forum

Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger ft. Christina Aguilera

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Both fixed, also:

1. Changed the video offset so that it actually fits the song. (-760 ms)
  2. Rearranged 01:04:880 (2,3,4,5,6) - .
Updated and ready to go
Myxo
Rebubbled! Awesome mapset :)

Rebubbled (ノ 'ω')ノ
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Thaaaaaank you man! :D

Also next BAT, remember not to rank until Gero's version moves out of Qualified!
Kodora
Does this map should have same BPM as Gero's version, or Gero's one have wrong timing?
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
This was already discussed, both BPMs work. Obviously one is correct, but the difference is minimal.

So it was decided not to change any BPM. I personally believe this one is better though.
Xgor
For some reason without video option doesn't show up on this mapset even if it does have a video :|

Also this is not that big but all the credit images has unnecessary transparency that could be cropped.

Anyways. Sexy mapset. hope it get's re-qualified soon.
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
*Hint* the map hasn't been qualified yet, so it doesn't need to get re-qualified :P

Also, according to some people, the video thing will get fixed when it's qualified (I sincerely hope so)

Thanks!
Shohei Ohtani
Just gonna go ahead and confirm the video thing.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/53833

This map got delayed from being ranked for a while because of it and then someone was like "fuck it" and ranked it, and it just appeared.
Lust
Yeah I can vouch that it should appear after its been qualified.

Its happened to me twice, currently occurring to my most recent bubbled beatmap: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/176702
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Excellent, so it's confirmed then!
Sakura
The other map got moved to ranked now, so this can be qualified now.
quiz-chan_DELETED
this is not gonna grave, is it?
Sakura

Lizzy wrote:

