forum

Hearthstone

posted
Total Posts
show more
GladiOol

3hp left. My own bomber hits me 3 times in the face. Absolutely priceless. (0.002% chance~)

They really need to nerve the RNG cards like Pagle, Arcane Misciles and Bomber. Arcane Misciles and Bomber shouldn't be able to hit a target more than once. This nerves them down. Pagle just needs to be 100% draw, 3 mana and 0/4 or 0/3. Everything RNG based seems really gay to me. The card draws are already RNG enough, you don't need more RNG cards to screw that even more up. I heard Magic is far less luck based, so I might get that.
Mexiwolf

GladiOol wrote:

3hp left. My own bomber hits me 3 times in the face. Absolutely priceless. (0.002% chance~)

They really need to nerve the RNG cards like Pagle, Arcane Misciles and Bomber. Arcane Misciles and Bomber shouldn't be able to hit a target more than once. This nerves them down. Pagle just needs to be 100% draw, 3 mana and 0/4 or 0/3. Everything RNG based seems really gay to me. The card draws are already RNG enough, you don't need more RNG cards to screw that even more up. I heard Magic is far less luck based, so I might get that.
Lol yes I have had mad bomber kill so many of my things in heartstone. Never killed me though. Anyway I think if you dont like RNG cards I think you would like magic better since it dosn't really have any of them. There are some cards like flip a coin cast card and then put it back in your hand but at least that way its luck based to get more out of something rather than less.
Lemozade
I can't really get into it enough, I sometimes do it inbetween League of Legends matches, but really I play osu when I'm not playing LoL...
GladiOol
I don't understand why they even would implent so much RNG. It's so easy to get rid of. Make the totems spawn in a certain order (1/1 - taunt - +1 healing - +1 spell dmg.) Make the animal companion from Hunter a choice. Make anything that is 2-3 dmg not 2-3 dmg, but either 2 or 3. Or add certain rules to it, as in: make it 3 dmg if the unit has 3hp left and make it 2 dmg if 4 or above etc. Arcane missiles shouldn't hit a target more than once. Same for bomber. It makes everything more predictable thus you can adjust to the situation, thus making it more skill based.

At the moment a lot of matches get lost or won because of RNG. I saw the fight night match where Ragnaros made the 1/3 chance and hit the face to win the game. It was so disgusting. They had no way out and they won through luck, not through skill. Imo such cards should go for the 'weakest' first. If there's a 4/5 and a 6/2 creature, the 6/2 should die first. This way both you and the opponent know what will happen and you can adjust to it. But apparently blizzard enjoys this, well, bullshit non-skill based luck.

Most matches you just have to pray for RNGesus to be on your side, which should just be regarding the draws. The draws determine your luck enough. Don't make cards that determine your luck even more. The average win chance of 'pro players' in Hearthstone is about 55-60% because of it. I mean what the actual fuck. Might as well flip a coin and let RNGesus decide who is the better player.

Been reading through reviews about Magic: The Gathering but a lot are just not positive about the game. So I can't play any card game other than some 1997 yu-gi-oh card game. #sadlyfe
Topic Starter
Magicphoenix
#1 Having totems spawn in a certain order would.. probably force a complete rework of Shaman hero ability. Frankly said, that's not how it's supposed to work. It would become way too easy to play around Shaman if there was a 100% insurance of what the next totem would be.
#2 Make the animal companion from Hunter a choice? Make the Hunter a Druid basically? You would have to put the mana cost from Animal Comp up to 5 then.
#3 Having RNG spells hit an enemy at most once is not RNG
#4 Having Ragnaros hit the lowest hp creature would either need his cost go down to 4 mana or make him an epic/rare card at most, since he'd be pretty much the most useless card ever for 8 mana. The opponent plays 1 weak creature extra and you wasted 8 mana and damage literally.

I have seen the Fight Night games as well. Surely, the Nat Pagle duel was one of the most tragic things to be seen in a long time. But the Ragnaros 33% isn't that low of a margin. Also, it is necessary to manipulate RNG to make it work best.
What we need for the competitive scene/tournaments are specific rules to forbid certain cards like Nat Pagle/Tinkmaster. But not for the game itself.

You have to keep in mind that Blizzard created this game not so it can become competitive, but should target the casual scene and RNG is a simple element to make the game very enjoyable to play, especially for casuals.
Removing RNG itself is, to be honest, dumb. Every game's got RNG and this game should too. It would otherwise end up too dry and become a hardcore tryhard game for all professionals that crush every (new) player by simply creating the best current deck in the scene.
GladiOol
Like I said, the card draws = RNG. I'm just saying you should revamp the game to eliminate as much RNG as possible.

