forum

First impressions of insane and Lunaic/extra maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mystrian_old
What was your very first difficult map you played/attempted? What was it like playing the map? Why do people prefer not to engage in multiplayer with lower ranks?
Soarezi
i was like 2 ez
johandrossi
I thought I was soo good when I started clearing 5* hards for the first time... Then the host put on Chata - Remind

Haven't cleared it to this day.
winber1
okay
PlasticSmoothie
It was like beating any map I thought was difficult. Still is. Doesn't matter whether the map says it's an insane, an extra or whatever.

Mystrian wrote:

Why do people prefer not to engage in multiplayer with lower ranks?
Because playing against someone your own skill level is 100% more fun.
besides, I get kicked from low-ranked multi rooms if I do well ):
buny
ar7/8 seemed like ar9999999999999999

thought the people that dt were hax too
Icyteru
Fun. My first ~3000 plays were only insanes/lunatic
Weed
easy now lets try it without relaxed
Pengua
I was liek PFFT. NOPE. (when I had about 30 playcount)

Nowadays they're the only thing I play.
silmarilen
i think this was the first insane that i played https://osu.ppy.sh/s/3153
i was like holyshitwtfbbq this is the hardest thing ive ever seen
Mizuno Yui
When I first installed Osu!, the first beatmap I downloaded was Wahrheit (I was actually noob enough to think the stars meant user rating, not map difficulty). In my deep and profound idiotism, I downloaded The Pretender next. Needless to say, I almost gave up playing Osu! for good :D
Kumiho

Mystrian wrote:

What was your very first difficult map you played/attempted? What was it like playing the map? Why do people prefer not to engage in multiplayer with lower ranks?
Osu! tutorial i was new ok ahem uhh actually i prefer to engage in multiplayer with lower ranks rather than with higher ranks too stressful :^)
Zare
idk which was the first insane I tried, I only remember the first Insane I passed (Larto's Watercolour).
about the question why higher ranked people only rarely play with low ranks, that's simple: It's not fun. If you play challenging maps they will just fail and quit, if you play easy maps you're bored. what's the point?
Varetyr

Zarerion wrote:

idk which was the first insane I tried, I only remember the first Insane I passed
Same here.

I've been retrying this above 120 times to pass it... And I spammed sooooooooo much on streams ._.
iWhorse
Cirno's perfect math class (insane)
Not just first insane map, but the first map I ever played

Just lol'd because i tried playing on a touchpad
Dexus
"What"
Lust
I wish I could play those

people chose to participate in multiplayer are usually higher rank because they want to show off
Xcrypt
Before I started osu! I played o2mania so I thought like wtf this insane osu! map looks really easy this is probably another casual rhythm game, because it was like a piece of cake to read. And I still think that the reading part is true actually (except for some exceptions with low AR or weird patterns), but getting consistent aim and streams is another story. Also that was before I've seen true insane maps (big black etc).
Now I'm kinda taking a break from standard and having fun with some o!m :)