forum

Motoi Sakuraba - Gourmet Race (Brawl Remix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hawkowl124
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on January 28, 2014 at 3:09:09 PM

Artist: Motoi Sakuraba
Title: Gourmet Race (Brawl Remix)
Source: Super Smash Bros Brawl
Tags: Kirby
BPM: 180
Filesize: 1790kb
Play Time: 01:44
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.37 stars, 67 notes)
  2. Hard (4.94 stars, 238 notes)
  3. Insane (4.97 stars, 290 notes)
  4. Normal (2.6 stars, 95 notes)
Download: Motoi Sakuraba - Gourmet Race (Brawl Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Second Beatmap :D
I'm looking for someone to mod this beatmap atm
Enjoy :)
Updated as of Jan 28
ampzz

Timing check
Found the timing request via in-game in #modhelp so, here you go!

I found your offset to be off (early) by quite a lot with this as the result -

First timing section:
  1. BPM: 90.00
  2. Offset: 208
Second timing section:
  1. BPM: 180.00
  2. Offset: 2860
This should result in giving you this for the timing panel

Despite how 'fast' the song actually sounds, it does not go past being 180 BPM flat, it's just a lot of 1/8th spam on the guitarist that the arranger for this song decided to utilise.

After you apply this you will need to change everything to snap onto this timing.
Winek
Easy

Simple Problem: First part, you put alot of slider, then after Way too many circles without any sliders.
Even on Easy, mix Sliders and circles.

Normal

Practically No problem found. Just try to put some circles at empty place to fill in and increase a bit difficulty.
Also try to place sliderscircles at correct place, not just random.

Hard

I guess it's okay, but consider reducing a tiny bit of circles. 0.04 stars more and it is considered as insane...
But watheverelse, This difficulty is just alright.

Insane

The timing, would i say, Is good. The tiny problem, It's like you're placing Circles at random place.
Just try to make a steam, or 2 circles at the same place, drawing a star with the circles (I hate that :cry:)

General
Problem is just random placing of notes. That's the first problem.

:) Hope it helped :)
Topic Starter
hawkowl124
Hello Winek,

The reason why the note placement seems random is because it IS random. I didn't know there was a right or wrong way to place notes so long as the spacing is correct. Stack circles at the same spot right? I could try that, and I'll also try to avoid zig-zag patterns in the Insane difficulty and make it more of a straight line

The rest of the problems seem pretty straight forward and easy to fix

Thank you for the input :D

EDIT: I think I've solved most if not all the problems in the beatmap.
-[ SooHanZ ]-
Hi hawkowl124, well I saw some errors on some levels and I will tell you immediately.

General: At any level, I see the kiai mode, which is not necessary in a map but I like the kiai mode makes it stand out more maps (my personal opinion).

My kiai mode would be: the first from 00:10:794 (1) - to 00:32:127 (1) - and the second 01:08:127 (1) - to 01:18:127 (13) - .

To my taste all levels have a very good timing, the insane I find a little slow, so I would add any stream or something like that.

The easy, normal and hard difficulty speaking are well.

In Insane:

Your HP Drain Rate is 6, I would change it to 8.
These maps in Circle Size would most recommended 4 or 5, if you want you can change that, is your desicion.
The Approach Rate is good.
Overall Difficulty, I would change to 7.

That's my contribution 8-) , I hope you have served something ;)
Winek

hawkowl124 wrote:

Hello Harpie,

The reason why the note placement seems random is because it IS random. I didn't know there was a right or wrong way to place notes so long as the spacing is correct. Stack circles at the same spot right? I could try that, and I'll also try to avoid zig-zag patterns in the Insane difficulty and make it more of a straight line

The rest of the problems seem pretty straight forward and easy to fix

Thank you for the input :D

EDIT: I think I've solved most if not all the problems in the beatmap.
No problem!
Topic Starter
hawkowl124
Hello SooHanz,

I have considered adding kiai time to my beatmap before, at first I thought it was too much, and that it didn't fit into any part of the beatmap. But now that I look at it again it makes sense to have kiai time in the parts mentioned. I'll also changed the song setting as requested, and have added note streams where I felt it made sense

Thanks for the input :D

Edit: I've updated the beatmap, it should now show the changes mentioned above
Topic Starter
hawkowl124
So... I just realized that my offset was in fact off, and that ampzz had the correct offset, oops... :roll:
BigWilly
[Easy]

00:02:859 (1,2) - Try to Avoid the overlap on the two sliders
00:10:859 (1,2,3) -

00:13:526 (4,5) - Avoid the overlap
00:22:193 (2) - Stop the Slight overlap with slider #4
00:28:193 (2,3) - Avoid the slight overlap
00:29:526 (3,1) - ^
00:32:193 (1,2) - ^

Good Luck!
Topic Starter
hawkowl124
Hello Feverie,

I've fixed all the problems that you've pointed out. Also, I've noticed that you only modded the easy difficulty. Does this mean that the rest of the difficulties are fine? Just curious

Thanks for the help :D
gameon123321
Insane:
How is this different from hard (especially in the first two segments)?

00:55:693 (6) - This is on the slider, and is hard to read. Change?
01:29:526 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - I like the rhythm, but can you make it look like a spiral or a square?
01:32:193 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Same as last

Hard:

from 00:10:859 (1) to 00:30:859 (5) - This feels too square - can you put a bit of variation here (repeat sliders, 1/4 snap circles, jumps)? the segment is pretty boring.
from 01:34:859 (1) to 01:44:193 (5) - Same as above

00:42:193 (3,4) - Can you move these two apart? It looks like a 1/2 beat spacing.

Normal:
The sliders are very straight. Change some to curved?

00:32:193 (1,2) - This rhythm doesn't make sense. I know you're following the rock guitar, but still...
00:57:526 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - TOO MUCH SPACING :o
01:13:526 (5) - Break into another combo?
01:25:859 (2,1) - This is a long space between them, put something in

Easy:
Formations? Having a style and repeating it is very good to beginners. The lack of consistency is bad.

00:52:193 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - What are you doing by putting them so close? Can you follow your spacing? This is easy FOR AN EASY...
01:24:193 (1,2) - These should end on beats, offbeat sounds off.

Please look at what I've suggested, but what I say isn't the final word. In the end, you're the creator.
Topic Starter
hawkowl124
Hello gameon123321,

Sorry for late response, I've been busy with exams. I've done my best to fix all the problems you've pointed out. I made sure to correct the parts that needed fixing, (spacing, timing, etc.) while only lightly changing the other parts (mostly because I couldn't think of a way to fix these problems)

Thanks for the input :D
BigWilly

hawkowl124 wrote:

Hello Feverie,

I've fixed all the problems that you've pointed out. Also, I've noticed that you only modded the easy difficulty. Does this mean that the rest of the difficulties are fine? Just curious

Thanks for the help :D
Nah I am a lazy person.

Modding Some more now. Stay tuned :D