forum

[Archived] Frame limiter affecting osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AzulWaffles
Problem Details:

so i used to be able to play osu fine without any problems, until i accidentally changed the frame limiter by pressing F7 after that, osu has nearly been unplayable for me. I used to be able to spin the cursor in the center just fine, but now it begins to move in random places. when i also move the mouse it also feels like it is being pulled in random directions as well. ive tried all the frame limiter option and tried switching from directx to opengl but i doesnt change anything.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20131216.26 (latest)
Rio-
What Frame-Limiter You use? Try using Unlimited and changing the Renderer back to DirectX
FrzR
I recommend 60fps Vsync. Try it :D
Topic Starter
AzulWaffles
ive tried using all the different frame limiter option and changing the renderer, but i can still feel the mouse lag.
Dexus
Edit your osu!.user.cfg file with notepad in the osu! game folder and look for a line that says CustomFrameLimit = 120. Change the Value from 120 to 500 and you should be fine. If you are playing windowed be sure to disable the desktop window manager service.
Topic Starter
AzulWaffles
Ive tried changing the custom frame limiter to both 500 and 60, but still no luck. i play on 1680x1050 borderless. Changing the frame limiter to 60fps vsync and 60fps low latency have worked the best for me, but they still dont fix the problem
Rorona
Are your frames a constant 60 when playing or is your framerate spiking is what i meant to say. Words are hard after 3 in the morning >.>
Dexus
Please stop asking people to use vsync (especially in windowed mode this does nothing) or low fps limiters to combat game lag.

Switch to the real fullscreen with directx and use a 500 fps limiter or unlimited fps. If this still doesn't work then you need to make sure every heavy application running is closed, your graphics card isn't ancient, and that your monitor doesn't have high latency.