this is not gonna grave, is it?
Bubbled maps never grave
Lust
log
19:22 narakucrimson: k!
19:22 narakucrimson: are you available?
19:22 Lust: yes i am! :>
19:22 Lust: lets get this done
19:22 Lust: np the map
19:22 narakucrimson: coll ^^
19:22 narakucrimson: cool*
19:23 *narakucrimson is listening to [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/339289 Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger ft. Christina Aguilera]
19:28 *Lust is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/339289 Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger ft. Christina Aguilera [Insane]]
19:28 Lust: alright a few comments
19:28 Lust: nothing major
19:30 Lust: 02:00:551 (2,3) - these 1/4 spaced circles are a bit confusing, especially in the last kiai section you had them stacked
19:30 narakucrimson: sure
19:30 Lust: i was a bit taken aback by them, and i feel that if you stacked these like you did in the last kiai section for THIS kiai section the playability will be much more smooth and clear
19:30 Lust: you can leave them in the last kiai though, since that is more of a climax and such patterns can fit
19:30 Lust: (plus for consistency sake it would be nicer imo)
19:32 Lust: 01:31:133 (3,4,5) - these could also benefit from lower spacing too tbh
19:32 narakucrimson: I don't know, I'll explain the reasoning behind these if you'd like to hear it
19:32 Lust: i can probably already guess your reason behind them
19:32 Lust: but please, i'd like to hear
19:33 narakucrimson: you probably noticed how the whole difficulty progresses in, well, difficulty
19:33 Lust: god christina aguilera is so hot in this
19:33 Lust: yes i am aware
19:33 narakucrimson: the first kiai sets a bar for the following sections
19:33 narakucrimson: bigger spacing, overall faster flow
19:33 Lust: thats why i mentioned earlier that the last kiai section is a climax of the sorts
19:33 narakucrimson: indeed
19:34 narakucrimson: now, if you check the first kiai, the second half starts with a bigger multiplier
19:34 narakucrimson: it's like a "boost" in the pace
19:34 narakucrimson: I wanted to create the same effect in the second kiai, but without an even bigger multiplier
19:34 Lust: however when you take into account that the section starting 01:45:198 (1) - here and 02:00:200 (1) - here are right after eachother, having a progressing difficulty in the form of those spaced doubles make it increasingly confusing, i can see you manipulated spacing in various other patterns which work great
19:35 narakucrimson: I believe it works well, let me play it though
19:35 Lust: i just think that having them stacked to maintain consistency will allow for more smoother play, and at least it will avoid frustrations by those who made it this far into the map
19:36 narakucrimson: hmm
19:36 Lust: because having something this drastic is a bit of a fast curveball imo, i know i was definitely surprised by it
19:36 narakucrimson: yes I'm of course considering your experience
19:36 Lust: anyway this is just a suggestion, its up to you
19:37 Lust: its nothing particularly gamebreaking
19:37 narakucrimson: apart from taking away the effect I wanted to create, you also have the fact that I'd have to rework the pattern which will take me a while
19:37 narakucrimson: I don't know, if it comes to this in the end, I'd say I still like how it plays
19:37 Lust: zz this is the problem with people who map with a rigid structure like you and d33d xD
19:37 narakucrimson: it's not that I want to turn you down :C
19:37 Lust: meh its fine i guess
19:38 narakucrimson: oh I'm mapping something new, really different :P
19:38 *narakucrimson is listening to Eminem - The Monster ft. Rihanna
19:38 Lust: i wonder how one can even map that song o.o so slow
19:39 Lust: anyway 01:31:133 (3,4,5) - i highly recommend you at least change these, in your difficulty progression scheme it would make more sense to have those spaced doubles in this 01:45:198 (1) - kiai section as well
19:39 Lust: but since you skipped them and left them for the more quieter section seems a bit odd
19:40 narakucrimson: I can show you later :P
19:41 narakucrimson: what would you recommend?
19:42 Lust: maybe having a 1/4 slider in the place of the first two circle would be appropriate, considering the slider leniency will at least make the play a bit easier
19:43 Lust: it'll also allow you to keep the rhythm you have going
19:47 narakucrimson: damn I can't capture an area with puush
19:47 narakucrimson: please tell me if anything else is wrong, I'll update everything
19:47 Lust: that should be it for the insane, checking out the hard atm
19:49 narakucrimson: okay
19:49 narakucrimson: also christina 100/100 would fuck
19:49 Lust: no kidding :P
19:49 narakucrimson: yeahh
19:55 narakucrimson: hey also, I can send you the eminem song if you wanna see how it can be possible xD
19:55 Lust: i'll have a look at it later if you don't mind, i have another person who has been waiting for me to look at his map too ;w;
19:55 narakucrimson: sure!
19:56 narakucrimson: I need to mess around with the combo colours anyway
19:56 *Lust is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/487110 Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger ft. Christina Aguilera [Normal]]
19:56 Lust: 00:34:876 (2,3) - this seems a bit too big of a spacing to be in the lowest diff
19:56 Lust: at least keep it consistent 0.8x like everywhere else
19:56 Lust: i understand you are starting to build up at that point but
19:57 Lust: this comes straight out of left field lol
19:57 narakucrimson: we discussed this with sakura already
19:57 narakucrimson: I don't remember what was the thing but we determined it was fine
19:57 narakucrimson: it isn't *that* hard to read
19:57 narakucrimson: also, for the sake of the pattern
19:58 Lust: 00:31:126 (2,3) - yeah wait wtf is this
19:58 Lust: arent they the same patterns
19:58 Lust: oh now i see whats up
19:58 Lust: nevermind
19:58 narakucrimson: xD
19:58 Lust: 00:33:939 (1,2) - the pause right here
19:58 *Lust facepalms
19:58 narakucrimson: the blanket
19:59 narakucrimson: hahaha
19:59 Lust: should be fine i guess
20:00 Lust: im not really a fan of how you use symmetry in some parts so that the spacing is a bit inconsisteny but
20:00 narakucrimson: wtf UoL beat TSM wtfff
20:00 Lust: i guess itll be fine

Post back on the thread when you are ready.
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Alright, it's updated! Hope this is the last time hehehe
Lust
Take my by the tongue and I'll know you
Kiss me 'til you're drunk and I'll show you

All the Moves Like Jagger

I've got them Moves Like Jagger
I've got them MoooOOOoooOOooves Like Jagger
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Final-fucking-llyyyyyyyyyy yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!
CSLM
gratz~ naraku
i've got them mooooooooooove like jagger~
Myxo
Congratz~
Faizez
great map
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Still don't get why people rate 1, screw them.
quiz-chan_DELETED
:3
Sieg
congratz :)
mancuso_JM_
finally bro!
Congratulations!
Reiji-RJ
Yeaaaay! Congratulations to all >:3
Sonnyc

narakucrimson wrote:

Still don't get why people rate 1, screw them.
HabiHolic
Gratz~
D33d
OH GOD

Well done for getting this ranked. This song was so damn fun to map you don't even know.
TicClick
Gee, these triplets in Aguilera's part are evil, but the whole map is still brilliant.