forum

Tablet area - problem with jumps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vertius
Hi, I was playing with quite large tablet area for some time (not full area, but something like this),but I couldn't do jumps properly, I mean if there was jumps like from upper-right corner to bottom-left corner, I couldnt do them.
I tried to make my area smaller, but now the cursor is not as accurate as it was before.
There's my question - Should I play more and more with larger area and just try to learn how to jump faster, or should I go with the smaller area and work on my accuracy and aiming?
pooptartsonas
As with most things, this really comes down to what feels better to you. I play with full area (forced proportions) and fullscreen in-game, so I can't comment much about playing with a small area. However, I can say that if full area feels better to you aside from the long jumps, I would try to stick to it. At least from my experience, you WILL eventually become more comfortable with the corner jumps, it will just take time. As far as I know, anyone who's played with a large tablet area has experienced this. However, if you practice a lot and you feel your hands just aren't big enough to make the jump or something, you can always reduce it a little bit and it won't take too long to adjust.

Pretty much, if you like big area better but can't hit the corner jumps, give it some time; if you like small area better overall, use that.
Oinari-sama
950 play count...

At your play count it's quite normal to struggle with big jumps. Just keep playing!
buny
stop playing normal
TakuMii
You want your area to be as big as you can comfortably make it. No area is too big unless you can't quickly reach all 4 sides of the screen without hurting yourself. You'll be able to hit jumps with practice.
Topic Starter
Vertius

Oinari-sama wrote:

950 play count...

At your play count it's quite normal to struggle with big jumps. Just keep playing!
My playcount is a bit higher (can't really say how much higher,because there's no chance to know it when playing 'Offline Mode') but I play a lot in Offline mode, because I don't want to ruin my accuracy (playing some unpopular maps etc.) so even with shitty score I can get to higher ranks, that's why.

I tried to play at full-area but I couldn't even do ANY square (I couldn't move my cursor that fast) so I ended up with playing at about 1/2 of my tablet-area.
Now I tried much smaller area (about 20% of my tablet area) but cursor seemed to be unstable and not as accurate as it was before. I'll probably stick to the larger tablet area and try to learn jumps.
Pettanko
Stick to one tablet area and develop muscle memory. One of the worst things you can do with a tablet is to constantly change the active area; it will make you inconsistent and you'll end up making random misses when playing. During the year I've been playing this game I used to change my tablet area every month or few weeks and only recently did I finally settle on full-area, it really makes a difference when you are comfortable with the area you play with.
PlasticSmoothie

Vertius wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

950 play count...

My playcount is a bit higher (can't really say how much higher,because there's no chance to know it when playing 'Offline Mode') but I play a lot in Offline mode, because I don't want to ruin my accuracy (playing some unpopular maps etc.) so even with shitty score I can get to higher ranks, that's why.

I tried to play at full-area but I couldn't even do ANY square (I couldn't move my cursor that fast) so I ended up with playing at about 1/2 of my tablet-area.
Now I tried much smaller area (about 20% of my tablet area) but cursor seemed to be unstable and not as accurate as it was before. I'll probably stick to the larger tablet area and try to learn jumps.
Why do people care so deeply for their accuracy that they play offline to escape anything but positive changes to it o.o'
I won't ever understand.
buny

PlasticSmoothie wrote:

Why do people care so deeply for their accuracy that they play offline to escape anything but positive changes to it o.o'
I won't ever understand.
because their rank sucks
JAKACHAN
1. You don't learn a playstyle in 1k or even 10k plays. It takes a lot longer to master a playstyle.
2. You don't have even 1k plays online so I doubt you have more than 3k combined.
3. Quit caring about accuracy.
4. Start playing maps you just BARELY pass or even sometimes fail.
5. Don't listen to buny
Yano
- Switch to Full Area and L2P with it. (Full Area is the best you can do, I think... its hard for the beginning, but better on fast Maps (Not the move Speed but the Accuary))
- Learn a Playstyle ~ Move the Pen with Wrist, Fingers, or the hole Hand
- Move the hole Hand is definitly the fastest way to move your pen
- Move the Pen only with your wrist is a bit difficult at begin but after a while it's one of the most accurate ways
- About how you play only with your fingers ... IDK (:
- Play moar and faster Maps. If your brain can read fast Maps, then are slow Jumps easy. Play to Fun is the way how to Practice ~
- Don't stress yourself if you can't beat a few Beatmaps after a lot of tries

