forum

[Archived] Osu stuttering all the time

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fl1ame
Problem details: Any time I play a map my game stutters. I had the frame render graph on and every time it happened 4 bars popped up.

I have tried reinstalling osu already, I restarted my PC with having 0 apps on startup and I also tried switching from stable to cutting edge but neither work.

Here are my specs

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 six-core processor 3.20GHz
16GB ram
NVIDIA 1050ti
144hz Monitor

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://streamable.com/zbmm95 The stutters occur at 0:57 in the video. Every time my game stutters its always those 4 same white lines

osu! version: Stable 20230121.1
Speedo
Have you tried updating your drives lately?
Topic Starter
Fl1ame

Speedo wrote:

Have you tried updating your drives lately?
Yes all my drivers are updated
Death
Try following the troubleshooting steps found here wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting
Topic Starter
Fl1ame

Death wrote:

Try following the troubleshooting steps found here wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting
I did every step
Death
Considering you're not consistently lagging throughout the map, my best guess is that something on your PC starts running for a short period of time and causes the game to lag. Try monitoring your task manager while playing if possible.
tovc
does it still stutter when you lower the framerate cap? try the power saving option or vsync
Topic Starter
Fl1ame

tovc wrote:

does it still stutter when you lower the framerate cap? try the power saving option or vsync
Yes it does
Topic Starter
Fl1ame

Death wrote:

Considering you're not consistently lagging throughout the map, my best guess is that something on your PC starts running for a short period of time and causes the game to lag. Try monitoring your task manager while playing if possible.
I checked to see if anything started running on my PC but nothing popped up

Edit: I went into osu settings to try and see if there was a button I could press that would try to fix this issue and when I pressed the "Repair folder permissions" button it showed me this message https://imgur.com/hTf2QJq I have no clue if this is anyway related to the issue I have.
Topic Starter
Fl1ame
Ok so after some days of trying to find a fix I think I found it. I need to have both osu and opentabletdriver running in administrator mode for it to stop micro-stuttering.