forum

[invalid] More than 1 username change

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12
Topic Starter
Ventus
we should be able to change more then once maybe only twice so in case you pick a stuipd or wrong username u could change it again
iSpR1Te

SoraRoxas01 wrote:

...in case you pick a stuipd or wrong username...
That is what the first name change is meant for. I really don't think there is a need for a second name change since you should have picked a name that you want with the first name change.
Yukiteru Amano
Switching to many times only causes confusion... and why didn't you pick a username that you were happy with from the start? AND Why did you change it to something you're not satisfied with AGAIN?
XPJ38
You can already revert a username change: see this.

Having more than one change is just silly. Being able to change once is already a privilege you should put a lot of thought on.
Nathanael
1 is already enough imo.
Keep in mind that this functionality is mainly for people who make accounts like "u13842907" or "FatBoy_12385" for one reason or another and are now regretting it.
NixXSkate
Since this is a game that doesn't allow multiple accounts, I think it would be cool if people were allowed a change per year.
I can understand why it wouldn't be allowed though, it's really confusing to find some people when they get a name change.
Nathanael

NixXSkate wrote:

I think it would be cool if people were allowed a change per year.
I can understand why it wouldn't be allowed though, it's really confusing to find some people when they get a name change.
Its too confusing for many. >.<
But if only the old usernames can be used to redirect on our current username, it would be good (if planning to revert).
kouzuki_karen
MarioBound
I have a friend on Steam who changes his name everyday.
That way no one knew who he was.
So no.
Lust
People already have trouble telling who people are from namechanges anyways (myself for an example). It'll only serve to cause more confusion then there already is.
Coffee Hero
The once per year thing actually isn't a bad idea.
Kodora
Would be nice idea i think, support. Some people needs this as well.
kouzuki_karen

MarioBound wrote:

I have a friend on Steam who changes his name everyday.
That way no one knew who he was.
So no.

Yukiteru amano wrote:

Switching to many times only causes confusion... and why didn't you pick a username that you were happy with from the start? AND Why did you change it to something you're not satisfied with AGAIN?
-Ryuujii-
1 star
Stefan

Kodora wrote:

Some people needs this as well.
Why?

And no, if you made a typo in your name then ask around. For capitalization changes, removing/adding spaces, etc. this here. And if you are picky then do not change your name. It's better to keep your current one as being unsure how you actually want to rename.
Kodora

Stefan wrote:

Why?
Why not give a fair chance to change username second time if people want so? This is something what only will be more player-friendly.

I have some friends who changed account over this
Stefan
Personally it's fair enough that you can change your name here. On YouTube you never could change it. Also it has been already named a very valid reason why this shouldn't be happen.

Keep in mind that this functionality is mainly for people who make accounts like "u13842907" or "FatBoy_12385" for one reason or another and are now regretting it.
kouzuki_karen
Derekku
Many forums/games won't let you change your name whatsoever, and the ones that do usually limit it to one change (which is already pretty generous). We're happy to revert names and make minor changes, but 2/3/4/unlimited changes isn't going to happen. Sorry.
Szymek
My first username that I wanted already got taken by somebody else so I had to put a number in it, so I didn't want that username so I choose this current username, but I want the old one back but in a different name.
show more