Banning cards from tournaments should also equal banning cards from the game. There's a reason why they are considered terrible and that is because of the RNG. That is why stuff like Raigeki and Harpies Feather Duster got banned from Yu-gi-oh as well. Which also made a lot of sense.

Of course stuff needs to be revamped and the mana should change etc. if you switch the RNG around. The minute you have a 40-50% chance to win against any pro player simply because of your deck, that's retarded. It's like playing Fifa 14. All the pro players this year get wrecked by puny players who barely know how to pass a ball correctly because of the scripting inside of the game favoring the team that is losing or playing badly. Well, massive RNG like in hearthstone is like scripting in Fifa 14. It makes everybody pissed off except for the people who get the 'FIFAids'. Well, in Hearthstone FIFAids is equivalent to RNGesus.

And again, I never said eliminate RNG. I said revamp it to make it minimal. It's impossible to make a card drawing game not RNG.

Revamping the Shaman could also be done in making the totem ability split up. Two buttons, one for a 1/1 or taunt and one for healing or spell dmg. Anything but this obnoxious 25% that keeps screwing me over. So many games lost due a healing totem that pops up at the right time. If I plan everything out to win and lose due to unluck, where's the fun in that. Also, they are just suggestions. No need to go 'deeper' in to them. They are simply said to make a point come accros.
Lemozade
Do you suggest arena for upping your decks, or just finishing daily quests when you have the time, and using your gold to buy individual decks?
Mexiwolf

Lemozade wrote:

Do you suggest arena for upping your decks, or just finishing daily quests when you have the time, and using your gold to buy individual decks?
Id say go to arena since you still get 1 pack and the chance to get more money.
Lemozade
Just seems time consuming, idk maybe I should just try it. XD
Mexiwolf

Lemozade wrote:

Just seems time consuming, idk maybe I should just try it. XD
its still fun either way. I like to play it just to draft a funny deck. I once got a priest deck with 4 holy novas, it was a fun time. Think I got like 8/3 on that run
Witch Mercy
My battle.net is Carrots#1607 =w=
Simpusan
Battle tag Cloveny#2789 if anyone wants to play on the EU server :)
Eu proprio
Feel free to add me on EU, HyobuKyosuke#2412 ^.^
JauiPlaY
Obviously China is not a part of this world. :(
Zeraph

JauiPlaY wrote:

Obviously China is not a part of this world. :(
RIP ;w;

Zeraphlol#1907 i'm on NA.
noneed
Well, this got boring pretty fast.

I quit a few weeks ago since every ranked it was either Reynad's zoo deck, handlock or some Shaman.

Arena is still fun though.
JauiPlaY

noneed wrote:

Well, this got boring pretty fast.

I quit a few weeks ago since every ranked it was either Reynad's zoo deck, handlock or some Shaman.

Arena is still fun though.
Zoo is the most disgusting warlock deck I've ever seen.
So now I start playing Rexxar. When facing Gul'dan, it works quite well.
T7=GG.
Blue Yoshi_old
Druid plays really well against Zoo. Swipe and Starfall take it out quite nicely with just 1 spelldamage +, since the highest stat a minion can get in that deck is 7 if you take care of their priestesses. And that's what swipe is for.
Priest can nuke it with Auchenai + Circle of Healing as well. The strategies to deal with it are varied for each class.

And then some clever people vary it with Molten Giants and Faceless Manipulators. I ran into a situation where one person Argus'd a Molten Giant, and then used TWO faceless Manipulators on it. I cried.

Also @ T7: Core Hound w/ Tundra Rhino?
Topic Starter
Magicphoenix
Zoos and hunter rushes can kiss my ass.
Control Warrior way too strong for those mini-minions
GladiOol
this is a rant. not an invitation to start a discussion. just saying. skip to the tl;dr if u want free account.

