forum

Hello people of osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nekuJay
Hello people of osu!

As usual, I was searching twitch.tv to watch some streams, then suddenly I noticed a new title being promoted at front page - so I did check it. It happend to be a osu! World Cup. And surprisingly I saw a polish flag. Long story short I was amazed by skill of this guys, so I decided to try this game out by myself and here I am :D

Something about me - 22 years old guy from poland, loving e-sport and competition.

Couple of questions though:

1. I started playing on maps that are recommended in Beginner's Training - since its 5 years old, is it wise to follow that guide? Are there any up to date guides? haven't seen any on forums.
2. Should I just jump right away into hard mode games or go by easy then normal and so on?
3. When is the right time to implement mods?

I know there is no "perfect" way to get to top ranks, but your knowlegde will be really helpful. Feel free to add me or something, I would love to play this game with somebody :)
Lyoko Lash
Haii nekuJay, welcome to forums :D

1- Well I think guides aren`t needed imo, just keep playing and you`ll get better at it.
2- If you can do hard mode then move to hard mode, challenges are fun :P
3- whenever ya want, like I said.. challenges are fun c:

Anyways.. I`m not an osu standart player since Im a left handed player so.. yep I suck :P, feel free to add me if you need any help or just want to chat :)
PearlescentMoon
Hello nekuJay, welcome to Osu! and the forums! :)
As for your questions, I'm guessing they relate to the 'standard' version of Osu!, so I can't be much help unless you're talking about 'mania' haha
but... it's generally easier to start on the 'normal' difficulties, they allow you to get a nice feel to the speed rather than the slow easy ones... but hey, that's what I recommend, no need to go with it :D
Feel free to message me/add me if you have any questions.
Happy Gaming! ~(^_^)~
Topic Starter
nekuJay

Yes I was talking about osu! standard. Thank you for the tips, also wanted to ask about ranked map packs - can you recommend me something or just go by the number? Like start from pack #1 then go higher and higher?

And about map difficulties I will just probably try to push my limits and try to challenge myself, like you said @kuronumi

For sure I'll add you both ^^
Aoriki
Welcome welcome person! Enjoy your stay.
PearlescentMoon
Awesome, I'll add you as well haha ^_^
and I don't download packs as I download many different ranges of songs and can't really be bothered with packs.. but.. that could be a good idea I guess? XD
WillTai
Hello! Welcome to osu! :D Hope you enjoy your time with this game.

In response to your questions:

1. You can follow it. Though you could look for songs you enjoy and play them first (try to look for more recent versions though).

2. It's really up to you. You can try insane and work your way down to a difficulty you're comfortable in starting with or start from easy and work your way up.

3. Mods, it's really up to you :3 My rule of thumb is if the specific difficulty isn't challenging enough add a mod or go up a difficulty.

Hope this helps~

I might see you around ahaha.
topecnz
Welcome to osu! forums
Rio-
Welcome to the Community, NekuJay!~
Have Fun :D
Immortelle_old
Welcome !! :3
Topic Starter
nekuJay
Thanks for all tips and guidelines, much appreciated ^^. I'm so hyped about this game, for sure I will haev good time playing it :D thank you for such a warm welcome! See you in game :) :!:
[-Teddy-]

nekuJay wrote:

Hello people of osu!

As usual, I was searching twitch.tv to watch some streams, then suddenly I noticed a new title being promoted at front page - so I did check it. It happend to be a osu! World Cup. And surprisingly I saw a polish flag. Long story short I was amazed by skill of this guys, so I decided to try this game out by myself and here I am :D

Something about me - 22 years old guy from poland, loving e-sport and competition.

Couple of questions though:

1. I started playing on maps that are recommended in Beginner's Training - since its 5 years old, is it wise to follow that guide? Are there any up to date guides? haven't seen any on forums.
2. Should I just jump right away into hard mode games or go by easy then normal and so on?
3. When is the right time to implement mods?

I know there is no "perfect" way to get to top ranks, but your knowledge will be really helpful. Feel free to add me or something, I would love to play this game with somebody :)
Cześć nekuJay, welcome to osu!!

To answer your questions:
1. I usually follow the beginner guides but as said before, it's up to you.
2. Try playing an easy beatmap if you can perfect it without any trouble move on to the next difficulty and do the same until you find a difficultly that is challenging for you.
3. Everytime I finish a song (SS) I add a mod on such as Doubletime, Hardrock or Hidden, I feel it helps me to improve.

Hope this help! Enjoy your stay and have fun! If you need any help at all free to PM me! :o
Refer to my signature to read the rules/welcome message! :oops: