive and the sloppy controls did nothing to help with that. Oh, and load screens. Seriously. Fucking load screens for EVERYTHING YOU DO. There's a load screen to fucking load the load screen! I mean, what the fuck is that?! Technically you load the guy talking, then you load the actual fucking MISSION, but still. I didn't get very far in that game at all before I just stopped.
5ku112

Seibei4211 wrote:

Yeah, I didn't mention Silver at all. His controls, along with everyone else's, sucked. Everything gameplay related in that game sucked. The level design was terrible and unintuitive and the sloppy controls did nothing to help with that. Oh, and load screens. Seriously. Fucking load screens for EVERYTHING YOU DO. There's a load screen to fucking load the load screen! I mean, what the fuck is that?! Technically you load the guy talking, then you load the actual fucking MISSION, but still. I didn't get very far in that game at all before I just stopped.
Controls were fine albeit not better.
Level design was a tad stupid it was hard to tell where you were going and as a consequence you would slip and die for no reason.
Load screens were annoying I agree.

It wasn't the best sequel gameplay wise compared to the SA games, but it's definitely better then what console games sega is throwing out now.
Loginer

5ku112 wrote:

*implying Sonic 06 does not suck horse cock*
aRiskOfRain
"Who do you think were the most successful companions?"

AHAHAHAHAHA. Successful and companions do not belong in the same sentence when it comes to Sonic.

If it's like Rush, but for a console, I'll be pleased.
awp
Tails was fine when he was invulnerable so you could send him into all sorts of dangers and have him collect rings and shit
RemmyX25

awp wrote:

Tails was fine when he was invulnerable so you could send him into all sorts of dangers and have him collect rings and shit
My brother abused that feature so much when we were kids. When he played as Tails for me, he'd purposely jump into the dangerous spike pit or get crushed with impending doom.
5ku112
lukewarmholiday

5ku112 wrote:

Loginer wrote:

5ku112 wrote:

*implying Sonic 06 does not suck horse cock*
Ahh loginer I missed your humor, strager is now moot compared to you. 8-)
5ku112
Man I love you guys. :D

Anywaiz, check this out:

http://ProjectNeedlemouse.com
Atmey

5ku112 wrote:

Man I love you guys. :D

Anywaiz, check this out:

http://ProjectNeedlemouse.com
thats too bad, even for a joke.
Neo@lex
Awesome game.
Topic Starter
K2J
According to the blog, Sonic will be the only playable character, and no new characters will be introduced. As much as I like the S3&K style of having different characters with different paths, I feel this is the best choice for this "reboot". Also posted is some concept art for an enemy, similar to the crab badnik (Gani-gani or "Crabmeat", depending on your region). Correction: He's based off of a different crab badnik, from Metropolis Zone.

Oh, and BTW, that trailer was made by a third-party (of course) who weren't given a whole lot of info on the game, so try not to read anything into it. About the best thing we have is the GameSpot interview.
awp
They may actually be trying to pull a CAPCOM and revitalize Sonic like CAPCOM did with Mega Man. And to a lesser extent, Nintendo with their overpriced NSMBW
Wojjan
Honestly, I stopped paying remote attention to the sonic series after SA2 (and I played through Heroes once but it just wasn't the same). I don't think any move can save this series for me. Then again, I wasn't much impressed with Capcom's attempt either. Video game industries should know when to let go.
Topic Starter
K2J
Holy shit, leaked info. Unconfirmed, but the source previously leaked info on the Sonic Adventure port to XBLA, so they've got that going for them.

It will be called "Sonic 4" (somewhat plausable, given that 1Up said that is the internal development name)... "Episode 1". It will be the first in a series of games. It will be downloadable for the XBox and PS3 only. Despite the episodic nature, the sources say that the game will be a traditional-length Sonic title (7 Emeralds to collect, with the Zone names "Splash Hill" and "E.G.G. Station"). Fan speculation compares this to the situation of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which was originally one long game that got broken up into two parts.

Despite only owning a Wii, this sort of news excites me, and I can't wait to hear more... if it's true.
show more