forum

Slightly Minimalistic Skin v2.1 (update 02.08.14)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ruk
I want to share the skin to accompany the cursors I made. You can do everything you want with this skin, I couldn't give any less care.

I've completely reworked the skin so I'll start with 2.0.

I added all my cursors into the folder under "Optional Stuff" aswell as 2 more type of hitcircles for those who don't like the one included.

Download v2.1

Mirror v2.1

Changelog
v2.1
- Changed menu_back, play-skip and added another type of hitcircles under "Optional Stuff"

v2.0
- Completely reworked the whole skin, every asset is made from scratch.

[ Pingu ]
That's pretty cool, could you take screenshots of like, the pause menu bit and the fail menu bit?
Topic Starter
Ruk

OMGPingu wrote:

That's pretty cool, could you take screenshots of like, the pause menu bit and the fail menu bit?
It's just the standard stuff, nothing changed there (yet).
TheAussie
I love how simple it is i dont really like the cursor so i used my cursor instead but the rest is perfect.
[makoto yuki]
so simpli i like it
Yokoiha
nice skin i like it simply cool :D
that is the kind of cursor i have been waiting for
XMornIngStarX
Hi, I really like this skin but I think there is one slight problem. I play one of the beatmap https://osu.ppy.sh/b/89430 using this skin and when there is a slider which needs to be reverse, there is no arrow indict that i need to reverse. Only the light blue slider has this problem, other sliders do have the arrow. Erm, may I know is it possible to include a reverse arrow on your next update? Thank you. ^^
robin
Hey! I love this skin you made! However, I have a similar problem that MorningStar has. On some songs it doesn't show the white reverse arrow but instead shows a black reverse arrow and is very difficult to spot!!!
Topic Starter
Ruk

XMornIngStarX wrote:

Hi, I really like this skin but I think there is one slight problem. I play one of the beatmap https://osu.ppy.sh/b/89430 using this skin and when there is a slider which needs to be reverse, there is no arrow indict that i need to reverse. Only the light blue slider has this problem, other sliders do have the arrow. Erm, may I know is it possible to include a reverse arrow on your next update? Thank you. ^^

Kasunchop wrote:

Hey! I love this skin you made! However, I have a similar problem that MorningStar has. On some songs it doesn't show the white reverse arrow but instead shows a black reverse arrow and is very difficult to spot!!!
Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it.

Edit: Should be fixed now, uploading v3.
Yokoiha
Hey Rukkk i was wondering when are u going to put the pause menu and stuff :D
If u are putting it to your skin's v5 i look for to it :D
Topic Starter
Ruk

BlacksunT9 wrote:

I'll do it once I get an idea how to make it look right, can't promise anything though ;P.
Yokoiha

Rukkk wrote:

BlacksunT9 wrote:

I'll do it once I get an idea how to make it look right, can't promise anything though ;P.
It's fine with me i can wait till u can get an idea and seriously this is a very nice skin :D
TheAussie
:D i have made some stuff you might like if you dont like it just dont use it? :D but anyway it basicly uses the same hitcircleoverlay and hitcircle but ive made it a tad more smoother....

i <3 this skin.

http://puu.sh/5UEBh.zip

i also added a cursor.
Yokoiha

Rukkk wrote:

v5.5
- Removed pause menu stuff because I fucked up while rushing it (going to add it again someday)
ah Rukkk may i say u can just ask us for some help if u are getting problems
Topic Starter
Ruk

BlacksunT9 wrote:

Rukkk wrote:

v5.5
- Removed pause menu stuff because I fucked up while rushing it (going to add it again someday)
ah Rukkk may i say u can just ask us for some help if u are getting problems
It's no problem, I just deleted my .psds by accident (which I forgot to add to the skin) and have to remake them. Don't want to upload a frankenstein skin.
Foneza
I wish the cursortrail was much smoother... :l
Yokoiha

ACEsushi wrote:

u know that u can just put your own cursor right
but i prefer the cursor in the skin :D
Topic Starter
Ruk

ACEsushi wrote:

Smoother as in longer? If you want that then just add these files into the skin folder. If it's not smooth enough then you can try this smaller cursortrail.

BlacksunT9 wrote:

ACEsushi wrote:

u know that u can just put your own cursor right
It's valid feedback.
Ayesha Altugle
also add invisible cursormiddle to trigger the new cursortrail behaviour without making the cursormiddle show

In Short:
cursortrail+cursormiddle= new cursor trail behaviour
cursortrail only=old cursor trail behaviour
Topic Starter
Ruk

vahn10 wrote:

also add invisible cursormiddle to trigger the new cursortrail behaviour without making the cursormiddle show

In Short:
cursortrail+cursormiddle= new cursor trail behaviour
cursortrail only=old cursor trail behaviour
That's what "these files" were for which I posted earlier ;).
Yokoiha
Hey Rukkk i just found out something cool other than the cursor.
Your skin supports kiai time only 10%
Topic Starter
Ruk

BlacksunT9 wrote:

Hey Rukkk i just found out something cool other than the cursor.
Your skin supports kiai time only 10%
If you mean that I removed the stars which pour out of the cursor in kiai time, yes that is intentional.
Frazee_old
excellent skin as I'm a minimalist myself.
Pannari
This is a really nice skin, only thing I dislike are the lines. It makes reading a hell for me. :(
Topic Starter
Ruk
Updated with most the missing standard mode and menu stuff.
Nintyboy245
Your Spinner Background puush is gone. Please reupload as hidden mod is very difficult with spinners only being a tiny dot.
Nevermind i'm blind.
Azurity_old

Rukkk wrote:

Spinner background for those who want one, just add it into the skin folder. This is how it looks like:
Hey I really like your skin. I only have one problem which i can't seem to solve by searching on google. Thing is I want your spinner and I downloaded the spinner and I put the two files in my skins folder and replace the old ones but I still have the old spinner. Anyone knows how to solve this?
Shabui
I am also having the same issue where the spinner background is the old background.
Topic Starter
Ruk

shabui wrote:

I am also having the same issue where the spinner background is the old background.
Fixed the spinner "bug". It was a small thing I forgot in the skin.ini.
arnohunter03
For some reason when i click the link to dowload the 2.0 skin it opens a page full of strange symbols and doesn't download anything.
Wario
This skin is really nice, I've just downloaded it and I think I have a new favourite skin :D Only tried it on Easy songs though because can't use my keyboard :/
alexeykovp
Tnx for awesome skin! Good job!
One question: How to make with skin monochrome? Without coloring circles. Maybe this question is newbe, because I'm new in this game.
nat2011
what about other modes for this skin
AGRX
Please delete the hitsound files with numbers normal-hitclap2.wav normal-hitfinish2... etc. To prevent clustering.
Or move them to additional stuff folder. Ty
show more