forum

[Archived] Incorrect rank when reinstalling unranked map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Batimius
Good evening. As you can see from the title of this thread, I encountered a bug when it comes to scoring when reinstalling an unranked (not sure if this is relevant to the bug or not) map. Basically, I decided to re-install this beatmap so I can have the video version on my PC (since you can disable it anyways, so why not have the video version by default).

To do this, I deleted the old version (all difficulties) and downloaded the video-version (all difficulties) of the beatmap. Although this worked (as in the beatmap existing and being playable and all), my score by the beatmap name was blank, the same as if you never played before (my actual score is SS for the easy difficulty).

I played through it once to test it, and I got an S, which caused the beatmap to update the score to an S. This shouldn't happen considering that the score of the SS beats the S itself. I tried restarting osu! to see if that would fix it. It didn't. I also restarted my PC, but that didn't work either. I came to the conclusion that to fix the problem, I might just have to get another SS so it overwrites the S, and although I did get an SS, it actually did not overwrite anything. The ranking still remains as S even though I have 4 SS scores (with one being my literal latest score) which outscore the S that I got.

Below is a screenshot that displays this bug:

As you can see, the map shows an S score (which is the 6th score that was completed 11 minutes ago), meanwhile there are 4 other SS ranks, with one being AFTER the S score (fourth SS score that was completed 1 minute ago) that is currently considered the highest.

I am not sure why it does that. I would assume that this is some bug regarding unranked maps. If you need more information of any kind, please let me know. I thank you for your time and help, it is truly appreciated.

osu! version: Stable 20230121.1 (latest)
Dog Daft
I believe this is just a bug you get with unranked maps, not much we can do about that. just move on with your day and pretend it doesn't exist.
btw I don't think u need to delete and redownload the map for the video you should be able just to download the map with video and it would just overwrite the old files. (I think)