Well, after playing this nearly every day for quite a few months now and having played somewhat every ''good'' deck there is, I have to conclude that this game is cancer. Does anybody want my account? It has Tirion, Mukla, Leeroy, Murk-Eye, Cairne, Gelbin, The Black Knight, Baron Geddon, Swagnaros and Ysera. I'll stick to watching livestreams because this has to be, by far, the most non-skilled game I have ever played that usually comes down to coin flip totems, missiles, bombers, swagnaros etc. No skill, pure coin flip. Yu-gi-oh was amazing because card draw was the only luck element. In Hearthstone they try so hard to add in RNG elements like there was in Magic The Gathering that they went completely nuts on it. That plus the lack of cards (I mean, there are 382 cards in total, that's absolutely nothing considering that most of these are also class-specific. Next to that most cards are absolute shit like Silverback Patriach. 1/4 taunt 3 mana. Hunter card: 4/4 taunt 3 mana. #blizzardlogic.) Next to that brainless decks like zoo get favored and unleash the hounds is retardation pur sang. So after this rant I'd like to give away my account to ensure that I never come close to this shitpile of a cancer game. I've tried both arena only and ranking only plays, both come down to pure luck. Especially arena. Holy shit the script fest in that mode is insanity. Oh well.

Next to that HS was purely created to compete with casual gaming companies. Aka they want money. Pure and utter money. They crafted this simple little game that is still filled with bugs and shit over night and are collecting huge ammounts of money with it because they have no competition on the field as Yu-gi-oh has been dead for decades and magic the gathering has been dead for a while as well now. They are allowed to make a shit game because nobody is able to compete. I liked blizzard. Warcraft, Starcraft and early years of WoW were amazing. Now WoW is even more casual than HS. And they all did it for more money. Truly cancerous company. Worse than EA at this point by far.

tl;dr pm me if u want an account which has some legendaries. (Tirion, Mukla, Leeroy, Murk-Eye, Cairne, Gelbin, The Black Knight, Baron Geddon, Swagnaros and Ysera)
noneed
^ which is exactly the reason why Hearthstone esports is a joke. the fact that there are tournaments with multiple thousand dollars winning prizes is just sad.

you could give a random dude 1 week to play this game on an account with every card and have him watch some streams/top tier decks and he would probably beat "pro" players with ease.

e: btw, yu-gi-oh isn't as dead. afaik there is another new anime and dueling network is still going well. some decks are pretty cancerous though, last time I played some elemental dragons were pretty much #1 in every tournament.
GladiOol
Yeah sorry about the gravity of the post though, but I got topdicked a few matches in a row and frustration had to come out one way or another. My offer still stands though. EU account. So if anybody wants to have more cards and stuff like that, feel free to PM and I'll gift you this account. This game is not good for my health. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Topic Starter
Magicphoenix
Sounds like you've got it rough.
It's a good decision to stop playing and even give it away for a (good?) cause :P
JauiPlaY
Yuuki Asuna
Excelliance #2789 Europe servers :)
JauiPlaY
First day using the Pandaria card back! :P
Topic Starter
Magicphoenix
Which legendary was it ? :D
Plushies

JauiPlaY wrote:

http://hs2048.github.io/hs2048/
The game so cruel.

Well that was infinitely more difficult than the regular one ;_;
JauiPlaY

Magicphoenix wrote:

Which legendary was it ? :D
Onyxia and a lot of her babies!

Plushies wrote:

JauiPlaY wrote:

http://hs2048.github.io/hs2048/
The game so cruel.

Well that was infinitely more difficult than the regular one ;_;
Holy...
You are the legend!
[- Alex -]
7-3 Arena run . Pff , mages are to powerful .
Plushies

WingsOfDeadthx wrote:

Flamestrike is too good in arena ;_;
[- Alex -]

Plushies wrote:

WingsOfDeadthx wrote:

Flamestrike is too good in arena ;_;

I know , but i was Paladin. I lose vs 3 mages....
Paco
Been playing for a few weeks! favorite class rogue, deck type as rogue: Miracle
BattleTag: Pacolito#2100
imaginarywriter
Anyone who feels like adding me.

BattleTag is escrmag#1785
Plushies
[- Alex -]

Plushies wrote:

Yay~
God bless. Gj man. I am only rank 15 (not legendary.)
JauiPlaY
Leeroy Jen...AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Topic Starter
Magicphoenix
Knife Juggler hard counter to Leeroy Jenkins-decks confirmed
JauiPlaY

Magicphoenix wrote:

Knife Juggler hard counter to Leeroy Jenkins-decks confirmed
No, if he use armor up before Leeroy Jenkins, he still have chance to win.
But he didn't, so he lose.
Plushies

JauiPlaY wrote:

Leeroy Jen...AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Omg I've done this so many times I want to cry, playing Leeroy into a Knife Juggler and watching both knives hit Leeroy is so embarassing.

LEEEEEEEROY....oh no, disconnect! ;A;

I've never seemed to be able to reconnect to a game after disconnecting once, Hearthstone needs a better reconnect system! Or maybe I need a better connection...
show more