posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ReaperCreepy
would like to know what is the most comfortable mouse to play osu :!: :?: :?:

iSpR1Te

ReaperCreepy wrote:

would like to know what is the most comfortable mouse to play osu :!: :?: :?:
What will be most comfortable to you will not be to someone else. Personal preference basically.

Also, there are plenty of other posts about this; you just need to look around a little in Gameplay & Rankings. There really is no need to make another thread.

AmaiHachimitsu
Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A :)))))
Jerome
I'll backup iSpR1Te and say the Razer Deathadder - it is one of the nicest ergonomic gaming mice around and works absolutely amazingly for nearly everything. It doesn't have the million extra buttons on the side that a hardcore MMO player might want, but for osu, the popular MOBAs and FPS you can't go wrong with it.
Spyrunite
I use a razer deathadder but I could see myself wanting something smaller. For me it's a bit to big to grip tightly to completely control it.
Xcrypt
zowwwiee :p I just got mine yesterday, it's light as a feather and pretty small. Loving it!
NixXSkate
Zowie mice are lame for osu!

Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Abyssus, CM Storm Spawn, CM Storm Recon, Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0, Microsoft Optical 1.1a, and Logitech G400S are all great choices for osu! (I've used all of these, as well as the Zowie FK)

PS: Ok I lied I never used the IME 3.0 orz
Xcrypt

NixXSkate wrote:

Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Abyssus, CM Storm Spawn, CM Strom Recon, Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0, Microsoft 1.1a Optical, and Logitech G400S are all great choices with for osu! (I've used all of these, as well as the Zowie FK)
Based on what? Zowie FK has the A3090 sensor which is the same as deathadder and many of the top mice. Most users also have less problems with zowie (from what I've read)
If it didn't work for you, it's probably because the shape and weight don't go well together with your playstyle, that doesn't mean it's a bad mouse for osu! in general.
RaneFire

Xcrypt wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Abyssus, CM Storm Spawn, CM Strom Recon, Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0, Microsoft 1.1a Optical, and Logitech G400S are all great choices with for osu! (I've used all of these, as well as the Zowie FK)
Based on what? Zowie FK has the A3090 sensor which is the same as deathadder and many of the top mice. Most users also have less problems with zowie (from what I've read)
If it didn't work for you, it's probably because the shape and weight don't go well together with your playstyle, that doesn't mean it's a bad mouse for osu! in general.
Apparently it has something to do with very low LOD and spinners. Haven't used one myself, but I'm guessing this has to do with momentarily lifting the mouse during the spinner a fraction of a millimeter, without realising it, thus causing drift.
NixXSkate

RaneFire wrote:

Xcrypt wrote:

Apparently it has something to do with very low LOD and spinners. Haven't used one myself, but I'm guessing this has to do with momentarily lifting the mouse during the spinner a fraction of a millimeter, without realising it, thus causing drift.
Exactly, most Zowie mice use a custom lens that causes inconsistent tracking at the tiniest lift. I really don't think extremely low LOD is good for a game that requires you to stay in constant motion a lot of times. If you were playing an FPS it would be a different story. Also, a lot of players have problem with the ridiculously low lift-off, it's just that the mouse has so much hype from people that have never even used it. Most of the mice I've stated have A3090 sensors it's just the Zowie mice are highly regarded in terms of tracking accuracy because a lot of FPS players would like the low LOD for readjusting. Sometimes I want to readjust but I don't have time/don't want to stop moving, and if I want to spin full speed I don't want to be pushing my mouse down against the pad in fear that it will stop tracking or drift. I would never recommend a mouse that holds me back in any way.
Aqo
Lolzy
cm storm xornet is the best one, i got a steelseries sensei but it sux when it comes to play osu!
Zakdawg
I had a G9x... it was okay'ish but not really that good.
Then i got a zowie FK, which is good for jumps and all that good stuff, but if the song becomes fast the thiniest lift will cause problems. I can't even spin full speed.

So now i'm waiting for the one Aqo posted.
AmaiHachimitsu
Listen to Aqo, he knows what he's talking about

Like me
NixXSkate

Lolzyy wrote:

cm storm xornet is the best one, i got a steelseries sensei but it sux when it comes to play osu!
The CM Storm Xornet has a low perfect control speed, so you're better off forkin over the extra bucks for the Spawn instead.
Breiz

Zakdawg wrote:

I had a G9x... it was okay'ish but not really that good.
Then i got a zowie FK, which is good for jumps and all that good stuff, but if the song becomes fast the thiniest lift will cause problems. I can't even spin full speed.

So now i'm waiting for the one Aqo posted.
Do you and NixXSkate spin in the air or something? spinning was easy with my g9x, now a ie3.0, but I also have an ec1 evo and spinning's just fine there.
I can't see why the g9x was only okayish, I've only switched to ie3.0 since i'm playing mouse only and wanted to use a mouse better for the playstyle.
B-but muh PERFECT TRACKING.. omg acceleration! stop playing at 200 dpi.
NixXSkate

Breiz wrote:

Do you and NixXSkate spin in the air or something?
Spinning like this wouldn't be good with a Zowie:

(This is kriers spinnin)
iGod
Razer Naga in shit tier

And all this time I thought I had a good mouse
Glyph

NixXSkate wrote:

Lolzyy wrote:

The CM Storm Xornet has a low perfect control speed, so you're better off forkin over the extra bucks for the Spawn instead.
I've heard reports of the Spawn jittering at 800 dpi with the newer firmware. Versions with the older firmware, assuming my previous information is correct, should have no jitter but a high LOD.
Dyallo
I prefer more space in my deck xD
Noobsicle
I can spin around 350(~400ifitryreallyhard) with a zowie ec1 evo o_o

i doubt using a different mouse would skyrocket my spm to 9000
Zakdawg
Got my ie3.0.

Honestly I dont like it. I can't find a sensitivity that feels nice. So i'm going to stick with my Zowie for now.
Hawnta
GOD TIER

SHIT TIER
every other mouse that ever moused
Akani
Is Razer Ouroboros a good mouse for osu ?
TakuMii

Zakdawg wrote:

Got my ie3.0.
Honestly I dont like it. I can't find a sensitivity that feels nice. So i'm going to stick with my Zowie for now.
IMO you won't have a very good time with the older Microsoft mice unless you overclock their polling rate (which is impossible in Windows 8/8.1 unless you use a PS/2 adapter and set it to 200Hz). They also only come in 400dpi, so you'd have to get used to that if you want to use it at its maximum potential.

[ Akantor ] wrote:

Is Razer Ouroboros a good mouse for osu ?
If you're looking for an accurate mouse, then no.
Me168

SupaJakejam11 wrote:

GOD TIER

SHIT TIER
every other mouse that ever moused
Even though Im bumping a dead thread, just imagine playing osu with this

Like I cant breath Im laughing about this

the entire time you are just freaking out because of the track ball

i need video of this
aBunny
@ NixXsSkate

who lifts their mouse while playing osu? LOD isnt a problem if you dont lift your mouse at all.
show more