Download Maps with the difficulty "RLC". They're good to learn jumps. (But only if you can read that speed)

Uhm and switch possibly the Osu! Resolution a lot of People play with a Resolution between 1024x768 and 1440x900
buny

Ultrayano wrote:

- Switch to Full Area and L2P with it. (Full Area is the best you can do, I think... its hard for the beginning, but better on fast Maps)
- Move the Pen only with your wrist is a bit difficult at begin but after a while it's one of the most accurate ways
- Play moar and faster Maps. If your brain can read fast Maps, then are slow Jumps easy. Play to Fun is the way how to Practice ~

Download Maps with the difficulty "RLC". They're good to learn jumps. (But only if you can read that speed)
good joke
Yano

buny wrote:

Ultrayano wrote:

- Switch to Full Area and L2P with it. (Full Area is the best you can do, I think... its hard for the beginning, but better on fast Maps)

good joke
Not a Joke (: I learned to play like this ... i switched the area about 10 times per month and then I set it to Full Area.
A lot of People think after switch to Full Area "Moah, dat low Sensivity"
buny
what's good for you doesn't necessarily mean it's good for others

OP is basically saying that he has trouble with something that he hasn't even practiced for, evidence from him asking what tablet area to use.
A short answer: the one that feels the most comfortable

Personally I use a relatively small area and I do get a long just fine

Basically all that you stated was a personal preference, if OP truly wants to improve then he needs to find his own playstyle rather than copy other people.
Yano

buny wrote:

what's good for you doesn't necessarily mean it's good for others

OP is basically saying that he has trouble with something that he hasn't even practiced for, evidence from him asking what tablet area to use.
A short answer: the one that feels the most comfortable

Personally I use a relatively small area and I do get a long just fine

Basically all that you stated was a personal preference, if OP truly wants to improve then he needs to find his own playstyle rather than copy other people.
Yeah the best choice is, to find what feels the most comfortable.
But for new Player it is hard to find a comfortable playstyle.

Copy an other Playstyle isn't bad... it can be good and help you to find your own Playstyle.

How I said ... i switched the Tablet Area about 10 times per month :? ... after beginning Insane, i copied a Playstyle and made my own Playstyle.
Arcanine
Welcome to can't defeat airman,
I'll be your guide today.

but srsly, just big area and practice
Please
full area
big area
seriously what the fu. don't you guys have something better to recommend than to give "ful arae da best for osu!! \(^3^)/"

i play a really small area and i'm fine with jumps or whatever shit there is, just find something you're comfortable with AND stick to it.
buny

Arcanine wrote:

i regret wasting so many tries on it.

All you'll learn is ar10 from the massive amount of retries, and even then it's mostly going to be muscle memory
phoenny
Having a bit of trouble with this too.. i can pretty much reach any jump, but im not fast enough to snap really fast jumps.

Should i consider making my tablet area bigger or just play a lot of jump maps.. and whcih are some with fast and big distance jump maps?
buny
you should consider practicing
PlasticSmoothie
Changing tablet areas and whatnot to make you better at jumps is AVOIDING a problem, not fixing it.
You fix a problem by working to improve, in this case playing maps that have the patterns you are bad at.
PUG_old_1
I used to use full portion on tablet, but i noticed i was having trouble with huge jumps, so i just slowly reduced the portion size till i felt comfortable with jumps.
Though it is all personal preference, i'm sure people with bigger hands, smaller hands, hands that climb on rocks, all prefer different sizes.
Arcanine
:idea:

buny wrote:

Arcanine wrote:

All you'll learn is ar10 from the massive amount of retries, and even then it's mostly going to be muscle memory
dawg u gotta get 1000
buny

Arcanine wrote:

:idea:

buny wrote:

dawg u gotta get 1000
ok i try tomorrow