forum

Alternate tapping, is it weird?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Soarezi
you must singletap. it is the only way to play this game
Setsuen
I alternate most of the time and single tap if it is consecutive spaced hit circles so I suppose the real issue is whether your style suits you.
That said my aim is horribly (Probably because I have never turned off mouse precision blah blah blah)
buny
do what feels right for you

personally, i choose to alternate in certain maps simply because i feel the song doesn't match up as to its single tap speed
Tripp
From what Ive experienced, single tapping results in better accuracy and alternate tapping will get you clicking faster. idk I guess its just preference
GoldenWolf

Triples Profile wrote:

From what Ive experienced, single tapping results in better accuracy and alternate tapping will get you clicking faster. idk I guess its just preference
that's pretty false imo, you can get very good accuracy with both singletapping and alternating, it comes down to what you practiced more
Tripp

GoldenWolf wrote:

that's pretty false imo, you can get very good accuracy with both singletapping and alternating, it comes down to what you practiced more
idk I played both and found single tapping best but thats just me. ik some people who alternate tap and it works great for them
Jerome
It depends how far ahead you are looking. If you are trying to play already Insane songs and throw Double Time on to get a score that only a handful of people can manage, then you will need to learn to alternate for nearly everything, as singletapping will eventually fall off. But for everything else singletapping will work fine and comes more naturally to most people.
PlasticSmoothie
Learn both.
NixXSkate
A lot of people alternate everything and do just fine, do whatever you want.
shortpotato
it doesn't matter
Kaeru
I alternate everything. Always have, always will.
sunumi
I alternate because I find it hard to go from singletapping regular notes into a stream by adding another finger. That is why I learned to alternate, so now I have no problems with streams. My biggest problem is randomly breaking because i forgot to tap, but this happened to me with singletapping too. Also with alternating you can do faster maps :3
tokaku
I alternate. That's not weird. Single tapping freedom drive is weird.
Xho
I switched from alternating to singletapping some time ago, and I improved in both accuracy and speed. Problem is that I sortoff forgot how to alternate though, and alternating is still more useful on certain maps.
Soarezi
pff, alternating is for weaklings
Kaeru
If switching to single tapping gets you higher accuracy then you just need more practice alternating.
PlasticSmoothie
Single tapping is in general more accurate than alternating.
Kaeru
It may be easier to be accurate with single tapping. With enough practice, though, you can be extremely accurate with both.
sunumi
I feel that alternating has a higher skillcap, with single tapping, you can only go so fast, but with alternating you can go faster, and with three fingers even faster! But playing with three fingers is really hard I would assume
Arcanine
whatevers comfortable

alternating is fun and faster because why not make use of your other finger?

if youre bad then you'll probably think alternating = lower acc. but it's all about how much you practice
MarioBound
You're basically streaming really slowly.
I did it for about 6 months before finally switching to singletap.
ALL HAIL THE SINGLETAP MASTER RACE!!!!!
buny

irclyna wrote:

I feel that alternating has a higher skillcap, with single tapping, you can only go so fast, but with alternating you can go faster, and with three fingers even faster! But playing with three fingers is really hard I would assume
lol no
GoldenWolf

irclyna wrote:

But playing with three fingers is really hard I would assume
hello mania