forum

Skandi CTB Tournament

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
As the topic says. Would this be of interest if so how many would like to join in on this? I know that there isn't a lot of CTB:ers in within the skandi community but I think it will be fun :)

Before entering you might want to be an experienced CTB player.

Rules

All Matches will be played 2v2.
Binationional are allowed. (You are allowed to team up with people from Denmark/Norway/Sweden).
The maps will be taken from this years CWC map pool. http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/106684

Last registration date will be around late January!

Common sense. Silly ways of getting around diffrent things in ways that will benefit you only, will be taken seriously.

If you're interested the registration is open. Please write the name of you and your teammate, please name your Team ^^!

Teams :)
Team: Watashitachiha, CTB ga daisukidesu Player #1 Lanki33 Player #2 Azeidith
Kotayo
i'm not going to join but i just wanted to say i could probably help providing a stream if i got help from one or two people similar to how the OST stream will be handled :P that is if there actually is a CTB tournament xD
boat
Make it 2v2s

Team Name: boatayo
Player #1 - boat
Player #2 - Kotayo
"help how do I catch the fruit"
jk but I might consider playing (even though I don't at all play ctb) if you do make it 2v2s.
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
I kinda want singles since I want to see who is the best in Skandi. But maybe 2v2 could be considerd since 1v1 matches may take a lot more time. Kotayo, I'll let you know if I need any help streaming the whole thing. I hope there will be enough players signing up for it! :)
boat
Unless there is a massive skill-gap between the top players you're not going to find out who's "objectively and consistently the best" through just a couple of matches.

Besides, tournaments should be for fun but playing alone is no fun.
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
I see your point. 2v2 then, but if there is a low amount of players maybe 1v1 is an option, I believe it will be fun 1v1 as well. :)
Kotayo

boat wrote:

Make it 2v2s

Team Name: boatayo
Player #1 - boat
Player #2 - Kotayo
"help how do I catch the fruit"
jk but I might consider playing (even though I don't at all play ctb) if you do make it 2v2s.
wow ok sure i guess
and yea 2v2 is probably better just for the sake of fun. and if you have trouble finding players just make it smaller and skip groupstage or something? or have groupstage to determine seeds for the bracket
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
Shall we start a sign up and see how many who are willing to take part :)?
Lavale_old
this will be fun. good luck to all teams
walterx8
Sounds fun, Im in! everyone loves pictures :3
Lanki
i am in guess i wouldn`t hurt:3 will it?:P
I think you should have somewhat of a date it will be held. Hard to register for something if I 'm too busy.

Great idea though, any effiecient way of letting non-forumers on here??
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
The date will be set soon and I want to see how many that are actually interested :) I was thinking for it to start in either very late Jan or early Feb. If you would like, please tell as many within Skandi. I'll try to have the matches set on Weekends and a reasonable time 17:00-22:00 something? There is a lot of time left.
Yeah, I'm defenitely interested. Want to team up with me Yuki? :D

I'll also try to speak with the Norwegians playing ctb.
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
I am going to wait to pick a partner. I want to see how many players plan on playing first!
Chokladboll
Welp I guess it's time to start playing CTB
*vomits*
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
Aldrig försent att börja :P
Chokladboll

Yukiteru amano wrote:

Aldrig försent att börja :P
men man mår ju så illa 100posts
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
CTB master race!
boat
ctb mustard race

Team dickbutt
Player #1:
boat
Player #2: maal
"my poop smells like roses - shut the fuck up boat"
maal
bring the mustard, cuz we're going ham
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
Skriver upp er då! Vilket fint lagnamn!
boat
snopprumpa
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
boat
Please use some bbcode and formatting.

The OP is cringeworthy and a pain in the ass to read.
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
Sorry ;S Sämst på att göra sånt här xD Vad vill du att jag skall ändra?
I suggest not using the CWC mappools btw, they tend to be quite hard, and the Skandi CTB are not at this lvl yet. I suggest a map pool with some hards and insanes, with either no-mod all maps or let the choosing team decide what mod to use (in other words: not free-mods).

The reason for the Hard diffs is in case there are gonna be someone who hasn't caught any fruits before sign up, and would be horrifying to give them Fruitender.

Considering this, make a map pool afterthe sign ups. I can help fetch some maps if you want me to.
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
Could make pools after what stage we are in competition. For an example Round 1 = Insanes ar8 or maybe easier ar9s. The diffculty level of the maps will increase the further in we move into the competition.

I believe the competition is for somewhat experienced players. So bringing in Hard maps will only make things boring.
show more